UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 75

mav-man

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Nessex said:

No-one knows what a Balaclava  is? Is it an uncommon word in the States? 
Every time someone robs a petrol station or a liqour shop in Australia, we read about Balaclavas in the paper or hear about them on the news. 

Having said that - I am a middle-aged man.... perhaps the word isn't as common amongst children (who I have to keep reminding myself are the actual target audience for these products)

Legit thought you were talking about baklava and was wondering what the connection was between that and armed robbery. I mean, it's delicious, but not that delicious.

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

Legit thought you were talking about baklava and was wondering what the connection was between that and armed robbery. I mean, it's delicious, but not that delicious.

Well I mean Turkish Delight will make you betray your family to certain doom, so I suppose Baklava could wind up with a robbery.

Balaclava (UK) = Ski-mask (USA).     Marvel actually sells 'Marvel (character) Balaclavas ' in the UK.

Baklava is a pastry dessert.

Balaclavas were so-called,allegedly, because British troops fighting the Russians in the Crimean War (1853-1856 ) were so ill-equipped for the Russian winter that they were literally freezing to death.....word got back to the people back home started knitting woollen clothing for them .  Sometime in the next few years I expect history will probably repeat itself:confused:

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Heinous said:

The punisher set is already sold out?! 

Our store system requires us to specify how many sets we will sell loose and how many packaged. If you get a message that the option you selected is not available, it means that either the loose or packaged option sold out, but we have more of the other option. We try to adjust these numbers periodically to make sure there are plenty of both options, but sometimes you just need to email or PM me and ask if I can make more sets available as loose or packaged. I just shuffled around the inventory on the Punisher set, so both options are available to order again.

8 hours ago, luke314pi said:

Our store system requires us to specify how many sets we will sell loose and how many packaged. If you get a message that the option you selected is not available, it means that either the loose or packaged option sold out, but we have more of the other option. We try to adjust these numbers periodically to make sure there are plenty of both options, but sometimes you just need to email or PM me and ask if I can make more sets available as loose or packaged. I just shuffled around the inventory on the Punisher set, so both options are available to order again.

Ah, sweet! Knowledge is power! 

Nothing makes me more excited about minimates than a well executed comic based wave and this one is no exception.  Even if I'm not totally sold on all the costumes (I'm looking at you, Tracksuit Iron Fist) they're still pulled off in that perfect minimate style that feels like they just leapt off the page.

My personal favorite of the wave is that new Ghost Rider.  That helmut piece is as gorgeous as it it grotesque.  I only wish he came with a tire iron instead of a couple of chains, but hey that's what my storage bins are for.

On the opposite side of the scale is Jessica Jones.  Not because  she's a bad looking figure, more that in this wave of fun, toyetic costumes, she's just wearing a jacket.  It would have been nice if she was swapped out for a new Spider-Woman or something, but whatever, she came with the perfect Purple Man so all is good.

Great stuff from DST and here's hoping they refocus the line on the comic stuff and leave the box sets for the dull MCU stuff.

For me, this is one of those waves where I just don't like the characters or the costume designs enough to get excited about it. The figures are all obviously well executed, but I can't see buying most of this wave. I say this knowing I will probably throw a set or two in my cart the next time Luke updates the loose figures. :unsure:

3 hours ago, hellpop said:

For me, this is one of those waves where I just don't like the characters or the costume designs enough to get excited about it. The figures are all obviously well executed, but I can't see buying most of this wave. I say this knowing I will probably throw a set or two in my cart the next time Luke updates the loose figures. :unsure:

3 hours ago, stack32 said:

I'm not sure it's obvious these are all well executed. Moon Knight in particular seems mediocre at best and some of the others really need to be in hand to know for sure.

I haven't seen these in person yet but I thought they looked cool from the pictures that I have seen so far.  With that said though, I feel like I don't need any of them in my collection.

Edited by MisterMiracle