UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

20 minutes ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Maybe . . . :devil:. In all seriousness, my point is I'd much rather see an updated costume for ANY OTHER current X-Man.

Fixed that for you. This is an updated costume for a current X-Man.

We've seen Laura's new black and gray costume, plus Jimmy Hudson just got introduced into the 616 (So why not these guys? Too recent?).

I'm fairly certain the grey costume is too recent to have been added here, and that would be the fourth X-23, so at this point you're being fairly arbitrary. If it lasts more than 10 issues, I'm sure we'll get to it. I didn't know who Jimmy Hudson even was until now, being a late-in-the-game Ultimate character, but now that he's in the 616, we can track his profile.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of X-Men Gold, there are a couple other X-Men Gold members I would love to see made in their new costumes; most notably Kitty Pryde and Prestige. . 

Three Kitty Prydes already, hopefully we can do a new one soon. Ask DST about all of this stuff! Chuck reads the requests. He reads here, too, but I don't know how closely.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

So... an apology Old Man Logan 'mate for all the griping people did over how lazy the Days of Future Past figure was?

I do not think anyone here remembers that there were complaints about the coat on DOFP Logan, even I have put it behind me.

But if we were to do it, we would do it right, and maybe even throw in some alternate-look parts, as I may have mentioned for I believe four of the figures in this set. You'll see pics next week!

9 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I didn't know who Jimmy Hudson even was until now, being a late-in-the-game Ultimate character, but now that he's in the 616, we can track his profile.

Can't stop, won't stop.

Much like 616 Wolverine, Ultimate Wolverine has the occasional previously unknown children popping up. Unlike most of 616's kids, 1610 knew about this one. The kid we know as James Hudson junior is the product of an affair between Logan and Magda Lensherr, yep Magneto's wife, Logan decided it would be best to get this kid far away from his "adventurous life" as Magneto's assassin. So he placed him with his old friends James and Heather Hudson to be raised with no knowledge of his heritage. So Logan dies, and of course Jimmy's powers manifest at puberty when they save his bacon in a botched street racing accident. Feeling unoriginal, Kitty arrives shortly thereafter to recruit Jimmy to the X-Men, and leaves with Jimmy a box of Logan's personal effects which includes a holographic message from Logan explaining to Jimmy where he came from. So the reluctant young mutant embarks on his journey to join the X-Men. He's a major player in the last of the Ultimate X stories, and eventually he and Jean Grey wind up on the Young Ultimates. Somehow, during the last Incursion of 616 vs 1610, Jimmie and a group of mutants literally fell off their Earth and landed on ours, and awoke after the Secret Wars III with no memory of their past lives. They are scooped up by Miss Sinister and become her New Marauders. They are currently clashing with the Time Displaced OG X-Men.
James has all his fathers powers with a few twists. His healing factor seems to need him conscious to work properly, and he can change his bone claws into an organic steel. He's been observed metalizing his teeth as well, so he may be able to do it skeleton wide. Apparently we were no ready for a female Wolverine, as Jimmy looks poised to take the mantel from his "sister". Assuming Logan doesn't get better soon. (Which looks really, really, REALLY likely)

Of note... there are currently two Quicksilvers running around, Pietro Maximoff who is neither Magento's kid nor a mutant but the subject of High Evolutionary experimentation to understand mutants, and Pietro Lensherr who is totally Magneto's son and totally a mutant and fell into the 616 with Jimmy. Oh Fox and Disney feud, what have you wrought?

Another OML... Yet no Gosh-Darn Moon Kn- No. No. I won't say that name. Noooooope. Noppity nop-nop. Nooooo. I'm good. I'm good, yeah, I'm good. Reeeeaaal good...

Kidding aside, this does blow. Between ANAD & Now!2 you'd think we'd at least get some new costumes for the A-Listers.

Eh, whatever, one pack I'll skip. If the rest are good, I won't mind too much...

Kostis! You're alive!

To be fair, this series is called "Greatest Stories," so... as far as Moon Knight goes... well... :D

All four packs are great. Four great new characters, three great new A-list looks, one great re-do.  If someone doesn't like a character, or thinks the look was unnecessary, I can't help that, but "good" is subjective.

Kostis, my friend... it's time to face the facts... Wolverine, even beat up wrinkly old Wolverine, is always going to sell better than Moon Knight. At the comics stand, in the toy aisle, everywhere. It might not be fair or just, but it is the truth.

Hey there's persistent rumors of a Netflix show for Moony, so there's that hope for you.

5 minutes ago, Mnemosis said:

I, for one, could not possibly care less about Old Man Logan. But that's me.

Me either. But I just can't pass up on an opportunity to show off my crazy sharp MS Paint skills.

When's Previews due out, Zach? I'm done playin', let's see 'em!

8 minutes ago, hellpop said:

So is this what we're talking about?

101c0007beeacb518c56

That'd be my guess, maybe with a white or tan shirt to further differenciate it from Secret Wars OML.

I don't think we really need a third one so quickly, but his current look is probably my most wanted of his designs. 

Most of the choices for this wave that I'm most confident in aren't ones that directly appeal to me (King Hulk, Red King, Ashley Barton, Surtur, etc.) but hopefully they'll turn out well enough to get me interested.

There's still the Brotherhood/X-Men box set, so it's not as if there are no upcoming Marvel comic minimates that cater to me.

51 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Kostis! You're alive!

Yeah, I've not been posting as much. I haven't bought anything in about 2 years, so I don't have anything to add. Not for a lack of wanting mind you, it's just that with everything that's going on I missed certain releases, and now it's very hard to catch up. Plus, things aren't exactly better. I hope I'll get the Logan and Watchmen... at some point...

To be fair, this series is called "Greatest Stories," so... as far as Moon Knight goes... well... :D

Yeah well, MK has... uh... tons of "he's so craaaazy" stories so take that! It's true that MK doesn't hav any "classic" stuff, but the Moench run was great, and "The Boottom" is considered one of the best re-introductions, with the 6 Ellis issuesbeing considered some of current Marvel's best material... Not that that's saying much considering the recent material, but... I just wish they hadn't retconned it for more "muh craaZyY" crapolla...

All four packs are great. Four great new characters, three great new A-list looks, one great re-do.  If someone doesn't like a character, or thinks the look was unnecessary, I can't help that, but "good" is subjective.

I'm excited for it, truth be told. Mostly for the Thor-related stuff. I was never big on Ol'Goldilocks, but I've started getting into him and I wouldn't mind more Asgard-stuff. Plus, I'm always down for Pure Super-Heroes like HYDRA!Cap (Hail HYDRA).

45 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Kostis, my friend... it's time to face the facts... Wolverine, even beat up wrinkly old Wolverine, is always going to sell better than Moon Knight. At the comics stand, in the toy aisle, everywhere. It might not be fair or just, but it is the truth.

Yeah, well, uh, the wheel keeps on turning! The day of the MOOOOON shall come... eventually...

45 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Hey there's persistent rumors of a Netflix show for Moony, so there's that hope for you.

They'll most likely announce it during this SDCC. Alonso has said they're going to give him a bigger role in the comics, he's getting a LEGACY renumbered new title, he'll appear in Bendis' Defenders comic, and he's a major character in the new Deadpool mini. Plus, a show about him would be dirt cheap to make and would win Marvel brownie points due to the "muh DiD" angle they've been pushing. Not that I'd like such a show, really. MK works best as a gruff paranormal investigator. Too much focus on his mental problems that were retconned down the line to make him more "unique" usually lead to less than stellar stories.

PS: Welcome back! I really missed your posts about the Secret History of Marvel and general Marvel Encyclopedia knowledge.

Still kinda hoping it's Ulik... ain't gonna lie.

If it's Surtur, I'm still cool with it... but am hoping for Ulik...cause I'm a sucker B-villains and Hench-villains. And usually, that's the role he plays.
The BoEM wave was one of my favorites, and I'm not an X-Men guy. Like at all.