UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of Planet Hulk, this is by far the least interested I've been in a wave since I began collecting minimates. Definitely didn't need another Old Man Logan when I already made a quick custom of this look with the Secret Wars figure. Oh well, the X-Men box set is still great. Hopefully 75 is killer.

When I was thinking of a cool hydra cap minimate I thought we would get the black and red version with the hydra logo on his chest and shield. This one just looks like a regular cap variant. Really love the Surtur and other new characters getting Mates!

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Mirymate said:

@Heinous- Define "classic" please.

The Ghost Rider I'd like is this guy but less doofy looking: http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=148&n=Ghost+Rider

Dunno about Heinous though.

(HAIL IVAN FIRST OF HIS NAME KING OF THE ANDALS AND THE FIRST MEN)

i like this Hydra Cap look. i'm not super excited about this wave or 75, but there are a couple from both i'll be looking for. i doubt my LCS will get them in as they haven't been getting new minimates for a while now, so i'll probably be looking to you guys for the mates i'm interested in.

12 hours ago, CortherX said:

i like this Hydra Cap look. i'm not super excited about this wave or 75, but there are a couple from both i'll be looking for. i doubt my LCS will get them in as they haven't been getting new minimates for a while now, so i'll probably be looking to you guys for the mates i'm interested in.

I just fear we'll never get yellow and green Hydra cap. I like this design but if it was between the two I'll green and yellow any day of the week. All in all I might get this pack just for the Hydra chest. Unless someone doesn't want their Hydra chest in which case I'll pay you for it :D 

On 8/27/2017 at 9:23 AM, Trekker 42 said:

The Ghost Rider I'd like is this guy but less doofy looking: http://minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=148&n=Ghost+Rider

Dunno about Heinous though.

(HAIL IVAN FIRST OF HIS NAME KING OF THE ANDALS AND THE FIRST MEN)

Probably not the place for it but... does anyone help Ivan with the site? Like with the tagging or descriptions or anything?

Also... how has it been so long?!?

On 8/26/2017 at 9:37 PM, Mirymate said:

@Heinous- Define "classic" please.

Well either Johnny blaze or Danny ketch in their iconic outfit. The one trekker posted, but updated, would be my ideal. The one of the champions boxset also, but in black. I was never really a fan of the blue coloring and I always thought that the blue was just shading on black leather? 

I asked because Dan Ketch's look has become Blaze's "iconic" outfit anymore. (Yes, I keep mentioning, yes, it still bugs me, yes, I'll drop it for now)

Kinda like the blue on old school Blaze though. Fit with the suit being Johnny's stunt cycle costume in the era of Evel Knievel. But that's just me. Much preferred pony tailed, trench coat over costume & jeans, shot gun toting Johnny Blaze myself, but clearly I'm in the minority since they put the demon back in him as quick as they could.

(admittedly Ketch's book had descended into remarkable unreadability there at the end, so that probably helped.)

9 hours ago, Mirymate said:

I asked because Dan Ketch's look has become Blaze's "iconic" outfit anymore. (Yes, I keep mentioning, yes, it still bugs me, yes, I'll drop it for now)

Kinda like the blue on old school Blaze though. Fit with the suit being Johnny's stunt cycle costume in the era of Evel Knievel. But that's just me. Much preferred pony tailed, trench coat over costume & jeans, shot gun toting Johnny Blaze myself, but clearly I'm in the minority since they put the demon back in him as quick as they could.

(admittedly Ketch's book had descended into remarkable unreadability there at the end, so that probably helped.)

We just need a Ghost Rider Through the ages wave of deluxe sets. 

Johnny Blaze grey and blue/first appearance classic Ghost Rider with Motorcycle. 

Danny Ketch with his street bike and alternate blue flames to differentiate the two for when you get 

more modern Johnny Blaze with the pony tail, shotgun, but with parts for the orange Blaze/Ketch Ghost Rider. With flaming motorcycle 

and then ghost driver with car with a new paint job and more streamlined Skull that'll fit in the car. 

45 minutes ago, Nessex said:

For my money - the GR in the Champions box set is my go-to classic look. 
But I'd happily buy another variant of him if it got us a Blackheart or even a Nightmare.

I don't know if I could decide between the two but og ghost rider is cool and honestly looking at that on the mmdb it doesn't look too out of date. 

Truth be told, I'd rather have a new, un-minimated character than a re-do of Ketch or Blaze. Blackheart'd be nice. Or Blackout, or the other Blackout. 

Course the real irony is we've spent almost a full page talking about Ghost Rider on the thread of the upcoming wave there isn't one in.

2 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Truth be told, I'd rather have a new, un-minimated character than a re-do of Ketch or Blaze. Blackheart'd be nice. Or Blackout, or the other Blackout. 

Course the real irony is we've spent almost a full page talking about Ghost Rider on the thread of the upcoming wave there isn't one in.

Hey - I'll take a Vengeance / Blackheart 2-pack if it tickles your fancy a bit sweeter.

13 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Whoops! I thought he was in 74, so 75 is the marvel knights wave? 

Yep.
This is the Zach dubbed Great Stories wave that we spent soooooooo long guessing about.

@BuffaloDelorean- I don't mind Vengance, and would like to see him in that "Supernatural" wave that @NerdyTrev was talking about.

Edited by Mirymate

2 hours ago, Heinous said:

I don't wanna make a thread for this, so I'll just ask here. Is there a comic batroc minimate? I could have sworn I've seen one, but I can't find it in the database...maybe it was a custom? 

batroctheleaper_by_boyd.jpg

This one?

Yeah it's a custom.

T.