UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

Regarding the mystery Spidey Villain... I feel like Jackal is the biggest name on the list... but Prowler was kind of loosely adapted, almost, not really, sort-of, kind-of for Spider-Man Homecoming (in a blink and you'll miss it Easter Egg sort of way)... So that makes me feel like his chances might be slightly better at this particular moment in time.

This would undoubtedly be a situation where a comic book tie-in Prowler would be more preferable to a movie version as the movie version looked nothing like Prowler. (And things like that haven't been unheard of in the past for minimates. That's currently hotly rumored to be almost the same case for Surtur in several speculative threads, haha) Movie "Prowler" was more or less just a civilian.

Then again, could be someone else. Who knows? Just musing.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

CBR has Series 74 now, and is prepping a  story for this week, as far as I know.

Marvel.com has Walgreens 6 now.

Spidey villain is in TRU 24, which SHOULD be at SDCC. That display case at SDCC should be pretty magical. I just saw TRU 25, not sure it will make it there.

You mean Walgreens 5 right?

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

That's what I was thinking. I looked up marvel.com and minimates and the latest thing I saw was that. I got my hopes up for a sneak peak of the next wave lol

I think he means that marvel.com has Walgreens 6, they just haven't shown them. It's the same thing as CBR and 74.

God, I would love to see a Boomerang mini.  Preferably in his Thunderbolts/Superior Foes get up than the original, but I'll take whatever.

However, I feel like it's the the darkest of dark horses.  My money's on the mystery spider-villain being the Jackal and he's probably with either a new Scarlet Spider (which would be cool) or a 90s Kaine (Which would be rad, but as much a dark horse as Boomerang).

Can't wait for next week.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Cardiac-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-Wirtham

Indeed!

Shame he never caught on despite numerous attempts. 

So, my dream set would be Darkhawk and Cardiac or Nightwatch and Cardiac. Honestly, I'll take any of the great 90s rookies.  Slapstick, Nightwatch, Darkhawk, Sleepwalker or someone off of the New Warriors. I started reading comics in the late 80s or early 90s. I loved the comic book cards and the new characters were so much fun to read about. 

10 hours ago, DSTZach said:

CBR has Series 74 now, and is prepping a  story for this week, as far as I know.

Marvel.com has Walgreens 6 now.

Spidey villain is in TRU 24, which SHOULD be at SDCC. That display case at SDCC should be pretty magical. I just saw TRU 25, not sure it will make it there.

eeek i wish they'd hurry up and share!

Nightwatch... yeah... I don't think they've as much as mentioned their not-Spawn in a decade. But everybody has a fan. I like Thunderstrike, so I don't judge. (and I have the whole run of that book so... yeah)

A wave of 90's all stars would be fun.

I would very seriously eat up a 'Spider-Man and his Amazing (seldom appearing) Foes' box set!
 Throw in whatever crazy Spidey variant you like. I legit don't even care what it is, if it comes with Boomerang, Cardiac and Calypso. 

By 90's Beetle, do you mean the Leila Davis Redeemers version?

Abe Jenkins Beetle is my only real Spider-Man want that isn't a redo. I'd want to see what I think of as his classic costume, the one he wore in the 70s and 80s, as well as prior to becoming Mach-I of the Thunderbolts.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

By 90's Beetle, do you mean the Leila Davis Redeemers version?

Abe Jenkins Beetle is my only real Spider-Man want that isn't a redo. I'd want to see what I think of as his classic costume, the one he wore in the 70s and 80s, as well as prior to becoming Mach-I of the Thunderbolts.

Jenkin's second Beetle armor is the one everyone remembers best. And the one I'd most like a minimate of. That said, the Mark III Beetle Jenkin's designed and used in briefly of the T-Bolts was pretty darn cool. That's probably the two Mystery is talking about.

I will also say that while I initially objected to the idea of a female Beetle, I really enjoyed Superior Foes/Fred's Sinister not-Six as a book. And at this point, I'd like a Janice Lincoln Beetle too.

20 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Jenkin's second Beetle armor is the one everyone remembers best. And the one I'd most like a minimate of. That said, the Mark III Beetle Jenkin's designed and used in briefly of the T-Bolts was pretty darn cool. That's probably the two Mystery is talking about.

I will also say that while I initially objected to the idea of a female Beetle, I really enjoyed Superior Foes/Fred's Sinister not-Six as a book. And at this point, I'd like a Janice Lincoln Beetle too.

Yeah the female beetle was a fun character in that run. I'd take a mate of her. We would need a tombstone with her, though 

53 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

The Mark III was the one I was thinking of too. The one that got a Spider-Man Classics figure, right? I just always think of it as Leila Davis' since she wore it as a member of the Suicide Squad-esque Redeemers.

Abe's one of my favourite Marvel characters, so I'd take both of those designs, as well as the original Mark I with suction cup fingers. Plus Mach-I to X from his time on the T-Bolts.

I haven't gotten around to reading Superior Foes yet, but I'd definitely like a Janice Lincoln Beetle, especially if we got the rest of the "Six".

Classic Mark II Abe should come first though, IMO.