UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alien: Covenant Series 1

On 5/20/2017 at 10:46 PM, youbastards said:

Zach, can you please match the names to the Aliens when you have a moment?

Not sure what's a spoiler for people, so:

David/Walter with Chestburster (all locations)

Daniels and Goran Xenomorph (Specialty)

Tennessee with Neomorph (Specialty)

Shaw with Neomorph (Specialty)

Neomorph Teen with Neomorph Toddler (TRU)

Xenomorph with Translucent Xenomorph (TRU)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Not sure what's a spoiler for people, so:

Reveal hidden contents

David/Walter with Chestburster (all locations)

Daniels and Goran Xenomorph (Specialty)

Tennessee with Neomorph (Specialty)

Shaw with Neomorph (Specialty)

Neomorph Teen with Neomorph Toddler (TRU)

Xenomorph with Translucent Xenomorph (TRU)

i doubt it.. but any chance of unmasked heads/looks for the human characters

I just hope the reception of the movie doesn't mar the sales, and in turn perceived viability of the line. People love Alien, Aliens, and even Alien 3. Please don't let Covenant sully the brand. Really want the dropship, and clean Bishop and Ferro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't realize this until I just recently saw the movie, but

Spoiler

Elizabeth Shaw is not actually in the movie, unless you count her corpse. The figure in the wave is actually based upon the character as seen at the end of Prometheus and I guess the Alien Covenant Prologue: The Crossing. Just seems like an unusual choice to be apart of the lineup after seeing the movie. I suppose it's nice to get a little bit of representation from Prometheus, since I doubt we will get a wave from that movie.

Also, not sure if someone has an answer to this, but

Spoiler

was there a visual difference between the two Xenomorphs spawned in the film? If so, that makes sense why we got a Regular Xeno in the TRU wave, and then A 'Goran' (seemingly based off the actor's name) Xeno in the specialty wave. However, if there was no visual difference (I saw none), why did we get these two distinct variations?

Apologies to anyone who hasn't seen the movie and is attempting to read this post, I'll leave some non-spoiler thoughts on the movie. I liked it. It was a better rendition of what I expected Prometheus to be (but without the name Alien in the title I shouldn't have expected it to be like Ridley Scott's original). It did a great a job at answering some unanswered questions from Prometheus while also directly connecting itself to the original Alien, thus deserving of the title Alien. I actually think this movie made Prometheus look a bit better especially if you watch the Prologue: The Crossing before seeing the actual movie (I didn't). As for the action and suspense, it certainly lives up to the original and provides a lot of great 'Alien-esque' scenes (not sure I can say much more without giving spoilers). As a fan of the franchise and someone who found Prometheus to be a strange addition to the franchise (yet an intriguing sci-fi movie on its own), I enjoyed Covenant, and definitely recommend to anyone who has seen the original Alien and/or Prometheus, though I have to admit, parts of the film would be difficult to understand without having seen Prometheus.

Edited by OvenproofBug6

I just saw the names of the Neomorphs. Those made me laugh. Teenage and Toddler. ROFL.

I just imagine one like crying a bunch, throwing temper tantrums and the other whining about how he can't stay out late.

5 hours ago, SCW said:

I just saw the names of the Neomorphs. Those made me laugh. Teenage and Toddler. ROFL.

I just imagine one like crying a bunch, throwing temper tantrums and the other whining about how he can't stay out late.

Must say, I thought that at first too, but it makes sense after seeing the neomorph's growth throughout the film.

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I will admit to taking the names I was given for this wave and not researching them too much. Regret that now! 

I feel like it can be hard to judge what characters to make when you just receive a list of names before the film is released. Like I said I think getting Elizabeth Shaw is actually quite nice as she was probably my favorite human character from Prometheus, but I think David is a popular character in both films that could of replaced one of the Xenos or even the phantom Xeno.

They aren't out yet, I beleive.  Those pix posted last week were of Zach's packaged samples.

Probably a couple more weeks, but I would be happy to be wrong.  Rewatched the movie last night and while the plot has issues, Scott can still make a movie that grabs my attention.

22 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Still can't find these at TRU. :confused:

Same, but then again I think I'll just pick up the specialty, unless I see some convincing photos of the toddler/teenager neomorph 2 pack. Only Alien product I saw at TRU was the darker Space Jockey w/ Dallas.