UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ABCs Inhumans

Exactly how the Accords worked was clearly vague. It only calls out the active Avengers in the page we see, no mention of Banner or Thor. Then Scott gets arrested for violating them. Or so it's implied.
Spider-Man shows up on Team Tony, but there's no direct evidence that he or T'Challa signed them. Nor is there any evidence they didn't.
On AoS, Coulson and Talbot discuss whether Creel or Daisy need to sign them as both are working for the government at the time. (Nothing came of the conversation, Hydra plots soon killed Talbot, but they needed to name drop the Accords so they still looked connected to Civil War)

Given Thunderbolt Ross is in charge of enforcement (which, is a really weird thing for a Secretary of State to be in charge of when you think about it), I'd say its being interpreted in the harshest way possible. I mean, Ross now has a new reason to go after Banner when he turns back up.

All I'm saying is they do a lot of talking about connection between the three branches, but that's mostly at the producer and above level. But their not showing it on the screen. Until then, its all just talk.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Yes, all the shows would definitely be improved by including more boring connective tissue to absolutely prove they're connected. That would be totally worthwhile.

It's the type of thing that doesn't need to take up any screen time. It could be a newspaper headline or a scroll on a news monitor. This stuff has to be created from scratch anyway. A talking head in the background could just as easily refer to the Devil of Hell's Kitchen as some random mugging. I'm talking Easter egg material although I'd be thrilled with Marvel One-Shots that go into slightly more depth.

@stack32- Yes. yes they would. Doesn't need to take time. A line drop here and there. A passing nod, some small acknowledgement. That's all it would take. ESPECIALLY if Infinity War takes place in New York at all.  A verbal run down by some NYC cop in a Netflix show talking about the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, Cage in Harlem, a Spider in Queens, and Brooklyn getting no love. No,  it doesn't have to be the crazy level interconnectivity between the movies, or between the Netflix shows (AoS has no one to play with), but some acknowledgement, however small that the other branch exists would be nice.

42 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

The one connection I want the absolute most (apart from some Agents in a movie or two), is Spidey in Daredevil. 

One episode. Classic team up (maybe against Kingpin).

Wouldn't have to be Tom in the suit. Voiceover work is extremely easy for even the busiest actor.

Or make him a recurring character. A few episodes here and there. I think Holland NEEDS more screen time. He's my favorite Spidey and I want to see him in costume/as Pete as much as possible while possible. 

45 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I think Holland – or his agent – would insist on him wearing the suit. Seeing his Spidey with Daredevil would be great. I wouldn't mind a Doctor Strange cameo either.

Well yeah of course he'd suit up I just meant I wouldn't mind seeing more of spidey's normal life too. You think they'd insist he'd be suited up100% of the time?

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Well yeah of course he'd suit up I just meant I wouldn't mind seeing more of spidey's normal life too. You think they'd insist he'd be suited up100% of the time?

Nah what he's referring to is the idea that they have Spider-Man suited up on set with, say, a stuntman but Holland does the voice. But Holland's agent or Holland himself would want Tom himself in the suit instead of just doing voice work. 

I don't see them having a "major movie star slumming it with a subscription TV service," which is why my idea of stuntman/voiceover would make the most fiscal/schedule sense.

I guarantee cost & availability is why the biggest cameo we've gotten in AoS has been Jackson (sorry Smulders/Alexander).

35 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Perlmutter can't afford Tom. Actually he can he just won't. The guy's notoriously cheap.

Which is apparently why Inhumans is bad. Apparently. Still haven't seen it.

According to legend, Perlmutter would have recast the movies, especially RDJ, because after Avengers they started asking for too much money in his opinion. 

Ike likes his profit margins high. I get it. All the more reason to hire talented unknowns and sign them for multi-picture deals.

But you also need to appreciate the performers you nurtured. When a guy like Downey gets too expensive, you put Cheadle in the crimson and gold suit and introduce Riri ASAP.

9 hours ago, MisterPL said:

But you also need to appreciate the performers you nurtured. When a guy like Downey gets too expensive, you put Cheadle in the crimson and gold suit and introduce Riri ASAP.

I'm probably in the minority, but I just can't get into Cheadle as WM. Terrence Howard seemed much more suited to the role. It's a shame he didn't come back, because I would have very happily watched a TH War Machine  solo spin-off, or even been happy with him as IM. Cheadle just seems... kind of... out of his element. 

Sorry - took that a bit off-thread there.