UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't the modern, Story-Specific villain be cosmic? Or has that one been locked down?

I am lost with all the different guesses and clues.

15 hours ago, stegron01 said:

Yeah this is getting pretty confusing!  I'm really hoping the classic villain is the thor one and skurge seems a great bet but doesn't he wear some armour?  I've never seen him wear a helmet though.  And I have absolutely no idea of anyone who's cosmic, armoured and modern right now either.

I believe he wore one in his first appearance

Sounds like the other villain is "modern," so if Skurge is coming (and he'd make sense, behing Tango to Enchantress' Cash), that means it's some cosmic dude I'm likely unfamiliar with. Marvel Legends just did Ex Nihilo... ?

Edited by elhonez

Ex Niilo is... complicated. He's not really a "villain" per-se, just a cosmic entity far above us. His goals were nothing "evil" just... kinda messed up. But yeah, he was an Avenger. Honestly, Hickman's Avengers was a pretty weak book, because he kept adding stuff to the saga and the build up to SW, and didn't really have time to flesh out the characters, so they were all pretty unexplored. I'd take an Ex-Nihilo figure though, his design was damn cool.

So, the most recent clues are that the Asgardian villain is classic (and it's not Hela or the Executioner) and the cosmic villain is recent. 

I really hope the Asgardian villain is Ulik. Man, with movie Hela and the Executioner and then a comic Ulik, it would check off a lot of my wants pretty quickly.

My new guess list:

Modern Avenger variant #1: Hydra!Cap (storyline specific, hero with villainous leanings, hinted at)

Modern Avenger variant #2: young or unworthy Thor (storyline specific)

Modern Avenger variant #3: Uncanny Avengers vol. 2/ANAD Vision (this one's more of a wish than a genuine guess, but he would complete the ANAD Avengers and add to the current team)

Modern Avenger legacy: Ironheart (female, confirmed)

Modern Avenger/X-Man variant: Uncanny Avengers (any) or X-Men Legacy Rogue (female, hero with villainous leanings)

Spider-Verser/Web-Warrior: Spider-UK (does he count as unmade since he's Brian Braddock?)

Classic unmade Asgardian villain: Ulik (best known for fighting Thor)

Modern unmade alien villain: Gorr, the God Butcher (best known for fighting Thor)

Although, neither of those villains would be armoured... I'm more confident in Ulik than Gorr, but I'm not familiar enough with recent alien characters to come up with anything else.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean