UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alien: Covenant Series 1

The trailer for Covenant did look good but with trailers being nearly a science now practically any movie can release a good trailer. I just don't trust Scott much after the last movie, which was just irredeemably dumb. I guess Damon Lindelof didn't write this one so maybe there's some hope. And even a bad movie could have decent creatures, so we'll see.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

From C2E2:

Covenant Xenomorph Vinimate and Minimates promo shot from the panel 

IMG_0098_zpsssowr2eb.jpg

Minimate Xenomorph

IMG_0076_zpscjywliga.jpg

Others

IMG_0077_zpsad5wzjbx.jpg

@luke314pi Any chance of a few stickers to go with these? Like a male suit/chest to make Shaw into Prometheus David? Either way, I think I am in for a custom case.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't find the creature designs too interesting but the minimates seem to be good adaptations of them. Is there some benefit to using arms as legs that I'm missing? Seems like if you're going to tool new parts anyway you could just make new legs. The variety between the TRU and LCS releases is nice.

So, @DSTZach, What is the pairing going to be for the LCS release?

And are there plans for another wave with more of the crew?

I don't know what's planned for the next Alien MM series. I guess we'll see how these do.

Pairings are pretty much as shown (side-by-side), although Tennessee and Shaw each come with the guy in between them. Shaw is one per case, Tennessee is three.

Not 100% sure we accurately conveyed relative scale in these group shots, as I think David comes with a chestburster, who might be a little smaller than shown 

Edited by DSTZach

On 4/28/2017 at 1:28 PM, Onyx_6 said:

@luke314pi Any chance of a few stickers to go with these? Like a male suit/chest to make Shaw into Prometheus David? Either way, I think I am in for a custom case.

Would a sticker kit prompt anyone else to buy more sets? I would definitely make one if I got enough support.

I've supported every release under the alien minimate banner so far, but I'm sorry to say that with these, I'm out. The movie was really pretty bad and even the "standard" xenomorphs in this wave of figures look way too strange for my taste.

Underwhelming from every perspective.