UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

Surtur's in 74 or one of the Ragnarok sets. Probably not in both. (but I could be wrong)  Considering how close the movie and comics designs are, he may be here because he they ran out of room in the Ragnarok.

Ulik the Rock Troll is our best guess as an alternate.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I'm not gonna lie... while I consider myself the biggest X-Men fan amongst my friends and peers, and a huge one overall... and while I love the idea of getting that whole card set as minimates on paper... in theory... once you broke down the list character by character... I admittedly saw a lot of yawners in there that made me re-think the idea, lol.

I'll take guys like Sauron, Shadow King, Strong Guy or Black Tom any day of the week. Lockheed, Fitzroy, Caliban, Maverick, Lilandra. There's a few good names in there to be sure, easily deserving of minimates.

But there's also a lot of lame characters who came and went in those 90s X-Men years that I never need to see again. And I realize that now that I see them on paper, lol. While I'd ultimately never say no to a new minimate... there are admittedly more modern X-Men characters I'd prefer to get WAAAAAAY before Mojo II, Siena Blaze, Hazard, Six Pack or the Mutant Liberation Front.

Controversial opinion, but I don't even have much use for the acolytes past Cortez and Exodus.

If I got 75% of the people on that list before Marrow or Pixie... I'd cry.

3 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

I would get such a toy boner for Acolyte Minimates

AMEN. Even if they just released one male form and one female form so that we could mix and match heads like the Strike Force set.  But right now my current obsession focused is on Marvel BOy/Vance Astro, Crystal & The Royals and 90's X-Factor.

Edited by thereasonsy

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

AMEN. Even if they just released one male form and one female form so that we could mix and match heads like the Strike Force set.  But right now my current obsession focused is on Marvel BOy/Vance Astro, Crystal & The Royals and 90's X-Factor.

What needs to happen at some point is a Male/Female groups wave... Hellions costume in male and female, Shiar male and female, Acolyte male and female. Throw in Gladiator and Lilandra or Juggernaut and Black Tom. I'd buy 4-5 packs of each just for the customs to be made from them.

13 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Again.. as long as everyone in these cards also gets a minimate

http://www.spiderfan.org/cards/1994_bagley/index.html

I'm totally on board for Cardian, Calypso, Beetle and Tombstone minimates! 

6 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

I'll take guys like Sauron, Shadow King, Strong Guy or Black Tom any day of the week. Lockheed, Fitzroy, Caliban, Maverick, Lilandra. There's a few good names in there to be sure, easily deserving of minimates.

But there's also a lot of lame characters who came and went in those 90s X-Men years that I never need to see again. And I realize that now that I see them on paper, lol. While I'd ultimately never say no to a new minimate... there are admittedly more modern X-Men characters I'd prefer to get WAAAAAAY before ...  the Mutant Liberation Front.

While they don't play the hugest part in the universe, I think MLF toys would look awesome! They'd be so toyetic. Bright colours. insane costume elements. wacky faces.  I would go bananas for MLF minimates. Plus - we'd have a decent number of villains for the X-Men to fight. 

1 hour ago, Nessex said:

And Puma, and Vermin, and Carrion, and Prowler, and Styx & Stone, and Molten Man, and Demogoblin, and Jackal, and Boomerang, and Silvermane, and Hammerhead...

3 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

What needs to happen at some point is a Male/Female groups wave... Hellions costume in male and female, Shiar male and female, Acolyte male and female. Throw in Gladiator and Lilandra or Juggernaut and Black Tom. I'd buy 4-5 packs of each just for the customs to be made from them.

A effing men. The amount of money I spent on Maria Hills in SHIELD uniforms is stupid. 

4 hours ago, Nessex said:

While they don't play the hugest part in the universe, I think MLF toys would look awesome! They'd be so toyetic. Bright colours. insane costume elements. wacky faces.  I would go bananas for MLF minimates. Plus - we'd have a decent number of villains for the X-Men to fight. 

Stryfe/Zero

Thumbelina/Forearm

Wildside/Reaper

Dragoness/Kamikaze

With a Reignfire/Locus/Tempo/Thornn 4-pack? 

5 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

22 hours ago, Mirymate said:

And Puma, and Vermin, and Carrion, and Prowler, and Styx & Stone, and Molten Man, and Demogoblin, and Jackal, and Boomerang, and Silvermane, and Hammerhead...

We're making one of those!

Woooooo, would this be for wave 75 or 76? Im hopin for Puma, Jackal or Hammerhead! Cuz im workin on a Carrion?

56 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Excellent!! :highfive2:

On 7/11/2017 at 4:19 PM, Mnemosis said:

Stryfe/Zero
Thumbelina/Forearm
Wildside/Reaper
Dragoness/Kamikaze

With a Reignfire/Locus/Tempo/Thornn 4-pack? 

I *might* need an MLF Moonstar in there somewhere - but this looks like a dream set to me. Even if it only ever appears in my dreams. 

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

*SQUEE* I can't pick which one I most want it to be. I've always loved the look of Demogoblin...but frankly, any of them would be cool to see as a minimate.

Edited by Nessex

41 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It probably would, but personally I think the Panthro head would be a better fit.

Depends on the Jackal. Classic? Clone Saga? Most Recent? 

1 hour ago, Mirymate said:

Depends on the Jackal. Classic? Clone Saga? Most Recent? 

I think classic would be most likely. The two more recent looks seem fairly shortlived, although the CC suit and mask is really nice.

I hope we're still going to see 74 this week. Even if the wave doesn't end up really appealing to me, it'll be interesting to see if (what seemed like) the general concensus on the lineup was at all accurate. 

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

13 hours ago, CortherX said:

are we still on track for a reveal this week? can we get a day?

CBR has Series 74 now, and is prepping a  story for this week, as far as I know.

Marvel.com has Walgreens 6 now.

Spidey villain is in TRU 24, which SHOULD be at SDCC. That display case at SDCC should be pretty magical. I just saw TRU 25, not sure it will make it there.