UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

On 6/4/2017 at 7:40 AM, Kostisfire said:

I'm talking about the plot. It's yet another "humans don't trust us and we're gonna fight back", etc, etc. It's become the defacto plot for X-Men and it's boring. We get it, they're "allegories" (as much as a person who can hurl skyscrapers can be), but why not do something different for once? Mutants experiments by literal Eldritch Abominations. Why are they not tapping that source? There are tons of themes you can touch, from transhumanism to penetheism. But nah, another mutants v humans story is what we need.

As for Avengers, it's not that it was a bad story, just... eh. The Kang plot over at Uncanny Avengers was much better and fleshed out. Waid's one was... a two-part story bloated into five. The current book is just redundant. Uncanny Avengers is doing a much better job of being an Avengers book TBH.

Finally back after a hiatus and I just had to say yes to most of your Marvel descriptions XD 

I'm not sure what the obsession is with "this teenager is better than everyone else in their field now"  that's the lazy part to me. It seems to be their big play right now, though. I want something different like a single mother of 2 that's over worked and sleep deprived yet fights crime while her kids are in an after school program and struggles with the decision of risking her life to fight crime because if she dies then it puts her kids at risk of being orphans? Like where's that kinda fresh stuff? Too much old blood like bendis and not enough new blood at marvel that's for sure. 

Richards, Pete, Tony, etc. have slaved for their craft. How many comics have shown Pete pissing away potential (tests and such) to fight crime and making those tough calls? To me it kinda takes away the merit when you're like "this teenager is now the smartest person in the universe or just as good as (insert old A/B lister here). "Their struggles are the same ones we've seen about being 98% perfect and not completely 100%" If anyone was gonna take over Iron Man's spot I woulda wanted Rhodes but they had to kill him. 

As a Reilly fan I tried Scarlet Spider, it's okay. Yeah it seems OOC but I guess I could pass it off as delirium from being brought back. I even didn't hate the costume cause it reminded me of a Spidercide + Gwen molding. speaking of which Miles and Gwen? She totally seemed like she had a lot in common with Kaine I guess he might be too old for her though idk. 

Honestly when I read summaries for Marvel's comics right now they just remind me a lot of Adam Sandler/Rob Schneider plot lines that are proposed in South Park  

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/12/2017 at 8:13 AM, thatblockoguy said:

Any chance of a long awaited first appearance Wonder Man?

I know a lot of folks are waiting on a FA Wonder Man, but i'd really love to see a translucent, Ionic powered-up version.

I would really like a first appearance wonder man and although I think he's very unlikely I guess that if it does turn out that skurge is the asgardian villain it would be in keeping with a masters of evil theme.  Plus he has been a villain and, assuming that the guess about rogue is right for the xman/avenger the 4 candidates that jump to my mind as the other "avenger who has been a villain" are swordsman, quicksilver, scarlet witch and him.  Of those he's maybe the most likely?  However, I'm not reading much current stuff and there are probably a host of modern "avengers" from various backgrounds who have been villains!

Btw, I don't know if we are still on for a mid-June reveal but if so that would make it pretty imminent...?

It occurs to me the hint about featuring Avengers becomes less useful when you take modern Avengers into account; you could argue Wave 72 has two variants of an Avenger if you were so inclined. I can totally imagine DST giving us an "Avengers" wave made up of Wolverine, Rogue, Sunspot, Havok, Cable, Deadpool, Storm, and Sabretooth though.

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I think it will be a while longer. Should be it the next Previews and be at SDCC.

Box set soon though.

Do we know when the next Previews will be?

And if the reveal will be a while longer, can you say if the Avenger/X-Man alternate looks are modern or classic?

Box set soon is definitely exciting, I thought the reveal was further off.

Mid-July for 74.

All of the "Avengers" looks, including the new Legacy Avenger, the new Spider-Verser (not a Parker) and the X-Man-who-has-been-an-Avenger, are modern and I would say half are story-specific, although two more sprung from a specific storyline and have hung around. Two have what I would consider alternate looks (different heads and/or hair and/or torsos), and one has a removable head covering, with bonus hair.

One of the villains is modern, story-specific, but the other is definitely CLASSIC. One of them is armored, and while there are no bonus feet, there is an interchangeable face and removable helmet, and you could conceivably break it down for an unarmored look.

Jackal head Ben Reilly is a pipe dream. I saw the jackal being teased in a new Homecoming article but it's sad when you don't even have enough faith in a company so you'd rather them just leave an arc alone than try to tackle it (MCU is almost the new fox for me)  in an interview Holland didn't even know the original clone saga just the ultimate version... dude is like a couple years younger than me lol. I'd rather them just focus on Pete for like 8 movies than introduce other Spider-Men or Women.

Oy how I dislike Spider verse. I think pre-Spider verse when we had 10 Spider people it was already more than enough. Lol

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Mid-July for 74.

All of the "Avengers" looks, including the new Legacy Avenger, the new Spider-Verser (not a Parker) and the X-Man-who-has-been-an-Avenger, are modern and I would say half are story-specific, although two more sprung from a specific storyline and have hung around. Two have what I would consider alternate looks (different heads and/or hair and/or torsos), and one has a removable head covering, with bonus hair.

One of the villains is modern, story-specific, but the other is definitely CLASSIC. One of them is armored, and while there are no bonus feet, there is an interchangeable face and removable helmet, and you could conceivably break it down for an unarmored look.

So Riri will have an unarmored look and Steve will have a removable mask with hair. Then Rogue will have Brotherhood AND UA parts. Beyond that...

Hydra!Cap and pretty much any Spider-Verser could be storyline specific. I'm guessing the third storyline specific character will be one of the three non-X-Man Avenger variants, since they were said to be mostly storyline specific. I can't think who it would be, though. Ironheart came out of Civil War II and stuck around, and Uncanny Avengers Rogue came out of AvX (well, Uncanny Avengers did, anyway).

I still think the Asgardian is Executioner, and I also still have no idea on the other.

46 minutes ago, Mnemosis said:

Now... if Skurge IS our classic villain, he's not the armored one, right? I've never seen him have a "dressed down" look that I can think of. So who's cosmic, armored, and modern story-specific but COULD have a dressed down look? 

Yeah this is getting pretty confusing!  I'm really hoping the classic villain is the thor one and skurge seems a great bet but doesn't he wear some armour?  I've never seen him wear a helmet though.  And I have absolutely no idea of anyone who's cosmic, armoured and modern right now either.

The only two things I am now certain of are that swordsman and first appearance wonder man definitely don't fit the descriptions (sadly!) and another whole month seems a long time to wait for the reveal -  I don't think there has ever been such a big gap between marvel waves/reveals before.  At this rate I can see this wave (let alone 75) slipping back to 2018.  Good news if the box set reveal is close though.

Zach's armor comment makes me wonder if we aren't getting classic Iron Monger. If they reuse the mold from IM, that ticks everything he mentions, including the lack of alternate feet.