UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

44 minutes ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

I thought it was also mentioned that the spider-verser was not from an alternate reality?? Can someone confirm or deny this?

Not that I saw. But Buff was keeping a closer eye on that than I on the early clues. Just that it wasn't any Peter Parkers. Which I suppose could be used to count out all of the literal clones, so some clarity would be helpful.

27 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

I'd love a Superior Octopus. Say what you will about the sub-par Slott tenure and his treatment of Otto, but the costume is great (in my eyes at least, since I love the color scheme). Problem is, it's too new.It was revealed earlier this year, so I doubt that's it. I'd love to be surprised though...

But it's simplicity my work in it's favor. And IF I RECALL CORRECTLY (why is absolutely entirely possible that I am not) they get a certain amount of advanced warning on some new designs. That said we might want to be looking less Secret Empire and more Civil War II for where these guys are being drawn from.

6 minutes ago, HellfireSamurai said:

Kaine seems doubtful just because they made a Scarlet Spider in the animated line that while it was Ben Reilly in the suit, it was Kaine's suit he was sporting complete with stingers.

My bet is on Anya Corazon or less likely Hobbie Brown (possibly in his Prowler uniform since i don't recall it being stated that the Spider-verser would be in a Spider themed costume)

Well... crap, probably ought to spoiler this just in case...

Spoiler

Kaine lost the Scarlet Spider ID entirely when Ben turned up not dead anymore. After being returned to normal from being transformed into the newest Tarantula, I really don't know what his current status is. Which works hard against him being made. 

Hence that's voting with my heart, not my head.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mirymate said:

But it's simplicity my work in it's favor. And IF I RECALL CORRECTLY (why is absolutely entirely possible that I am not) they get a certain amount of advanced warning on some new designs. That said we might want to be looking less Secret Empire and more Civil War II for where these guys are being drawn from.

Superior Octopus appeared in TASM #25, which was released in March, so dunno how early DST could've gotten the info. But like I said, I'd love it if that was the case. The costume looks cool, SUPERIOR!Ock is enjoyable, and it's much better than other Alt-Spideys with minimal differences.

latest?cb=20170630151950

As for CWII, dunno, there aren't really any memorable costumes. The whole thing was just... not worth talking about. Like most recent Marvel titles & events, but that's for another thread.

6 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Well... crap, probably ought to spoiler this just in case...

Reveal hidden contents

Kaine lost the Scarlet Spider ID entirely when Ben turned up not dead anymore. After being returned to normal from being transformed into the newest Tarantula, I really don't know what his current status is. Which works hard against him being made. 

Hence that's voting with my heart, not my head.

Spoiler

At this point, I don't think they've called Kaine anything else, so the Scarlet Spider moniker would still be accurate for now.  

4 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Superior Octopus appeared in TASM #25, which was released in March, so dunno how early DST could've gotten the info. But like I said, I'd love it if that was the case. The costume looks cool, SUPERIOR!Ock is enjoyable, and it's much better than other Alt-Spideys with minimal differences.

latest?cb=20170630151950

I completely agree.  I love this costume and with the role Superior Spidey played in Spider-Verse, this would be a great addition to the line. 

Edited by jjwspider

10 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Man... I wish the term "recent" or "modern" wasn't in any of the clues... Binary Ms. Marvel vs BoEM Rogue would be an AWESOME two pack. 

But alas, clues rule this one out... wish they didn't, but they do.

YAASSSSSS! I would LOOOOOVE a Brotherhood Rogue packed with a Translucent Binary figure. That would be a contender for 2-pack of the year if done correctly. 

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Spider-Verser is a never made character from an alternate reality. That includes their brain. So it excludes Superior Octopus. Was in a great story with a variant costume X-Man/Avenger. NOT Rogue.

That was the sound of my heart breaking.

Ok X-Vengers:

Namor

Beast

Firestar (Hellion and proper team)

Quicksilver (X-Factor)

Binary (stretch but honorary)

Captain Britain (Excalibur)

Wolverine

Storm

Havok

Cannonball

Sunspot

Rogue (ruled out in my tears)

Sunfire

Sabertooth (wow... this sentence happened)

Deadpool (see above)

Cable (no seriously?)

Dazzler (A-Force and thanks to Exiles been through multiple incarnations of reality)

Hey... I think we can take Otto and Rogue out of the running. Just guessing. Maybe. 

thereasonsy- The fact that Sabretooth was allowed on a modern Avengers roster of any squad is enough to question whether Cap lost his marbles long before any of this cube business. At least we knew he was compromised when Cap let Deadpool in. Sigh. Remember back when Hawkeye was so against killing he was willing to divorce his wife for letting the man who raped her fall? When the team almost fell apart over killing the Supreme Intelligence? (he got better) Yeah... good times...

Ashely Barton = strong candidate

20 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Man... I wish the term "recent" or "modern" wasn't in any of the clues... Binary Ms. Marvel vs BoEM Rogue would be an AWESOME two pack.

But alas, clues rule this one out... wish they didn't, but they do.

Miry, I almost ALWAYS wish the terms recent or modern weren't in clues!  :D

Nonetheless I'm stoked that we'll be getting a classic thor villain in this wave.  Unfortunately as I'm not reading much modern stuff atm I can't offer anything more on the spidey-verser/x-avenger guesses though.  I don't actually know who Ashley Barton is in fact?

Ashley Barton hails from the Old Man Logan timeline. She's the daughter of Hawkeye... and Peter Parker's youngest daughter Tonya. Let the creepiness of that sink in a minute. So Ashley apparently got her granddad's power, with no sense of responsibility. She got together a gang to try and overthrow the Kingpin in Hammer Falls and got herself captured. Clint rescues his kid while he and Logan were on that cross country road trip together. Ashley, in turn, kills the Kingpin and states she wasn't trying to overthrow him because he was the bad guy, she wanted to run Hammer Falls herself. This probably should have been hinted at with a code name like "Spider-B***h". Clint objects, so she orders her gang to kill him, Logan swoops in in a Spider-Mobile and Clint lives a little longer. Next time you see Ashley she's calling herself Spider-Girl/Woman (had to make her more family friendly after all), and is recruited by the Superior Spider-Man to his team to fight Morlun's family in the Spider-verse event. Shocking I know that Otto would choose another morally questionable Spider to work with.

Another new list:

King Hulk & Red King (modern Avenger variant & modern armored alien Hulk villain, Planet Hulk)

Allfather Thor & Surtur (modern Avenger variant & classic nearly naked Asgardian villain, Godbomb/Ragnarok)

Hydra!Cap & Ironheart (modern villainous-leaning Avenger variant & modern female Avenger legacy, Secret Empire)

Old Man Logan & Ashley Barton (modern Avenger/X-Man variant & modern villainous-leaning female Spider-Verser)

New versions of Marvel's six biggest characters, and two new villains.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

8 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Another new list:

King Hulk & Red King (modern Avenger variant & modern armored alien Hulk villain, Planet Hulk)

Allfather Thor & Surtur (modern Avenger variant & classic nearly naked Asgardian villain, Godbomb/Ragnarok)

Hydra!Cap & Ironheart (modern villainous-leaning Avenger variant & modern female Avenger legacy, Secret Empire)

Old Man Logan & Ashley Barton (modern Avenger/X-Man variant & modern villainous-leaning female Spider-Verser)

New versions of Marvel's six biggest characters, and two new villains.

If King Hulk is the same as World War Hulk, I'm liking this list as potentially accurate.

And also: I support a Binary / Classic Rogue 2-pack. EPIC.

Just now, elhonez said:

If King Hulk is the same as World War Hulk, I'm liking this list as potentially accurate.

And also: I support a Binary / Classic Rogue 2-pack. EPIC.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The one with the tiara and taller boots.

And Binary & Rogue would be stellar, although I'd also like to see an updated Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel eventually.

4 minutes ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

I think if DST knows what's good for them they will not be giving us a 5th iteration of Old Man Logan.

Personally, I think of the Logan TtA and TRU figures as the same, even though one of them has a coat and the other doesn't.

I do agree that DST would be kind of overdoing it on the OMLs, but I can't think of anything else that would fit, and we technically still don't have his current costume.

That does check all the boxes, Buff.

OB6- Apparently they have sales numbers that say different. I'm just thankful it wasn't DP.

46 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Ashley Barton hails from the Old Man Logan timeline. She's the daughter of Hawkeye... and Peter Parker's youngest daughter Tonya. Let the creepiness of that sink in a minute. So Ashley apparently got her granddad's power, with no sense of responsibility. She got together a gang to try and overthrow the Kingpin in Hammer Falls and got herself captured. Clint rescues his kid while he and Logan were on that cross country road trip together. Ashley, in turn, kills the Kingpin and states she wasn't trying to overthrow him because he was the bad guy, she wanted to run Hammer Falls herself. This probably should have been hinted at with a code name like "Spider-B***h". Clint objects, so she orders her gang to kill him, Logan swoops in in a Spider-Mobile and Clint lives a little longer. Next time you see Ashley she's calling herself Spider-Girl/Woman (had to make her more family friendly after all), and is recruited by the Superior Spider-Man to his team to fight Morlun's family in the Spider-verse event. Shocking I know that Otto would choose another morally questionable Spider to work with.

Thanks Miry, no sooner hinted than a full biog provided!  Very impressive!

And yes, I'm thinking Buffalo's latest guess is looking really likely, though I agree with those who don't feel the need for another OML.

7 minutes ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

I think if DST knows what's good for them they will not be giving us a 5th iteration of Old Man Logan. I like the character and story enough, but he really is not that special . . .

Are you threatening us? :D :batter:

I would also not say there have been four. One was an SDCC exclusive in 2009 -- 8 years ago (!) -- and it got a coatless re-issue at TRU that same year, which I would call the same figure, essentially, or at least a variant. It was SO OLD ("How old was it?") that it was arguably in need an update, which it got in the Secret War series -- same outfit! Then there was one in the blind-bag series with a second outfit from the original story. So that's two outfits.

Seeing as he's currently the 616's active (Logan) Wolverine, a member of X-Men Gold and on the 25th issue of his solo series, I think another would make sense, especially as it was pointed out that we haven't actually made his current 616 costume. It's a great story, and he's one of Marvel's A-list, so I think he's the special-est at what he does, and what he does is pretty special.

...Uh, just saying.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Are you threatening us? :D :batter:

I would also not say there have been four. One was an SDCC exclusive in 2009 -- 8 years ago (!) -- and it got a coatless re-issue at TRU that same year, which I would call the same figure, essentially, or at least a variant. It was SO OLD ("How old was it?") that it was arguably in need an update, which it got in the Secret War series -- same outfit! Then there was one in the blind-bag series with a second outfit from the original story. So that's two outfits.

Seeing as he's currently the 616's active (Logan) Wolverine, a member of X-Men Gold and on the 25th issue of his solo series, I think another would make sense, especially as it was pointed out that we haven't actually made his current 616 costume. It's a great story, and he's one of Marvel's A-list, so I think he's the special-est at what he does, and what he does is pretty special.

...Uh, just saying.

Maybe . . . :devil:. In all seriousness, my point is I'd much rather see an updated costume for a current X-Man (Or even a different Wolverine). We've seen Laura's new black and gray costume, plus Jimmy Hudson just got introduced into the 616 (So why not these guys? Too recent?). Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of X-Men Gold, there are a couple other X-Men Gold members I would love to see made in their new costumes; most notably Kitty Pryde and Prestige. Plus he only has two notable outfits (which we've received this past year). The only update I could imagine would be his short leather jacket with fur on the inside (or far less likely a version where he wears partial Iron Man armor to escape the White House).

I also specifically said 'iterations' because 3 of the previous we're based on almost the exact same outfit.