UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/19/2018 at 10:01 PM, stack32 said:

Spider-Girl: Having no familiarity with the story this is a decent figure that's instantly forgettable.

You should read the original Old Man Logan! We've made a fewMinimates from it, and it's a great story. She was also in Spider-Verse, I believe, and I think she's appeared in the 616 since then. She's Spidey's granddaughter, and I think Hawkeye's daughter? I forget.

It's crazy to think. We're approaching Wave 76 for standard sets and 26 for TRU. 

Factoring in Walgreens, Box sets, and all the other specialty waves over the years; there have been well over 100 Marvel waves. 

I still remember buying the Daredevil/Kingpin set at Walmart. This would have been way back in 2003, the days of Toybiz Marvel Legends.

Come to think of it, I most likely had a Spider-Man Classics figure in my cart as well. I miss those days. :confused:

Ah! Don't remind me! The gradual price increase of Legends is why I started taking my Minimate-Collecting more seriously.

Mates are comparatively inexpensive with more consistent quality than most other toy lines. Not to mention, the most expansive character selection. 

6 minutes ago, Minimate said:

Ah! Don't remind me! The gradual price increase of Legends is why I started taking my Minimate-Collecting more seriously.

Mates are comparatively inexpensive with more consistent quality than most other toy lines. Not to mention, the most expansive character selection. 

2 hours ago, Minimate said:

That's it. I quit the Minimate game.

OK!

On 3/26/2018 at 6:56 PM, DSTZach said:

You should read the original Old Man Logan! We've made a fewMinimates from it, and it's a great story. She was also in Spider-Verse, I believe, and I think she's appeared in the 616 since then. She's Spidey's granddaughter, and I think Hawkeye's daughter? I forget.

Zach, you're great, and I don't mean to bust your chops, but when you're trying to make a case against the notion that a character is instantly forgettable, it's probably best not to end on a thought like, "She's Spidey's granddaughter, and I think Hawkeye's daughter? I forget."

lol....

10 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

Zach, you're great, and I don't mean to bust your chops, but when you're trying to make a case against the notion that a character is instantly forgettable, it's probably best not to end on a thought like, "She's Spidey's granddaughter, and I think Hawkeye's daughter? I forget."

lol....

Was I? I thought I was recommending a book.