UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

Could the Legacy Avenger be Jarvis? I know he has no powers, but he's been with them for a long time.  Or could it possibly be Hawkeye dressed as Goliath? 

Im hopin the unmade X-Man costume variation is first appearance Rouge. In her green suit where she battles the avengers.

For the spiderverse character id like to see Old Man Spider or Assassin Spiderman, also Madam Web would be a cool mate to get. Could Medusa be one of the female heroes with villianous leanings?

i totally forgot about Spider-Punk! He'd be a great spiderverse mate!

Edited by spidermatt

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know shat to think for the new Avengers costumes (storyline specific?), but here are my guesses for the others:

Ironheart (legacy Avenger, female hero)

X-Face Cyclops (X-Man variation, hero with villainous tendencies)

Spider-Ham (Spider-Verser)

Mantis (Alien, female hero)

Executioner (Asgardian, villain)

Although that is missing a villain...

Does HYDRACap count as storyline specific?

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

"Legacy" means the second or third incarnation of a hero. As in the upcoming Marvel event. So not Jarvis, Starfox or Hawkeye as Goliath, although I guess I could see how that last one could kind of count, although not really. It's a modern character.

The Spider-Verser is not 616 Peter Parker in a new costume. Nor is it a Peter Parker from another dimension.

Edited by DSTZach

48 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Could we be getting a comic Hela so soon after the movie version? Might as well leverage that tooling before it gets lost.

I would love that. Grandmaster could be the other cosmic character with more alien origin. 

I think the legacy Avenger could be Kate Bishop...

I was hoping for that UK Spider-Man... maybe we could get Silk again after those blind bags :(

4 minutes ago, stegron01 said:

Interesting clues, as ever very hard to work out.  I don't know how much you want to say Zach but do you count characters as "new" if they have been made as movie ones?  Also would you count actual asgardians as "cosmic"?  Thanks.

Some Asgardian characters can be seen as having more Cosmic ties. Loki, for one. They are also gods and in the MU gods are usually seen as cosmic entities. Look at the Elders of the Universe.

14 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Three Avengers (unmade costume variations, mostly storyline specific)

One legacy Avenger (unmade)

One X-Man (unmade costume variation)

One Spider-verser (unmade)

Two unmade cosmic characters. One is an alien, one from Asgardian mythos.

Two villains. Two women. Two heroes with villainous leanings.

Ok these overlapping clues are maddening! Way to go Zach.

1.     Ironheart (Avenger, Legacy, Female)

2.     Hydra Cap (Avenger, Villain Leaning)

3.     BEM Rogue (Avenger, X-Men Costume, Female)

4.     Fandral (Cosmic Asgardarian)

5.     Morlun (Spider-verser never made, Villain)

6.     Korvac (Cosmic, Villain)

Ahh I give up.

12 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Three Avengers (unmade costume variations, mostly storyline specific)

One legacy Avenger (unmade)

One X-Man (unmade costume variation)

One Spider-verser (unmade)

Two unmade cosmic characters. One is an alien, one from Asgardian mythos.

Two villains. Two women. Two heroes with villainous leanings.

This is a tough batch to guess.

Zach has already ruled out Iron Doom and confirmed that Riri is getting made.

My guesses so far:

- Secret Empire Captain America (Avenger with unmade costume variation #1, Hero with villainous leanings #1)

- Unworthy Odinson (Avenger with unmade costume variation #2)

- ? (Avenger with unmade costume variation #3)

- Ironheart (Legacy Avenger, Woman #1)

- ? (X-Man with unmade costume variation)

- ? (unmade Spider-verser, not 616 Peter Parker in a new costume. Nor is it a Peter Parker from another dimension)

- ? (Cosmic - Alien)

- Hela (Cosmic - Asgardian, Villain #2, Woman #2)

i would just call Morlun a Spider-Foe, not a Spider-Verser. A Spider-Verser I consider any Spider-totem hero/anti-hero.

And I guess I consider all Asgardians, and beings from the other eight worlds off of Yggdrasil besides Midgard/Earth, to be cosmic. But I do not know if the character is from Asgard proper or another world in the Worldtree's branches.

And when I say "unmade," I mean no movie version.

Edited by DSTZach

If they count as storyline specific, I'd also add Hydra Cap (hero with villainous leanings) and Unworthy Odinson. Not sure about a third that could be seen as storyline specific.

I'm sticking to Ironheart (she's confirmed and this as good a place as any), NOW! Cyke (goes with Magneto, important in IvX), and Executioner (goes with Enchantress, appearing in Ragnarok).

I guess Spider-Ham/Peter Porker is out of the running for being an AU Parker, and Mantis has a movie version. Plus, both cosmic characters, the Asgardian and the alien, would seem to be villains, since there are two of them and every other figure is confirmed to be a member of a heroic team. I don't really know who the alien villain would be. Maybe one of the Black Order?

Executioner is seeming really likely to me. It's an Asgardian villain, but it isn't Hela. His profile will be raised by Ragnarok, but he could easily not get a movie figure. And Zach isn't sure where's from, because the Marvel wiki doesn't seem to be sure either.

For the Spider-Verser, if it isn't Spider-Ham, all I can think of is Anya Corazon or Ashley Barton, and that's only because they got ML figures.

15 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Has Kate Bishop been an official main team Avenger? I know she was a Young Avenger but does that count for the "adult" team? I'm all for a Kate Bishop 'mate regardless.

I don't think she has been. Neither has Ironheart, my guess for the legacy Avenger, but I think being named after Iron Man is close enough.

A Kate Bishop minimate would be fantastic, and my ideal choice for the legacy slot in this wave, but I'm 90% sure it's Ironheart. It just seems like a weird coincidence if Zach accidentally mentioned her shortly before announcing an unmade legacy Avenger for an upcoming wave and they aren't same. I just hope she won't be packed with anything I want, because I'm not very interested in her character or design.

6 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

One of my cosmic characters guesses is the High Evolutionary.

Oh damn - i would love a High Evolutionary minimate. I know next to nothing about him, but he'd look so cool as a figure.

52 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Has Kate Bishop been an official main team Avenger? I know she was a Young Avenger but does that count for the "adult" team? I'm all for a Kate Bishop 'mate regardless.

I can't speak to this with any authority, but I'd really love to see some of the YA crew made. 

Hmm. Intriguing.

Hela seems a good guess: she's female, a villain, and a cosmic asgardian all at once.

Alien could be Grandmaster, classic Adam Warlock, Uatu, Collector.

Legacy Avenger could be Jocasta, Starfox, Dr. Druid, Moondragon, Hellcat, Mockingbird, Mantis. Or Swordsman (who'd also be villainous-leaning) 

elhonez you had the same idea for "legacy" that, ie classic, but we misunderstood. it's more like how BuckyCap and FalCap. would Infamous Ironman be off the table since it's Doom aka Fox movie rights?

i'd say most likely choices are ironheart (meh), totally awesome hulk or the new wasp (but i'd rather an updated Janet Wasp)