UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alien: Covenant Series 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many series we can squeeze out of just this film. (I'm trailer-celibate so I have no idea.) It depends on sell-through, of course, but given the army-building nature of the first offering, I don't see a problem getting a second series.

I'm guessing from the silhouettes that the variations to the xenomorphs will be tampo'd, not sculpted.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

These look promising. Hopefully DST can imitate what they did for GotG vol. 2 and release these before the movie comes out.

The movie hits May 19th. These are listed on BBTS for release in September. :(

The designs remind me of Mass Effect, which fit in with GotG to me. Heck, even the New Goblin Francomate™ above looks like it wouldn't be entirely out of place.

2 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

I'm interested to see what the Xenomorphs end up looking like.

There is one in the trailer.  Similar to the one in Alien, but a little sleeker with less design, smaller back tubes, smoother features.

Maybe we could get Prometheus mates through a loophole. They made Kyle Reese and final costume terminator from first movie because they appeared in T2. So we could get a review scene ala Aliens showing the crew. Maybe just David,  then a couple of heads swaps.

Edited by bilbofett

Silhouettes are generic, they do not represent creatures. All three have different sculpts.

There will be a TRU wave. 

Regardless of how you felt about Prometheus, the trailer for Covenant is great, and i appreciated seeing the preview scene they released. I liked Prometheus, but I wasn't trying to jive it with other films.

Damn - I really dug Prometheus. And by all early accounts, even if you didn't, Covenant is said to be the prequel to Aliens that everyone wanted: a tight, 90-ish minute horror/sci-fi/thriller full of action. 
I'm really excited for it. Can't wait to see what DST has cooked up for the BigChaps.

Prometheus had a nice premise and themes worth exploring. But the idiotic characters, screwed up execution and mess of an "origin story" that may or may not be in the Alien Universe (like, maybe, or like, not, but I guess now it is, 'cause the next one is ALIEN: Covenant?) turned it into a rather average flick. I'm not xpecting Covenant to be better, what with Scott going "no, Prometheus is 1, Covenant is 3, and then we're gonna do a mid-sequel/prequel". Guy's off his rocker... I liked the visual style though, so even if I haven't bought any ALIEN stuff past the Dump, I may get them.