UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

5 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Classic Mark II Abe should come first though, IMO.

Absolutely!!

8 minutes ago, Nessex said:

Abe Jenkins and Janice Lincoln would make really nice variants the army builder packs of a wave.

Unless this.  Which totally works too.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Cardiac-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-Wirtham

Indeed!

I've made my own stickers to make a Cardiac. The colors were matched to the original Bullseye. I've yet to print them out to make it. I'm too lazy for my own good! Actually, I'm not, but it sounds cooler to say I'm lazy than it is to tell the truth that I'm an adult and have to spend time doing adult things....fricking adult things! 

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

The Mark III was the one I was thinking of too. The one that got a Spider-Man Classics figure, right? I just always think of it as Leila Davis' since she wore it as a member of the Suicide Squad-esque Redeemers.

Abe's one of my favourite Marvel characters, so I'd take both of those designs, as well as the original Mark I with suction cup fingers. Plus Mach-I to X from his time on the T-Bolts.

I haven't gotten around to reading Superior Foes yet, but I'd definitely like a Janice Lincoln Beetle, especially if we got the rest of the "Six".

Classic Mark II Abe should come first though, IMO.

You Def need to read superior foes. It's great 

1 hour ago, Nessex said:

Abe Jenkins and Janice Lincoln would make really nice variants the army builder packs of a wave.

Hmmm...

Man-Spider/Tombstone

Shocker (w/Silvermane head)/Speed Demon

Abe Jenkins Beetle/

Janice Lincoln Beetle/

So who would our troop builder be? This could be a fun place for mix-and-match masked thugs. Or Inner Demons for Mr. Negative? 

33 minutes ago, Heinous said:

You Def need to read superior foes. It's great 

I would like to. I've heard mixed things about Nick Spencer's other work, but everything about Superior Foes has been positive. It's definitely more of a time/cost issue than an interest one.

That wave sounds good to me. I wouldn't be interested in Man-Spider or Tombstone, but I'd collect the Superior Foes, and anything that gets me an Abe Jenkins minimate is aces.

Replace Shocker/Speed Demon with Boomerang/Overdrive

Maybe as our army builder Spider-slayers

latest?cb=20140303034530

37 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

It would be a travesty to have spider slayers in a wave and no Smythe mate, sir. 

A travesty? No. Fandral and Hogun not getting minimates is a travesty. The paint apps on the Spider-Man Friends and Foes boxed set are a travesty. The eyes on the first Civil War Iron Man, that's a travesty. That would just be disappointing.

3 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I would like to. I've heard mixed things about Nick Spencer's other work, but everything about Superior Foes has been positive. It's definitely more of a time/cost issue than an interest one.

That wave sounds good to me. I wouldn't be interested in Man-Spider or Tombstone, but I'd collect the Superior Foes, and anything that gets me an Abe Jenkins minimate is aces.

The only mixed reaction I've ever heard regarding Spencer is for Captain America, which, fair enough, but he's one of the best writers in comics right now. Superior Foes is one of the best books Marvel has published this decade.

BTW, Overdrive is a super easy quick custom. Save that spot for the female Beetle.

17 minutes ago, hellpop said:

The only mixed reaction I've ever heard regarding Spencer is for Captain America, which, fair enough, but he's one of the best writers in comics right now. Superior Foes is one of the best books Marvel has published this decade.

BTW, Overdrive is a super easy quick custom. Save that spot for the female Beetle.

I've heard some negativity for his Astonishing Ant-Man, but not to the degree of his Captain America. Those are the only books of his I can think of right now, but I'm sure he has others.

Some people have said they'd like to see him on an Avengers book, which doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

If I were gonna get Slayers I'd want there to be a wave with like

Spidey

Tombstone 

Robbie Robertson

JJJ

Smythe

Scorpion

Spider Slayers

Smythe can be the variant, we could have one of Alistair Smythe and one of his father. 

And maybe the the TRU exclusive could be a mutated Smythe and a different version of the spider slayers. Robbie and Tombstone could be the LCS.

Hopefully we could get a camera accessory with Spidey and a cigar hand with JJJ and maybe a newspaper too with Robbie. 

Even if you ignore the animated styling on Speed Demon (which would be silly) it's still far from a perfect figure. A slip-on mask with a visor like Vindicator, changing the colors to a darker blue and gold instead of yellow, and getting the skin tone right would all be notable improvements. Some extra speed effects would put it over the top.

45 minutes ago, spidermatt said:

Any news on when the reveals will happen?

21 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Just that CBR has the lineup and it should go up sometime this week.

And Marvel.com has the next Walgreens wave... looks like everyone's waiting until tomorrow to post anything.

10 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Even if you ignore the animated styling on Speed Demon (which would be silly) it's still far from a perfect figure. A slip-on mask with a visor like Vindicator, changing the colors to a darker blue and gold instead of yellow, and getting the skin tone right would all be notable improvements. Some extra speed effects would put it over the top.

Given a choice between an improved Speed Demon and the 40 dozen other unmade characters I'd like mates of, which do you think I'm going to choose? Life's short, the lines not going to last forever, unless it's just poorly done I'm done niggling. Or I'm going to try to be done niggling... it's a goal... which I will probably fall short of by the next reveal... but it's a nice sentiment anyway.

8 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

Hmmm...

Man-Spider/Tombstone
Shocker (w/Silvermane head)/Speed Demon
Abe Jenkins Beetle/
Janice Lincoln Beetle/

So who would our troop builder be? This could be a fun place for mix-and-match masked thugs. Or Inner Demons for Mr. Negative? 

Perhaps these groovy spider hench-men? Spiderlings, they might be called? 
I have no idea who they are, and I'm sure they have zero ties to Man-Spider of Beetle stories, but they look kinda cool.
Image result for spider-man henchmen

Well, that's one way to reuse the Hydra soldier molds...

4 hours ago, Nessex said:

Perhaps these groovy spider hench-men? Spiderlings, they might be called? 
I have no idea who they are, and I'm sure they have zero ties to Man-Spider of Beetle stories, but they look kinda cool.
Image result for spider-man henchmen

Spider-Minions!  I've been waiting for someone to finally put this into an action figure form.  Would love to see them as army builders.

http://www.cbr.com/epic-battles-marvel-minimates/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

The winter-debuting pairs include Captain America and Ironheart, as seen in Marvel’s Secret Empire; Ages of Thunder Thor and Surtur from ’80s classic “The Surtur Saga”; Ashley “Spider-Girl” Barton and the elder Wolverine from Old Man Logan; and King Hulk and Red King from Planet Hulk.

Edited by JeffBohn