Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

I found the TRU sets today in Seattle,

are the mates in them identical to the 4 pack ones?

they sure look it, so you can buy the 4 pack for $23 or two 2 packs for $15 and get the same 4 mates?

I have yet to purchase the TRU packs, only the boxset.  While the Maitlands clearly have their stretch-faced heads, I can't tell if the striped Beetlejuice has his carnival gear.

I found these in the suburbs of LA yesterday.  They are amazing and I love them.

If DST is going to pull mates from movies, this is the kind of movie I want them to pull from; one with great visuals, lots of colors, and memorable looks.  Less Dark Tower blandness and more Beetlejuice wackiness!  

17 minutes ago, JRSly said:

It is kinda ridiculous when there seems to be a boxset "convenience fee" with some lines. It's never really made sense why they're $20-25. 

That is a bit ridiculous. At the very least maybe the boxsets could have exclusive accessories *cough* Handbook for the Recently Deceased *cough*

5 minutes ago, funkguerilla said:

I found these in the suburbs of LA yesterday.  They are amazing and I love them.

If DST is going to pull mates from movies, this is the kind of movie I want them to pull from; one with great visuals, lots of colors, and memorable looks.  Less Dark Tower blandness and more Beetlejuice wackiness!  

I agree, Beetlejuice allows for a variety of colorful mates. I hope they do a "waiting room guests" set next.  I want a Shrunken Head Guy and a Miss Argentina.

4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Anyone else catch the error with Adam?

His left arm checkered pattern is misaligned on mine.

Also, one small nitpick. Betelgeuse was clearly wearing boots with his pants tucked in when in his striped suit.

_descarga_a1098c45.jpg?f8320c9db15eb5412  91DswgdbVrL._RI_.jpg

A little black paint and it is an easy fix.

11 hours ago, Mattallica said:

his hands like most? minimates have 3 fingers and a thumb yet the "hand shape" made in his scary  head (that he made by sticking his hand up in it) has 4 fingers and a thumb like a normal human

Where was quality control with that one?!  :D

Picked up the TRU sets today. Aside from Tuxedo BJ and Otho, the rest look pretty much the same as the boxset.  Interestingly, at one of the local TRUs, apparently someone stole all the BJ minimates the day they were stocked. Also the Mulder/Scully 2-pack from the new series was on sale for $0.03! The checker rang it twice because he thought it was an error!

It took me about 20 minutes after I got home before I customized a red wedding dress Lydia to go with Tuxedo BJ, it will work as a spot filler until DST releases an official one:

20frbck.jpg

Edited by Joe Hill

On 11/8/2017 at 1:34 AM, Joe Hill said:

Where was quality control with that one?!  :D

Picked up the TRU sets today. Aside from Tuxedo BJ and Otho, the rest look pretty much the same as the boxset.  Interestingly, at one of the local TRUs, apparently someone stole all the BJ minimates the day they were stocked. Also the Mulder/Scully 2-pack from the new series was on sale for $0.03! The checker rang it twice because he thought it was an error!

It took me about 20 minutes after I got home before I customized a red wedding dress Lydia to go with Tuxedo BJ, it will work as a spot filler until DST releases an official one:

20frbck.jpg

Recipe please!

Also, I found these at my local TRU and the employees were pretty surprised at how much these look like the actors; Alec and Geena the most. 

Edited by Onyx_6
Spelling!

On 11/9/2017 at 4:40 PM, Onyx_6 said:

Recipe please!

Also, I found these at my local TRU and the employees were pretty surprised at how much these look like the actors; Alec and Geena the most. 

The entire series has an excellent likeness to the actors/characters, I was pleasantly surprised. 

Wedding Lydia is series 16 Scarlet Witch torso, Alice in Wonderland Red Queen dress, and the frilly top and veil was made with red translucent sculpy (it looks more see-through in person).

• 2 weeks later...

I found these at Tru today and was trying to pick up the Otho set and they were all gone. Then I see one and the card was ripped off the plastic. Just the blister and the mates, the card and other Otho sets nowhere to be found.

Just so I'm sure, are there supposed to be any accessories in the Otho set? It doesn't look like it in mine but can't tell.