UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty disappointing that none of the comic Marvel lineups we were teased with seem to have been revealed. I was really hoping we'd at least hear about the box set. Will there be another opportunity at the show, or will we just have to wait?

On the other hand, the Beetlejuice set look great, especially the Maitland's alternate heads. I assume "classic" Beetlejuice will come with a regular hairpiece, too. The Sora and DC Vinimates look nice too. The Rebirth designs translate well.

Well, there was a panel, and more often than not, we get concept art before samples, so maybe something was shown there, it's just that nobody has really found the time to drop in (if anybody was at the panel that is).

Oh and, from the Marvel Panel:

"From there, the Marvel Legacy initiative spreads out across the Marvel Universe, showcasing epic storylines hearkening back to the glory days of Marvel starring Odinson, Squirrel Girl, Spider-Man, the Avengers, America Chavez, Iron Man, Moon Knight, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, the X-Men, Captain America, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, the Champions, Wolverine, Ironheart, Hulk, The Punisher and so many more!"

Where's my Moon Knight huh? Where's my MOO- Ah, sorry... I don't... I think I've lost my mojo. I can't really complain as I used to... I'd still like a Moon Knight though...

Edited by Kostisfire

11 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Well, there was a panel, and more often than not, we get concept art before samples, so maybe something was shown there, it's just that nobody has really found the time to drop in (if anybody was at the panel that is).

Yeah, that's fair. I guess I'm just being impatient. Fingers crossed.

I hate to break it to you all, but DC Vinimates is an ongoing line, with new offerings every month. You might want to get those wounds looked at, so salt doesn't keep getting into them. 

And there will be other Batmen.

I regretted not showing art for Marvel 74 or TRU 24, but the box set is a ways off.

11 hours ago, winkerbean said:

Those DC vinimates are rubbing salt into the wounds

Reminds me of the old joke about the Foreign Legionnaires who have been besieged for weeks in a desert fort .  The CO decides to gather the men together to tell them 'how it is'.

Spoiler

"Men, I'm going to tell you the truth & there is some good news & some bad news. The bad news is that all we have left to eat is camel shit....the good news is there's plenty of it ."

For clarity I think that the Vinimates are very good

Spoiler

..not shit..

but I just can't stop shaking my head in disbelief that Chuck chose 'now' to announce his bad news . I'll go as far as saying that I prefer to remain in denial .

2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Reminds me of the old joke about the Foreign Legionnaires who have been besieged for weeks in a desert fort .  The CO decides to gather the men together to tell them 'how it is'.

Hide contents

"Men, I'm going to tell you the truth & there is some good news & some bad news. The bad news is that all we have left to eat is camel shit....the good news is there's plenty of it ."

For clarity I think that the Vinimates are very good

Hide contents

..not shit..

but I just can't stop shaking my head in disbelief that Chuck chose 'now' to announce his bad news . I'll go as far as saying that I prefer to remain in denial .

Say what now? What's the bad news? 

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I hate to break it to you all, but DC Vinimates is an ongoing line, with new offerings every month. You might want to get those wounds looked at, so salt doesn't keep getting into them. 

And there will be other Batmen.

I regretted not showing art for Marvel 74 or TRU 24, but the box set is a ways off.

Can you posts the line ups then? 

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Will we see the art or hear the lineups for either of these soon?

39 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Say what now? What's the bad news? 

I think he means the lack of DC minimates.

Personally, I think the vinimates look good. From the DC line that's been revealed so far, I'm planning on getting CW Flash. I'll probably get any other major CWverse characters that get vinimates, along with B:TAS looks (if they're allowed), classic versions of the big 7, and the Atom, who I've always liked despite not really being a fan of DC comics.

EDIT: We don't have any idea what 74 is, do we? I assumed it was Ragnarok, but that's not getting an LCS wave. Interesting.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Will we see the art or hear the lineups for either of these soon?

I think he means the lack of DC minimates.

Personally, I think the vinimates look good. From the DC line that's been revealed so far, I'm planning on getting CW Flash. I'll probably get any other major CWverse characters that get vinimates, along with B:TAS looks (if they're allowed), classic versions of the big 7, and the Atom, who I've always liked despite not really being a fan of DC comics.

EDIT: We don't have any idea what 74 is, do we? I assumed it was Ragnarok, but that's not getting an LCS wave. Interesting.

This is where I struggle... I want to support DST with this but I live in a small NYC apartment. For those of you in Middle America, my entire apartment would make a nice closet for you which means space is a premium which is why I love minimates and have for 15 years. I was planing on cherry picking vinimates like getting a Dr. Manhattan, or the big robot while hoping for a Galactus, Watcher, Giant-Man, etc. but that was it. These DC ones have me in a pickle. I naively think that if there is enough of a demand for these that maybe that can reboot the minimate franchise (or at least get me a CW minimate franchise) which is why I have been buying the Gotham ones even though I can't stand that show.  Hearing they are monthly is going to be a monthly struggle of figuring out what to do.

Zach revealed Thor Ragnarok is only getting a boxset at specialty, not a full wave.

TRU is getting an assortment, most likely 3 2-packs.

Gamestop, Hot Topic, or Walgreens (retailer not yet revealed, but an existing one) is also getting an assortment of 4 2-packs.

2 of the Minimates in the boxset will also be packed together in a 2 pack at TRU and at the unknown retailer, so if you buy the boxset you don't have to buy that shared 2-pack at either of those locations.

The assortments aren't yet final due to lack of reference art provided to DST.

9 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

For this being the actual 15th anniversary of Minimates, this show was pretty dissapointing....

You can say that again.

I've been craving new news on marvel comic mates. Hopefully the wolverine wave hits soon.

Considering that the 15th anniversary lasts all year long, not sure why this show had to blow the lid off of everything.

We showed the TRU Watchmen, which I think were not previously seen. 

I could have showed some art at the panel, i regret not doing so, but it'll all get seen eventually. TRU 24, 25, specialty 74 and 75 are all comic, and should all hit in the anniversary year. Maybe the box set, too. Probably not KH, but we've got some pretty exciting movie licenses this year that are worthy of the anniversary, I think.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Considering that the 15th anniversary lasts all year long, not sure why this show had to blow the lid off of everything.

We showed the TRU Watchmen, which I think were not previously seen. 

I could have showed some art at the panel, i regret not doing so, but it'll all get seen eventually. TRU 24, 25, specialty 74 and 75 are all comic, and should all hit in the anniversary year. Maybe the box set, too. Probably not KH, but we've got some pretty exciting movie licenses this year that are worthy of the anniversary, I think.

Silk Spectre and Ozymandius? Yeah those were new and they look GREAT. 

The Alien Neomorph was new as well and I don't remember seeing StockmanFly before either. 

Toynewsi had some pics, so here are the Watchmen figs (which are pure figurekino):

2017-C2E2-DST57__scaled_600.jpg

Well, even if we didn't get to see them, I'm glad we have two expect 2 LCS Waves, 2 TRU Waves and a box-set full of comic stuff. I've been feeling the MCU burnout for a while now. I hope we get some new costumes, and some highly requested stuff (kneels and prays for no more 70s figs...).

Edited by Kostisfire

The Watchmen figures look great, but I was hoping DST would try to stretch out the the line a bit more for a few if the Minutemen, Bubastis, and maybe even snowsuit Nite Owl. That doesn't seem very likely if we're getting the main cast in the first two assortments.

4 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Toynewsi had some pics, so here are the Watchmen figs (which are pure figurekino):

2017-C2E2-DST57__scaled_600.jpg

Well, even if we didn't get to see them, I'm glad we have two expect 2 LCS Waves, 2 TRU Waves and a box-set full of comic stuff. I've been feeling the MCU burnout for a while now. I hope we get some new costumes, and some highly requested stuff (kneels and prays for no more 70s figs...).

I definitely agree that it's good to know that we have upcoming comic assortments even if we don't know what they'll be yet.

I know you've said that you're tired of classic characters, but I'm drawing a blank on "highly requested stuff" that isn't from the 60's-90's.