UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MisterMiracle said:

Two questions:

1.  So it's just a 4-pack and a TRU 2-pack so far?

2.  Does the striped suit Beetlejuice come with additional parts to make a regular Beetlejuice?

I think DST did a great job with these. The sculpted stretch-faced heads of the Maitlands are especially well-done (and I'm not usually a fan of sculpted heads).

I remember when I was a kid, Kenner released the movie figures.  They made the striped-suit of Beetlejuice with the carousel head and the tuxedo version had the regular head.  Therefore, both figures had to be purchased in order to make "classic striped-suit Beetlejuice."  It was annoying as a consumer, but smart from a selling standpoint.

kenner-beetljuice-toyline.png

I'm hoping for another pack that includes some of the waiting room guests, such as Ms. Argentina, the Shrunken-Head guy, the Smoking Man, and the Witch Doctor.

latest?cb=20101023182412latest?cb=20101023182056latest?cb=20101023182054latest?cb=20101023182413

I'm also a little surprised that Tuxedo Beetlejuice didn't come with Red-Wedding Dressing Lydia.

beetlejuice-32630-e1456511857415.jpg

Overall, I'm definitely looking forward to these. I think DST is excellent with the movie/TV licenses.

Edited by Joe Hill

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter watched the movie for the first time this past weekend, she loved it!

Who is the TRU character in black?  I couldn't match him up in the movie.  Robert Goulet?

1 hour ago, JeffBohn said:

My daughter watched the movie for the first time this past weekend, she loved it!

Who is the TRU character in black?  I couldn't match him up in the movie.  Robert Goulet?

Glad your daughter loved it! My niece watched it and got a bit freaked out (she's only 6...) :D

I think the minimate is definitely Otho, it matches this attire:

latest?cb=20101023182412

And the displayed head matches this expression:

tumblr_m1auruhiZ01qd881eo1_500.jpg

Thank you, Otho makes way more sense, I couldn't tell if it was an open mouth or a 'stache.  For some reason I find the idea of a Robert Goulet mate amusing though.

My daughter is 14 and now wants to cosplay as Lydia.  And, oddly Bloodshot, that's a different story.

Very cool license to get some Minimates from. I'm happy to not have to work on my custom set anymore, these are looking good. Or if we could use more face variety, I'm at least happy not to have to worry about painting a striped suit myself and can just slap my sticker on. 

9w3oSsx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, JRSly said:

Very cool license to get some Minimates from. I'm happy to not have to work on my custom set anymore, these are looking good. Or if we could use more face variety, I'm at least happy not to have to worry about painting a striped suit myself and can just slap my sticker on. 

JRSly, I was also about to start a Beetlejuice custom set right before these were announced. Painting a striped suit seemed like a pain!

Your BJ decal looks great, nice to have for an alternate look!

I think that is the Minimate 4-pack

Never mind. I reread your post. I can't wait for these!

Edited by Onyx_6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I stopped by my local TRU last night as they were in the middle of moving/reorganizing the Minimate section. There was nothing new on the shelves, but I did happen to notice that they had added a peg specifically for the Beetlejuice 2pack.
There was no employee around for me to talk with, and I didn't see the minimates themsevles, so this isn't a confirmation or sighting. But they must be on their way soon.

36922768433_4a3c4c6580_o.jpg

I wish my TRU had a Minimates section.

I have to search in three or four different aisles depending on what I'm looking for. And half the time they don't stock them in the right place. (Watchmen in with the Marvel Comics product.) Then there are assortments my TRU doesn't stock at all, from Battle Beasts and Dark Tower to the latest Marvel waves.

I thought they had planograms to keep things consistent across all stores. :gah:

Apparently not. Every TRU I’ve been in over the last year has had a slightly different layout...

Even my local TRU has them scattered. pirates and what’s left of their PvZ sets are each in their own section. And the TMNT mates are half in the TMNT section and half in the Minimate section.

then there’s pricing. Someone reported a little while ago that they found the JJ boxset for something like $2.99 each. Mine still has them at $9.99

and my local TRU is swimming in old sets - Doctor Strange/Muppets/Dark Tower/Predator that aren’t selling and I’m worried that they’re holding off on new waves (Marvel 24 for example) because of the stagnant peg warmers...

No wonder Amazon is eating TRU's lunch. Imagine having to search Electronics to find Minimates, which is where my TRU stocks them.

I hear TRU is working on an augmented reality (AR) experience for its stores. What I'd prefer is a way to find what I'm looking for without spelunking the whole damned place.