wave 74

Dave

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

2 out of 8, Buffalo.

THe classic Asgardian does not wear a helmet, or much of anything.

The relatively new alien wears a helmet, and armor.

Are any of them in TRU 24?

We know we're getting Ironheart, and Hydra!Cap seems pretty certain to me, but they might not be here. Earlier in the thread, it was said that some of the guesses were in TRU 24.

If Ironheart and Hydra!Cap are correct, though, then that means the other six on my list wouldn't be.

it's easy enough to fill the spots of the other two modern Avenger variants, but it seems weird to be getting an Asgardian villain without a Thor. Still, I can't think of any that would be relevant besides unworthy Odinson.

If the X-Man/Avenger isn't Rogue, there are others who have been both. Maybe modern Beast?

The Spider-Verser is hard in the same way as the Avenger variants, there are just so many options. Could the Spider-Verser be an AU version of a character we already have (besides Peter Parker/Spider-Man), or do they have to be completely unmade?

Ulik doesn't wear much, but Surtur wears even less, so I guess I'm changing my Asgardian guess again.

No idea who the fairly specific but unknown alien could be. It's definitely not Gorr, since he's just a guy in a big cape. It would help if we knew which Avenger this character is best known as an enemy of.

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Are any of them in TRU 24?

One of them is!

We know we're getting Ironheart, and Hydra!Cap seems pretty certain to me, but they might not be here. Earlier in the thread, it was said that some of the guesses were in TRU 24.

If Ironheart and Hydra!Cap are correct, though, then that means the other six on my list wouldn't be.

it's easy enough to fill the spots of the other two modern Avenger variants, but it seems weird to be getting an Asgardian villain without a Thor. Still, I can't think of any that would be relevant besides unworthy Odinson.

You will get a Thor, just not one you mentioned.

If the X-Man/Avenger isn't Rogue, there are others who have been both. Maybe modern Beast?

The Spider-Verser is hard in the same way as the Avenger variants, there are just so many options. Could the Spider-Verser be an AU version of a character we already have (besides Peter Parker/Spider-Man), or do they have to be completely unmade?

The spider-character has never been made. We've made a Brian Braddock.

Ulik doesn't wear much, but Surtur wears even less, so I guess I'm changing my Asgardian guess again.

No idea who the fairly specific but unknown alien could be. It's definitely not Gorr, since he's just a guy in a big cape. It would help if we knew which Avenger this character is best known as an enemy of.

Hulk.

Edited by DSTZach

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

You will get a Thor, just not one you mentioned.

The spider-character has member been made. We've made a Brian Braddock.

Hulk.

So it's a non-current, but still recent Thor. Allfather, maybe?

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm still not sure who it could be, but Anya Corazon, Ashley Barton, or Spider-Punk seem like strong contenders.

Alien villains and Hulk makes me think Planet Hulk, which is a fairly recent story arc. The main villain of Planet Hulk, the Red King, wore a suit of power armour...

Plus, Planet Hulk Hulk is an unmade modern Avenger variant.

Either Hydra!Cap or Ironheart could be the TRU 24 figure, but Unworthy Thor or Spider-UK would make sense too, so I'll stick to Steve and Riri as my guesses for the right answers.

Thor and Planet Hulk packs tie into Ragnarok, and there are versions of the four most recognisable Avengers.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

I am not about to go through this whole thread to pick up on all the clues, but I am putting all of my wee little hopes and dreams into thinking the Thor will be Frog-Thor, and the Spiderverse character will be Spider-Ham. This is the future I want.

48 minutes ago, hellpop said:

I am putting all of my wee little hopes and dreams into thinking the Thor will be Frog-Thor, and the Spiderverse character will be Spider-Ham. This is the future I want.

I'll gladly support that future,

Frog Thor would be cool though isn't it supposed to be a "modern" variant of the avengers in this wave?

In general it feels like we are getting closer to the line-up, especially on the villains now.  I don't know the red king but I looked him up and he would look great as a minimate I'm sure.

It sounds like it may be easier to guess this wave if we know who's in TRU 24.  Do we have any sense of when that may be revealed Zach (ie before or after this wave?) or indeed walgreens 6 for that matter?  Thanks as ever for your clues!

The problem with Throg being the Thor is that he wouldn't be a modern variant, since Thor was turned into a frog back in the 80's.

Spider-Ham was my first guess for the Spider-Verser, but he's also not modern, and he's an AU Peter Parker.

The only Thor variants that I can come up with that would make sense are "Lord of Asgard" Thor or Allfather Thor:

Image result for lord of asgard thorImage result for allfather thor

Unless... could it be Ragnarok/Clor? He's probably more prominent than those two, and he certainly has villainous leanings. Would he count as a Thor?

If it isn't Spider-UK, Anya Corazon would seem to me to be the best choice for the Spider-Verser, and the Avenger/X-Man not being Rogue would free up another female character.

Cable was recently an Uncanny Avenger, and he has his own solo series right now. Modern Cable would makes sense to me as the Avenger/X-Man, even if we did get his Messiah CompleX look recently.

So, new new list:

Modern Avenger variants: Hydra!Cap, Planet Hulk/Green Scar/Gladiator Hulk, Ragnarok Thor (if he counts, otherwise one of the two costumes pictured)

Modern Avenger legacy: Ironheart

Modern Avenger/X-Man variant: current solo Cable

Spider-Verser/Web-Warrior: Anya Corazon Spider-Girl

Classic unmade Asgardian villain: Surtur

Modern unmade alien Hulk villain:  armoured Red King

Muppets Robin is a little rough, but there are good pack in figures, and he'd be much better as one of those than a full minimate. It still wouldn't be in scale (he's 5" tall), but he's supposed to be a frog, not some kind of giant mutant or human hybrid.

Dargo Ktor wouldn't because, like Throg, he's classic instead of modern.

I'm pretty confident in my guesses, although that's how I felt about the last list, too.

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Muppets Robin is a little rough, but there are good pack in figures, and he'd be much better as one of those than a full minimate. It still wouldn't be in scale (he's 5" tall), but he's supposed to be a frog, not some kind of giant mutant or human hybrid.

Dargo Ktor wouldn't because, like Throg, he's classic instead of modern.

I'm pretty confident in my guesses, although that's how I felt about the last list, too.

You may be the only person ever to refer to Dargo Ktor as 'classic'. :lol: