UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

It was funny and he eventually does join an Excalibur team BUT there are more appropriate characters for the era and it was "just an excuse to get him in"

excalibur.JPG
From Widget to Kylun to Micromax to Rachel in another outfit since so many didn't get Hound Rachel (maybe even in black or with a different hair piece) there were and are more appropriate figures for that 4 some.

Juggernaut really was a big win for that set though. I suspect that he would have helped move more of that set than a figure like Cerise or Kylun could ever hope to do.
Don't get me wrong. I desperately want a Micromax too.... but Xavier's well known 1/2 brother and long time adversary who has appeared in video games, multiple cartoons and a movie (sort of) was always going to be an easier sell than the most obscure characters from the X-Men's weird, British, fairy-filled spin-off.  

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you can skip a wave. :Dunno:

Personally anything Asgardian is very appealing.

39 minutes ago, Nessex said:

Juggernaut really was a big win for that set though. I suspect that he would have helped move more of that set than a figure like Cerise or Kylun could ever hope to do.
Don't get me wrong. I desperately want a Micromax too.... but Xavier's well known 1/2 brother and long time adversary who has appeared in video games, multiple cartoons and a movie (sort of) was always going to be an easier sell than the most obscure characters from the X-Men's weird, British, fairy-filled spin-off.  

Completely agreed but my point is that logic isn't necessarily logical when it comes to who makes what assortment or group. Therefore we could easily see an Agents of SHIELD named set that then has the comics versions of characters. 

We think so, Matt. They would be the two we're less sure about.

17 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Brood Wolverine is one of the best Minimates we've ever made. Hands down.

Say it louder for the people in the back, Zach!

I'm fairly stoked for a new Old Man Logan figure to drop. This wave has me very excited regardless.

I guess I'll buy Old Man Logan for the jacket (why would we forget?) but I'll almost certainly wait for it to be marked down. Not sure why a completely different look in a vaguely related movie would make this 'mate more appealing.

So, it seems like (most of!) the mystery of this wave has been solved and I'm certainly looking forward to it finally being revealed next week.  However, it just struck me as pretty amazing that we actually have a thread here with over 400 posts for a wave that we haven't even seen yet!  What then also struck me is how great it is that Zach has been providing us with all of the clues.  It's been a very long time since wave 73 was revealed (I'm actually not sure why such a big gap but I guess there must be a reason) but all of the speculation resulting from the clues has given us plenty of interest in the meantime, which is a great thing! :)

Now, I wonder who's in TRU 24...:D

On 7/6/2017 at 4:58 PM, thereasonsy said:

excalibur.JPG

From Widget to Kylun to Micromax to Rachel in another outfit since so many didn't get Hound Rachel (maybe even in black or with a different hair piece) there were and are more appropriate figures for that 4 some.

I basically want Minimates of every character/costume (that we don't already have) in that whole card set.

33 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

I basically want Minimates of every character/costume (that we don't already have) in that whole card set.

You and me both, good sir. 

On 7/8/2017 at 0:15 AM, Mnemosis said:

I LOVE the guessing games when Zach feed us clues.

Me too. It's a ton of fun and something that I don't think that any other company does quite like this. 

53 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

:buttrock:

2 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

See, now I'm curious what else remains unmade from that old Jim Lee cards set... not curious enough to dig it out of the back of the closet, but curious. But can we also include everyone from the Mark Bagely Spider-Man set too? (the Avengers only got card love in the general MU sets back in the day... sigh)

1 minute ago, CortherX said:

well since i have your approval. tho i am aware of my options.

Good, good. Yes. You absolutely have my non-binding permission to skip this wave. 

I ALSO want everyone from the Jim Lee cards which, coincidentally, are being celebrated as variant covers coming up.

90s X-Factor, the remaining Liefeld X-Force, Maverick, Masque, the Goblin Queen, Stryfe and the MLF, the Warwolves, and Sat-yr-9 all stand out.

2 hours ago, Mirymate said:

See, now I'm curious what else remains unmade from that old Jim Lee cards set... not curious enough to dig it out of the back of the closet, but curious. But can we also include everyone from the Mark Bagely Spider-Man set too? (the Avengers only got card love in the general MU sets back in the day... sigh)

*Pulls out folder full of priceless/worthless 90's x-men cards. Blows dust from binder and opens it up*
Ok - so, from the old Jim Lee card series in 1992 and 1993, the following characters are missing comic book minimates:

Arcade, Black Tom, Brian Braddock, Caliban (as Death), Calisto, Cerise, Deathbird, Fenris Twins, Fitzroy, Gatecrasher, Gideon, Hazard, Kylun, Lilandra, Lockheed, Masque, Maverick, Mojo II, Phantasia, Proteus, Roma, Sat-Yr-9, Saturnyne, Sauron, Shadow King, Shinobi, Shiva, Siena Blaze, Silver Fox, Strong Guy, Stryfe, Tolliver, Warwolves,Widget.

However, there are also some pretty distinctive costumes for certain characters we haven't gotten either:

Havok – X-Factor
Multiple Man – X-Factor
Phoenix – Rachel Summers
Polaris – Blue X-Factor and Red X-Factor
Sunspot - X-Force
Warpath - X-Force
Wolfsbane – X-Factor

And then there are all the characters who didn't get their own individual card, but appear on a 'team' card:

Acolytes - Fabian Cortez, Klein Brothers, Delgado  (plus Milan, Voght, Uniscione - all mentioned, not pictured)
Brotherhood – Thornn (Mentioned, not shown)
Dark Riders – Barrage, Foxbat, Gauntlet, Hardrive, Psynapse, Tusk
Excalibur – Micromax, Feron
Imperial Guard – Gladiator, Titan, Starbolt, Smasher, Tempest, Earthquake, Oracle
MLF –Thumbelina, Wildside, Reaper, Forearm, Zero, Kamikaze (plus Tempo, Strobe, Dragoness, Rusty, Skids, Samurai, Sumo - all mentioned, not pictured)
Nasty Boys – Gorgeous George, Hairbag, Rmrod, Ruckus, Slab
Six Pack – GW Bridge, Grizzly, Hammer, Weapon X (Kane)
Starjammers – Corsair, Hepzibah, Raza, Ch’od, Cr’reee (Pictured, not mentioned), Binary (plus Sikorsky - mentioned, not pictured)
Technet - Yap, Scatterbrain, Ringtoss, China doll, Waxworks, Ferro, Joyboy, Body Bag, Thug, Numbers (I have no idea who is shown and who isn't)
Upstarts – Graydon Creed
W.H.O - Dr Alistair Stuart, Alison Stuart 

I may have missed some - but that's mostly the gist of it.

Edited by Nessex

Again.. as long as everyone in these cards also gets a minimate

http://www.spiderfan.org/cards/1994_bagley/index.html

I'm game for all those X-Folk.

10 minutes ago, Chigarillo said:

So we are looking at this for 74?

Old man Logan / Ashley Barton Spidey

Red King / Hulk (planet or gladiator)

Surtur / some variation of Thor

Hydra Cap / Ironheart

But isn't Surtur getting released in ragnarok? I wish we could get Anya or someone else for the Spiderverser. Big 90s Kaine would be a nice dream that'll never happen. Or recent Ben jackal. 

If only Chuck could make this a set  

9ea7e1673cca9fde8ba9132fcdfd8fbdce41a2b4

Edit: also maybe it's just cause he's my favorite but I think classic Scarlet Spider Ben could use a redo. Minimates have come a long way since the FYE exclusive. I mean if they made red suit jackal Ben all they'd need is a different chest block and mask head for Scarlet Spider...

but alas I think Barton is probably right :/

Edited by The Scarlet Spider