UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

Yeah, seems we're gonna get the Street-Level wave. Bullseye semi-confirmed, Chuck alluding to it in response to one of my AskDST question's a couple months back, Alonso saying Marvel wants to push them. It all checks out. Question is, what's the line-up gonna be?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/04/2017 at 0:06 PM, stack32 said:

Man-Thing seems like a great example of a character that would benefit from a lot of detail (just look at most pictures of him) and suffers more than most from the simplified animated styling. The animated one is mostly good only in the sense that it doesn't have any competition.

Absolutely.

On 29/04/2017 at 1:29 AM, DSTZach said:

Just to clarify, we do not choose characters based on how many are on eBay. I'm sure there are a lot of Wolverines on eBay, too. Leader is a big villain, he's on the cartoon, we haven't made him in a long time, we thought he'd sell at Walgreens and he needed an update. He made sense. And I actually think he's more detailed than the original. But tastes differ, as you said.

For the record, I also like the taste of this Man-Thing.

:yes:

I find it unlikely that anybody here hasn't used eBay at some time or another & quite likely that DST doesn't base its character choice on what is on eBay.  

Maybe I shouldn't put so much credence in what I have seen over the last 12 years of scanning for Minimates on eBay on a daily basis ? WTF would I know?

An example.....below.....a Wolverine Minimate wouldn't be a good example.....sorry!

I've said it so many times (so have others) that an AIM guy Minimate would sell very well.......I know because each & every one that appears on eBay sells.....quickly...& expensively . I have many other examples that I could suggest & it's not rocket science just observation . OK I'd eventually be proved wrong but I'm totally confident that it would take some while.Ol' yell beehive man appears in the animated series and I can't see anyone complaining about his 'look'. So there's another avenue .

I couldn't however find a picture of the animated Man-Thing ? Anybody ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

6 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I've said it so many times (so have others) that an AIM guy Minimate would sell very well.......I know because each & every one that appears on eBay sells.....quickly...& expensively . I have many other examples that I could suggest & it's not rocket science just observation . OK I'd eventually be proved wrong but I'm totally confident that it would take some while.Ol' yell beehive man appears in the animated series and I can't see anyone complaining about his 'look'. So there's another avenue.

I want these guys, yes. Would make for a great addition to the Animated line. 

IMG_1277.JPG

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

I'd buy a few of those. What's another army builder from the show it could be packed with? 

Chuitari? Ultron Drone? Hydra Agent? SHIELD Agent? Infected Venom person? Space Phantoms? Ice Giants? Mindless Ones? Dreadnoughts?

Edited by NerdyTrev

Very cool. One of the last army builders we've never had a shot at. I'd try to aquire quite a few of those.

More AIM would be great too and both of their animated looks are pretty close to comic accurate for my tastes. 

Just to be sure though, I did a quick Google search before posting. One image had the XD logo on the bottom and the Minless ones had their typical pink "cyclops" eye. Another pic showed a horde of them coming out of a portal towards the Avengers and they had a triangular eye that was white or blue.

Is pink the norm in that show?

7 minutes ago, bigvis497 said:

I'm all for more characters, but army building Walgreens exclusives seems like it would be extremely frustrating given their distribution history. 

I'd wholeheartedly agree......I'm not suggesting that we have tons of army builders .....no way am I saying that . The Walgreens mates are a great diversion but they appear to create great division and believe it or not I'm suggesting that DST could kill 2 birds with 1 stone by choosing more crossover characters .....the AIM guys being obvious ,take a risk pack 2 in a pack!

It would seem that Walgreens distribution is a bit .....er........odd & the fact that a 'case' contains just 4 different packs (I'm right yeah?) is a whole new ball game. How does that work in reality ? (I ask because I don't know) If they sold cases online then it would suit me fine . Why the heck don't they? 

Regards the Leader I wasn't trying to antagonise I was just expressing my surprise at the irony of the choice ....just saying &

......I'll continue to have my say

6 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

How about a whole wave of army builders! 

Hydra goon / SHIELD agent 

AIM agent / Hellfire Club goon

Mindless One / Female SHIELD agent 

Kree Soldier / Skrull Soldier

STOP. My Wallet is crying.