UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

6 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Fingers crossed one of those 70s characters is Deathlok.

Meanwhile, still willing to sell my soul for a Darkhawk, Doom 2099, and/or Sleepwalker figure.  

A Doom 2099 minimate would be so awesome.  I was a huge fan of the red cloak costume he wore after he conquered America.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, elhonez said:

You're making Riri? Was this already discussed? Did I miss something? 

Yes, yes... With enough bickering, we'll eventually squeeze out a full line-up announcement.  This has always been the plan.  Let the hate flow through you! Hail HYDRA! Haha.

But on a serious note, I feel like at this point Hydra Cap is a shoo-in.  And now Riri, I suppose.  Also, I can't imagine them releasing a Marvel Now! Magneto without at least a Cyclops or some other S&M X-Men to go with him.  And of course, Spidey has a new costume.  Is there a Spidey costume we haven't gotten immediately? That and the updated Brock Venom look would make sense for a 15th anniversary pack.

Otherwise I would totally snatch up an Unworthy Odinson, Iron Doom, and Mr. Knight.  Man, I'm excited.

2 hours ago, ckerus said:

A Doom 2099 minimate would be so awesome.  I was a huge fan of the red cloak costume he wore after he conquered America.

YES!  Of course, I'd be down for either as long as it wasn't that horrible green suit he wore at the end of the run.

Fun fact, the only Doom 2099 figure available is the red cloaked version as a heroclix.  

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

And we're making Kamala, Riri, and others, so we have no concerns there.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

But the costume is too similar to ANAD IM, and Bendis' OC sucks... Oh hell, we all knew that she was gonna get made... You better be making Iron Doom as well though! Otherwise I'll get very cross. Very, very cross indeed!

11 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

No, I mean it's in the mainstream news/podcasts and actually driving conversations about Comics and race. Here are some press clippings. 

http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/4/4/15169572/marvel-diversity-outrage-gabriel

http://nerdist.com/marvel-diversity-comics-david-gabriel-wrong/

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/apr/03/marvel-executive-says-emphasis-on-diversity-may-have-alienated-readers

And this isn't even bringing up the current X-Men fiasco. Just because something is talked about doesn't mean it's good.

Whats the X-Men fiasco? I used to love the x universe so much but now they have become like old school friends that occasionally pop up on face book with some out of context factoid now and then.

17 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Maybe I have no idea what " clap back" is, but if it means backlash, then no, the mainstream media is not responding negatively to Hydra Cap. Or you sent the wrong links, because apparently Time thought the story was interesting enough to do an interview on it, with zero criticism and only using the word Nazi once. 

Yeah, some more nerdish-friendly sites like AV Club and Mary Sue are covering some comic retailers' reactions to the Hydra costume campaign, but only because it's a story. Nowhere are numbers reported, and I would be interested to know the number of Hydra T-shirts sold to fans in the last ten years. Because I bet it's a lot.

The conversations about race you linked to have nothing to do with Hydra Cap, and everything to do with a public comment about sales. And we're making Kamala, Riri, and others, so we have no concerns there.

Whether it's good or not is an opinion -- the story is still being talked about, and it's a cool new costume. Anyone who thinks Cap is now a Nazi forever doesn't know that A. comic stories are rarely forever, B. in spite of some past Nazi members, Hydra's plan for domination is largely color-blind, and C. Cap has already been a Nazi, twice.

nazi-cap.jpg

cap-nazi.jpg

Hey Zach thanks for responding. You are clearly more privy to other discussion and data that I am not. However, I do see social sentiment and you are correct there isn't always a direct correlation between sales and impressions but I have seen brands change course for less given the totality of the sentiment. You can separate the issue of the Cap story line from the diversity issue but it does add fuel to the overarching issue and Marvel's problematic PR situation. It could also be that at the moment the zeitgeist is talking a lot about diversity and the sentiment is directing that conversation. Again, sentiment doesn't equal sales or lack there of because this is assuming that the people that are complaining are even customers to begin with. Great to see you guys are holding the line and willing to create the figure. 

Edited by thereasonsy

Not really privy to anything others are not. Except future character offerings.

I just think anyone who's anti-Hydra is making a mountain out of a fictional mountain. 

There are bigger issues in the national conversation on diversity than comic book characters. 

27 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I just think anyone who's anti-Hydra is making a mountain out of a fictional mountain. 

There are bigger issues in the national conversation on diversity than comic book characters. 

You+sly+devil+_1a2f7660af17e4e17c716d426

I remember you saying that 2017 would see more villains made. Any chance any of them (say, a certain Big Name Bad-Guy turned quasi Good-Guy of A-List status) are included in these comic related assortments? Or any clues, really. That'd be cool.

PS: HYDRA!Cap is the Most Based of Based comic book characters. He's actually getting stuff done.

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I had this long post planned on the topic, but after this...yeah, that's a mic drop post.

If they had split him into electrical Red and Blue Captains, that would have been cool, too.

I am not aware of an Iron Doom planned, but definitely some re-done and never done villains, in TRU 24, TRU 25, 74, 75, etc.

I'd talk about the great villains we have planned for Animated, but I know not everyone considers those to be acceptable.

21 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

YES!  Of course, I'd be down for either as long as it wasn't that horrible green suit he wore at the end of the run.

Fun fact, the only Doom 2099 figure available is the red cloaked version as a heroclix.  

Oh that green suit at the end of the series was atrocious.  They could do a variant pack so we can get the blue cloak armor and the red cloak armor.  Sadly I don't see either version ever getting made.  A guy can dream though I guess.

4 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

If they had split him into electrical Red and Blue Captains, that would have been cool, too.

I am not aware of an Iron Doom planned, but definitely some re-done and never done villains, in TRU 24, TRU 25, 74, 75, etc.

I'd talk about the great villains we have planned for Animated, but I know not everyone considers those to be acceptable.

What?!  I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the animated wave lately.  The squadron supreme characters were great figures to finally have.  I'm a big fan of the animated eaves and would love to hear what villains are planned.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I am not aware of an Iron Doom planned, [...]

batman-crying.gif

H-Hope di-dies l-last... sniff...

[...] but definitely some re-done and never done villains, in TRU 24, TRU 25, 74, 75, etc.

thats_cool_burn_after_reading.gif

I'd love a High Evolutionary, but he's probably way too obscure. A new Bullseye would be great as well.

I find the faces a bit simplistic for my tastes, but I can stomach 'em. I mean, sure, I'd prefer a hyper detailed comic version, but it's not that big of a deal breaker for me. So I probably won't buy the Animated Black Widows, but Man-Thing is rather perfect, really. I'm always up for villains anyway.

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I have really enjoyed the animated line ,I can see why some people might not stomach their compatibility with the comic 'mates but TBH how many animated characters have we had that don't have an issued equivalent ? Some not many . Conversely enough The Leader (from what I've seen) looks very much like the one we got 13 years ago which is still fairly plentiful on ebay ,why bother ? All very strange .

Tastes differ & Kostis' like of the Man-Thing is his choice but out of all of the ani'mates Man-Thing falls way short of what I've yearned for . Tastes differ.

BTW Kostis ......I'm off to Greece today. "Yassoo":thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

Tastes differ & Kostis' like of the Man-Thing is his choice [...]

tumblr_oaiklgzDaQ1qlmm69o1_400.gif

[...] but out of all of the ani'mates Man-Thing falls way short of what I've yearned for . Tastes differ.

I'd have preffered sculpted vines and whatnot on his hands and feet, plus a bigger body, but the main sculpt is good enough for me to ignore that, really. if it wasn't so hard to find, I'd have add the sculpted parts, but I'd rather leave it as is.

BTW Kostis ......I'm off to Greece today. "Yassoo":thumbsup: 

That's great! Is it a business thing or vacation-related? It's not really summer season, but the weather's mostly nice (the temperature hovers around 27-24 Celcius). What cities are you visiting?

Man-Thing seems like a great example of a character that would benefit from a lot of detail (just look at most pictures of him) and suffers more than most from the simplified animated styling. The animated one is mostly good only in the sense that it doesn't have any competition.

On 4/26/2017 at 3:27 AM, buttheadsmate said:

I have really enjoyed the animated line ,I can see why some people might not stomach their compatibility with the comic 'mates but TBH how many animated characters have we had that don't have an issued equivalent ? Some not many . Conversely enough The Leader (from what I've seen) looks very much like the one we got 13 years ago which is still fairly plentiful on ebay ,why bother ? All very strange

Just to clarify, we do not choose characters based on how many are on eBay. I'm sure there are a lot of Wolverines on eBay, too. Leader is a big villain, he's on the cartoon, we haven't made him in a long time, we thought he'd sell at Walgreens and he needed an update. He made sense. And I actually think he's more detailed than the original. But tastes differ, as you said.

Tastes differ & Kostis' like of the Man-Thing is his choice but out of all of the ani'mates Man-Thing falls way short of what I've yearned for . Tastes differ.

For the record, I also like the taste of this Man-Thing.

On 4/26/2017 at 7:58 AM, Roccothegreat said:

A new bullseye would be great, ??

:yes:

Edited by DSTZach

Hey when it comes to obscure minimates, the more the better! Im always interested in hearin what villians are comin down the line, be it animated or regular comic mates. I myself would like to see the animated Hydra Doc Ock. I would also like to see an animated Griffin, Titania, Impossible Man and the Klaw. Also the Trapster ?

These would also be great as regular mates as well.