UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 74

Dave

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK, we know absolutely nothing about this wave. 75 is supposed to be inspired by early Marvel waves, but this wave's a mystery. There have been some Secret Empire/current Marvel (Ironheart, kind of HydraCap) or street level (Bullseye) hints that would fit here, but I can't think of anything concrete.

I just want a comic Guardians Wave. Or a Supernatural one. Anything other than Avengers or X-Men (well, I'd take an "All-Stat Modern X-Verse" Wave with the rest of the Bondage-Men, Legacy Rogue, Modern Storm, Cat-Beast, Modern Mystique & Trenchcoat Rachel)... I mean, we have 2 MCU GotG waves and not a single comic book version? Hell, we have Angela, Godkiller IM & Space Venom, plus Captain Carol, but not the rest of the ANAD GotG. It's just... weird...

Edited by Kostisfire

I think the weirdest thing is that after the 17th of this month we will have no new announced marvel waves, comic or otherwise, apart from walgreens wave 5.  Don't know when the last time that happened was but I feel a drought coming on.  Let's hope something is announced soon!

I'm gonna agree with the GOTG. I just want some love for the Cosmic areas. Comic versions of the Guardians (both generations), Starfox, Nebula, Beyonder, Grandmaster, Death, Eternity, Collector, Gardner, Champion, Mantis, Badoon army builder, Different colored Kree, Warlock and Magus. So many amazing figures to be made. 

I can also see a nice Supernatural wave like Kostis suggested.

ANAD Doctor Strange / Baron Mordo

Johnny Blaze Updated / Blackheart

Docor Voodoo / Mindless One

Classic Brother Voodoo / Mindless One

Edited by NerdyTrev

A GotG Wave, or at least a cosmic one is just long overdue. Now that Doctor Strange is no longer a D-Lister and actually one of Marvel's highest selling books (not that it's a good book, mind you), I think a Supernatural Wave can happen. Hell, if you're willing to make a Wave with Tigra and 2 Blizzards, I think Ghost Rider & Blade won't have any trouble being included.

GotG (DnA):

LCS:

2008 Star-Lord/ Martyr (Phylla-Vell)

2008 Gamora/ Nova (Richard) Update (with static Cosmo)

2008 Drax/ Moondragon

2008 Rocket/ 2008 Groot 

TRU:

2008 Warlock (with Magus head)/2008 Jack Flag 

2008 Mantis/ 2008 Bug

Supernatural:

LCS:

Doctor Strange (Black & Red)/ Clea

Ghost Rider (pieces for both 90s Ketch and Modern Blaze)/ Doctor Voodoo

Nightmare/ Mindless One

Umar/ Mindless One

TRU:

Doctor Doom (Update)/ Morgan Le Fay

Blade (Updated/Trenchcoat)/ Mephisto (Updated)

Maybe DST will get around to the GotG sometime, which I'd love, but I don't think it's going to be 74. And given what TRU packs have looked like lately there's a 0% chance they're going to carry something like Bug/Mantis.

19 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Maybe DST will get around to the GotG sometime, which I'd love, but I don't think it's going to be 74. And given what TRU packs have looked like lately there's a 0% chance they're going to carry something like Bug/Mantis.

Yeah, that's all true. With GotG being 71, there's very little chance of 74 being GotG again. I'd just like something other than 60s-70s tights for the comic waves. 

2008 GotG and 90's X-Factor are at the top of my want list.  It may not be likely, but I wish that DST would strike while the iron is hot as far as the Guardians go.  Kost I'm list is pretty perfect.  

If/when we eventually get comic GotG, I'd say it's more likely to be Bendis (or current, whatever) than DnA. I'd personally prefer the blue team look, but it's no big difference to me. Truth be told, I'm not very invested in them as characters. I would like to get them to display the team, though. Personally, I'm more of a 60s-70s tights Avengers and X-Men fan, so my only real Cosmic wants are Mantis, Quasar, and the Shi'ar.

I would agree that it's too close to the movie for this to be the GotG, but if we get MvC I minimates we'd get comic-style Star-Lord, Rocket, and Groot.

A Supernatural wave would be great, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea at TRU, since they're apparently still drowning in movie Doctor Strange.

PAD X-Factor would be fantastic.

Overall, I'm thinking this wave will be another current Marvel wave. If so, my main want is Vision, but I wouldn't say no to the rest of Waid's adjectiveless Avengers, Kate Bishop, Spectrum or Blue Marvel.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Oh wow. That's surprising. Is there any theme at all?

For the Spiderverser, I'm guessing Spider-Ham. He's fairly prominent, and he's the only main Web Warrior missing from the animated line.

The cosmic character is tougher, since there are so many more of them, but I'm personally hoping DST takes advantage of her appearance in GotG vol. 2 and makes classic Mantis.

It's always exciting to get clues about upcoming lineups. The "mixed bag" makes me think this could be where maybe-Bullseye and Ironheart ("new characters/looks) end up. Can't wait to learn more.

11 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

I'm gonna agree with the GOTG. I just want some love for the Cosmic areas. Comic versions of the Guardians (both generations), Starfox, Nebula, Beyonder, Grandmaster, Death, Eternity, Collector, Gardner, Champion, Mantis, Badoon army builder, Different colored Kree, Warlock and Magus. So many amazing figures to be made. 

I can also see a nice Supernatural wave like Kostis suggested.

ANAD Doctor Strange / Baron Mordo

Johnny Blaze Updated / Blackheart

Docor Voodoo / Mindless One

Classic Brother Voodoo / Mindless One

BLACKHEART. 

They never did make that f**ker did they? 

Yeah he's about due, after we get Toad. 

22 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

BLACKHEART. 

They never did make that f**ker did they? 

Yeah he's about due, after we get Toad. 

Blackheart is one of my biggest wats at the moment. Partly due to my recent playing of MvC2 and partly because of his sheer badassery. 

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

There's a classic cosmic character in 74. I forget the line-up right now, but it's got some new characters/looks and some classic ones. A mixed bag. One Spider-verser we've never made.

Medusa or Moon dragon?

Alright, considering this is a mixed bag and features even a cosmic character, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not that street level wave. What with Bullseye teased and this:

Kostis F.
Hey there! As we all know, the Netflix Marvel Shows are in full swing, and recently, Marvel’s EiC Axel Alonso said that going into 2017, the street level characters (Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, Misty Knight, etc.) will get more focus than ever. So, with Defenders and Iron Fist (plus maybe Punisher) also hitting in 2017, I was wondering what are the chances of you doing a “Marvel Knights” wave. I was thinking something like this:

LCS:

ANAD Daredevil/ NOW! 2.0 Bullseye

ANAD Misty Knight (as she appears in the Sam Wilson book)/ Ghost Rider (Reyes)

ANAD Luke Cage/ ANAD Iron Fist (Power Man & IronFist Outfits)

Armored/Balaclava Punisher (w/th extra t-shirt parts)/ Mr. Knight (w/th extra Khonshu head)

TRU:

Ghost Rider (Blaze & Ketch Parts)/ NOW! 2.0 Elektra

Thanks for reading!

DSTChuck: We have been talking about a wave like this of late, so I think something like it could be very possible in the future.

Now, I don't think it makes much sense to just put random figures together, as that hasn't happened since... what, Wave 50? Maaaaybe 64? Either way, point is, all Waves for a long time have had a theme, so I don't think it's gonna be different for 74. Problem is, what could bring together a new classic cosmic character, new chararacters/looks and some classic ones, plus a never made Spider-Verser? I tried to think of a recent event, but nothing fits. From the remaining Versers who are completely new characters (so no Reillys or Drews), there's nobody that really fits anywhere. So I guess it's gonna be a random wave. Until at least we get more info.

18 hours ago, DSTZach said:

There's a classic cosmic character in 74. I forget the line-up right now, but it's got some new characters/looks and some classic ones. A mixed bag. One Spider-verser we've never made.

Hmmmm, Classic Cosmic Character. I'd like to say Quasar (Wendell Vaughn). Or the Watcher or the Stranger. Or since Thor will be out later this year, the Collector.

As for Spiderverse i'd be hopin for Madam Web. As for the others... im excited to find out. If theres an Iron Man in the set i'd like it to be Hydro Suit Iron Man

40 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I don't think there is an applicable theme. It's why I said mixed bag. Not a street-level theme, although there are some in 24 and 75.

Can you give any hints about the other characters in the wave?

The last time there was no theme at all in an LCS wave was wave 41, almost six years ago...

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

Three Avengers (unmade costume variations, mostly storyline specific)

One legacy Avenger (unmade)

One X-Man (unmade costume variation)

One Spider-verser (unmade)

Two unmade cosmic characters. One is an alien, one from Asgardian mythos.

Two villains. Two women. Two heroes with villainous leanings.

So we are getting 4 avengers, one of which is new. is it possible the Legacy Avengers/Cosmic alien is Starfox? would be so obscure but who knows.

X-Face Cyclops for X-Men costume variant slash heroes with villains leanings? i'd actually say this could be any of the Marvel Now Uncanny X-Men.

I don't know enough about the asgard or cosmic side of things two make a strong guess, but maybe whoever Jeff Goldblum is playing in Thor?