UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

I just remember Zach gave us another clue at the TMNT post telling us that two characters from a list given by BHM will be made. The list consisted of WWII Nick Fury, 60's Swordsman, Deathlok, Marvel Girl, Toad, Executioner and Super Adaptoid. But I suppose those characters also could be released as part of the non X-Themed Wave 75/TRU 25 (Maybe the Marvel Knights wave hinted at Ask DST in answer to Kostisfire question) or as part of the next walgreens animated wave (I'm betting that Super Adaptoid will be there) or even in later unknown releases.

Edited by Ozymandias

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Zach say a while back, that 2017 would be relatively heavy on villains? I can't remember the thread, but I seem to recall something like that being said. Regardless, unmade characters are always welcome, so yeah, bring it on! A few more hints wouldn't hurt though... :whistling:

Super Adaptoid would make sense for the new villain in the next Walgreens wave. Executioner could work in a Thor-themed two pack for TRU 25, and Toad or Marvel Girl could have a place in 25, or be a sign of the box set being classic X-Men.

I wish we could get more clues, but I don't know how likely that is. The most disappointing thing I can imagining the box set being is Spidey characters without Beetle as the new character, and even that could have some nice villain updates. I can't wait.

I hope DST isn't checking off highly-requested characters if they make animated versions of them. That would be very disappointing.

I think the boxset must be either Spider-Man or X-themed. It's been years since we had a boxset dedicated to comic Spider-Man (and longer for a wave) but DST never goes too long without making X-Men.

4 minutes ago, stack32 said:

I hope DST isn't checking off highly-requested characters if they make animated versions of them. That would be very disappointing.

I seem to remember Zach commenting to that effect back when we got the Walgreens Spidey 2099 - the question was raised if we would get an updated comic version and he replied that another Spidey 2099 wasn't being considered because they had just released the animated version...

34 minutes ago, stack32 said:

I think the boxset must be either Spider-Man or X-themed. It's been years since we had a boxset dedicated to comic Spider-Man (and longer for a wave) but DST never goes too long without making X-Men.

For me, it depends on how similar the comic look is to the animated design.

Image result for super adaptoid

This is the AA Adaptoid.

Image result for super adaptoid comics

This is the comic Adaptoid.

They aren't exactly interchangeable. On the other hand, Spider-Man 2099, Nighthawk, Man-Thing, Hyperion, Squirrel Girl, Doctor Spectrum, and Scarlet Spider (for example) look about the same between the two sources.

I wouldn't see a USM Beetle or AA Adaptoid as comic versions of those characters, but for others, it works fine.

1 hour ago, Donny B said:

I seem to remember Zach commenting to that effect back when we got the Walgreens Spidey 2099 - the question was raised if we would get an updated comic version and he replied that another Spidey 2099 wasn't being considered because they had just released the animated version...

Yeah, i remember that comment. It seems earlier there was something about how it wouldn't affect comic 'mates but that seems pretty unlikely at this point. Which is a shame because they're obviously a different style even if they're "close enough" for some.

2 hours ago, stack32 said:

Same here. The Animated line has been cool, but it is very different from the comics based line. Something offered in the Animated style is like something offered in the MCU style. It's cool and has its place in the collection, but it doesn't mix with the different styles.

There are some beautiful 'mates in the animated line which........ to a certain extent.... I'd agree don't fit in with other comic-related 'mates. When you boil things down however * you are left with Man-Thing (certainly) Nighthawk ( possibly) & Squirrel Girl (really?!) who 'ought' to have comic-book versions that might sell . That's 3 characters & I can only see one being made again any time soon.

That's my opinion & I'd guess you'd have yours .

I'm loving the love for the Super-Adaptoid & whilst I crave the original version I'd love the version from MisterPL' s post .........wow!

19 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I prefer to have animated versions of Man-Thing and Squirrel Girl than not having them at all. 

Yeah, same here. I think it's great that we are getting animated versions. It's just not the same as getting comic versions. If the Wrecking Crew showed up on one of the current shows and we got animated versions of them in the cartoon-y color schemes, I wouldn't consider that checking them off of the comics version wants list for me.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:12 AM, Ozymandias said:

I see more likely a Factor X boxset with Havok and Polaris being the two never-made classic costumes, althought I'm having problems with Quicksilver qualifying as the "one requested update I think".

If they do a 90's X-Factor box, I really hope it would be Havok/Polaris/Wolfsbane/Strong Guy, with a supplemental 2-pack with Multiple Man (and Forge? Val Cooper? Quicksilver? Random! Arcade!).

I don't want to have to army build boxed sets. :(

Though, if it were a TRU 2-pack, it might be just as hard...

46 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

If they do a 90's X-Factor box, I really hope it would be Havok/Polaris/Wolfsbane/Strong Guy, with a supplemental 2-pack with Multiple Man (and Forge? Val Cooper? Quicksilver? Random! Arcade!).

I don't want to have to army build boxed sets. :(

Though, if it were a TRU 2-pack, it might be just as hard...

Personally, I'd much rather see PAD X-Factor as a wave than a box set. Ideally:

Havok & Polaris 

Wolfsbane & Quicksilver (with removable 90's junk)

Strong Guy & Multiple Man

Random & Multiple Man

That way, all the main members are released at once, and Madrox is easy to army build. It's a bit short on big names, but Quicksilver and Havok are pretty prominent in the X-Men movies now. I think the team in general is a little obscure for TRU.

17 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Personally, I'd much rather see PAD X-Factor as a wave than a box set. Ideally:

Havok & Polaris 

Wolfsbane & Quicksilver (with removable 90's junk)

Strong Guy & Multiple Man

Random & Multiple Man

That way, all the main members are released at once, and Madrox is easy to army build. It's a bit short on big names, but Quicksilver and Havok are pretty prominent in the X-Men movies now. I think the team in general is a little obscure for TRU.

Definitely. I'd buy a case and as many Madrox packs as possible from Luke, BBTS, and anyone else offering them.