UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of "Ages of Thunder", but Thor looks great, as do Hulk, Cap, and Surtur.

Not all of the looks really appeal to me, but they turned out really well.

The only set I'm uncertain about is OML & Ashley Barton, since I'm not a big fan of Spider-Verse and Logan's jacket looks like his only legitimately new part.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

6 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

A pic of the alt looks, not in the story.

MarvelMM74wCU.jpg

Ironheart and Red King's alternate looks I was expecting, but the other two are really impressive surprises. That young Logan convinced me to buy that pack.

This wave is really showing me how much I love minimates. The only look that I would have picked is Hydra!Cap, but I'm getting the whole wave.

Wow.

Those look great!

Ages of Thunder was a sort of prequel Thor story, when Thor was still an arrogant trouble making young warrior.

Edited by Mirymate

They all look great! Red King is a very nice surprise and Surtur is a very welcome addition. Plus, that Thor looks great! We finally get a new Hulk and it's everything I could've ever wished for. Only gripe for this whole wave is the lack of crown upon Hulk's brow, but that's easily forgivable for the amount of awesomeness the figure holds already. Wonderful job, DST! Can't wait.

This is a great looking wave. I know next to nothing about Riri or hydra cap but they look great, really excited about the red king and surtur packs. All 4 figures look great. Don't care about the OML pack, the alt younger look is cool, but Wolverine is always a costumed hero to me, never have cared for his civilian looks

52 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

A pic of the alt looks, not in the story.

MarvelMM74wCU.jpg

Zach, I don't know if it's been asked or mentioned, but is this wave getting any TRU exclusive packs?

I also hope Emily Barton comes with a katana :devil:

Edited by WeaponX

Interesting wave.

They're all designed well, though not all of them appeal to me (possibly due to my lack of familiarity with those characters).

some things that stand out to me;

Sutur's fire diaper is a fun accessory.

Red King has a surprisingly slender 'bulked up' look. It seems like mobility/posing will be optimized by the lack of a large chest piece. I like.

Old Man Logan's alt look seems like a nice update to wave 5's Civilian Logan. Great touch.

Edited by Donny B

I haven't read any of it, but I was kind of expecting Hydra Cap to be in the green outfit. *shrug*

Zach, now that we have Red King, is there a possibility for more Planet Hulk characters? Especially the Warbound? (Especially since there are already molds for Kronans & Brood, and would barely need minor alterations - maybe alternate parts even to not need to change the existing sculpt?)

Ages of Thunder? Never would have guessed that one. I love that story.

My only absolute must-have here is Hulk and Red King. But I really like how this turned out. May wind up getting the others anyway. 

Huh! Did not expect Ashley Barton. She is certainly an interesting spider-variant, and it takes the sting out of seeing another OML.
Sutur's flaming crotch is brilliant! I hope they're translucent when they get released.

Cool wave.

OML/Ashley: I'd say pass, but it's easier to buy a whole wave than just pick packs, so uh... Guess I could use a Civvie Logan.

Hulk/Red King: I like that Hulk. A lot! The Red King is... a good enough design, all things considered.

Thor/Surtur: Surtur looks cool, although a little bland. Then again, the comic book design is bland in the first place. Young Thor doesn't look half bad. You could mod him for Young Thor from the Aaron run. Then again, you'd still miss King Thor so there'd be no point in doing it. Eh, cool pack.

Ree-Ree/HYDRA!Cap: F@(^ Ree-Ree. And Bendis. And Marvel. F@(^ 'em all to Hell, Hel and wherever else... Ahem, HYDRA!Cap looks as good as expected and the HYDRA!Tat chest is a very welcome addition. 

Pretty cool wave. It could've been better with a different pack in place of OML/Ashley, and without the abomination that is Ree-Ree, but I like it. 

Edited by Kostisfire

25 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

I haven't read any of it, but I was kind of expecting Hydra Cap to be in the green outfit. *shrug*

Zach, now that we have Red King, is there a possibility for more Planet Hulk characters? Especially the Warbound? (Especially since there are already molds for Kronans & Brood, and would barely need minor alterations - maybe alternate parts even to not need to change the existing sculpt?)

AFAIK the green outfit is just a promotional/cover design. In the books I've seen he wears this design.

A Korg/No-Name/Green Scar/Silver Savage box set would be pretty great. Or you could make it a wave with a couple more Warbound (Hiroim & Skaar's mother?) and some Sakaaran soldiers.

Riri and Ashley are the characters I'm least interested in, but both of them are packed with major characters in modern looks with impressive alt. parts, so it balances out. 

I've done a total 180 on that Wolverine. I was absolutely not looking forward to getting yet another Old Man Logan but those contemporary parts are totally worth it. I can display casual Logan with or without a jacket and also use the jacket to fix the DOFP version. I'm probably going to swap some parts with the old Through the Ages Logan too.

I went from not wanting one at all to wanting two or three. Well done! :) 

3 minutes ago, bigvis497 said:

I've done a total 180 on that Wolverine. I was absolutely not looking forward to getting yet another Old Man Logan but those contemporary parts are totally worth it. I can display casual Logan with or without a jacket and also use the jacket to fix the DOFP version. I'm probably going to swap some parts with the old Through the Ages Logan too.

I went from not wanting one at all to wanting two or three. Well done! :) 

Meanwhile... even though I am buying the wave to support, I'm not interested in a single figure but instead am figuring out what parts I can use for other figures. Like Ashley's hair piece will look nice on my Quake custom. Beautiful figures, I just wish that I wanted them more. Well done!