UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help with GI Joe ARAH?

Hey folks, you guys know I am into a lot of stuff, but occasionally I run into unfamiliar territory.  I trooped with the 501st at a toy collectors show last Saturday and my 5 year old bought went and bought a GI Joe W.H.A.L.E Hovercraft. $6!! Most of it is there, but a couple of weapons are missing.  I have somewhat identified what is missing, but am wondering if anyone can advise the best way of replacing these missing parts.  Even repro stuff would be fine with him.  Appreciate the help.  I had ARAH stuff as a kid, but have never really gotten back into it.

Yeah, what Matt said. Start out at the info sites and you should be able to see what you're missing. Dallas Vintage Toys has several WHALE parts for a good price, (they have 12 or so different pieces around 3/4 of the way down on the 1st page)

http://www.dallasvintagetoys.com/vehicleparts.aspx

And ebay has a ton scattered all over the place on price/shipping. But if you can find several from the same seller, then shipping on stuff that light shouldn't be bad to combine.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=gi+joe+whale+parts&_sacat=0

Kudos to your son for picking out such a cool freaking toy! I didn't really have any of the "big" vehicles from the Joe line when I was a kid, but I did get the WHALE. It was my favorite vehicle then and still is today. The depth charges and little motorcycle thing and the awesome rotating gun turrets... ah, memories.

I never had anything big from the ARAH stuff either.  This WHALE is quite cool but is missing a lot.  Most of it he does not want to replace, just the guns mainly.  I appreciate everyone's help.

I'm so far out of Joe that I don't know who the big dealers are anymore either!  Guru Planet and SmallJoes are the only ones that seem to be still around from my time at YoJoe, but neither really deal in parts on their website.  I can ask around, still have some friends that are still into it.

• 2 weeks later...