UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

10 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

The Watchmen figures look great, but I was hoping DST would try to stretch out the the line a bit more for a few if the Minutemen, Bubastis, and maybe even snowsuit Nite Owl. That doesn't seem very likely if we're getting the main cast in the first two assortments.

More are of course possible, of they sell well.

6 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Silk Spectre and Ozymandius? Yeah those were new and they look GREAT. 

The Alien Neomorph was new as well and I don't remember seeing StockmanFly before either. 

Not a Neomorph, just a Xenomorph.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to announce a lineup in a vacuum, but as soon as I have TRU 24 pics, I'll share them. Fair enough? 74, as soon as we have pics, they'll be in Previews.

24 has some '90s, some 1970s, some modern. 74 I forget. 25 and 75 are mostly modern, if I recall, but with some '70s in there.

We just announced Muppets Select Series 4, Series 5 is purely hypothetical at this point.

Gotham MM i need to see what our plan is. 

I certainly don't want to discourage sales, but I'm not sure how much DC Minimates likelihood would be affected by DC Vinimates sales. I guess if they didn't sell...

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

The Watchmen figures look great, but I was hoping DST would try to stretch out the the line a bit more for a few if the Minutemen, Bubastis, and maybe even snowsuit Nite Owl. That doesn't seem very likely if we're getting the main cast in the first two assortments.

I definitely agree that it's good to know that we have upcoming comic assortments even if we don't know what they'll be yet.

I know you've said that you're tired of classic characters, but I'm drawing a blank on "highly requested stuff" that isn't from the 60's-90's.

I'm not tired of classic characters, I'm just not a fan of the rather ridiculous tights. I mean, I'd love a Blazing Skull or Speedo Namor, but I'd rather get the NOW! (Bondage) X-Men. Or a new 90s Ghost Rider or something. Just more variety, you know? Otherwise, just give us some character waves. A new Cap Wave would be killer for example. Another Iron Man Wave is long overdue.

As for all the clues, I'm trying to not speculate, so I'm just gonna sit and wait. I'm hoping for a HYDRA!Cap and a Mr. Knight, alongside the Infamous Iron Man armor though.

23 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

As for all the clues, I'm trying to not speculate, so I'm just gonna sit and wait. I'm hoping for a HYDRA!Cap and a Mr. Knight, alongside the Infamous Iron Man armor though.

I'm with you on this. Speculation has led to rampant disappointment for me. However, given the clap back Hydra Cap has been getting in the news I doubt we will see him until the end of the story if ever.

17 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I'm with you on this. Speculation has led to rampant disappointment for me. However, given the clap back Hydra Cap has been getting in the news I doubt we will see him until the end of the story if ever.

If by "news" you mean fanboy grumbling, I'm not sure why that would discourage us from making the newest Cap costume, which happens to be at the center of the latest event and one of the most talked-about iterations of Cap in a while. 

25 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Yeah, I think that when I don't hype things too much, I tend to be more satisfied with the end result. As for HYDRA!Cap, well... I don't really give a rat's ass what a couple of normie MCU nucomers who posts "YAAAAS QUEEEN" on Twitter think about it. It's not like they're the ones buying the toys. Or the comics, for that matter. HYDRA!Cap is a perfect candidate for a new fig.

3 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

If by "news" you mean fanboy grumbling, I'm not sure why that would discourage us from making the newest Cap costume, which happens to be at the center of the latest event and one of the most talked-about iterations of Cap in a while. 

Is that a confirmation? Yes, that is a confirmation. It's been confirmed. It's a fact now. We're getting HYDRA!Cap. #FACT

...Seriously though, I'd love a HYDRA!Cap.

1 hour ago, Kostisfire said:

I'm not tired of classic characters, I'm just not a fan of the rather ridiculous tights. I mean, I'd love a Blazing Skull or Speedo Namor, but I'd rather get the NOW! (Bondage) X-Men. Or a new 90s Ghost Rider or something. Just more variety, you know? Otherwise, just give us some character waves. A new Cap Wave would be killer for example. Another Iron Man Wave is long overdue.

Sorry, I just meant you wanted to see more modern costumes. 

90's Ghost Rider is a major character badly in need of an update, so I agree with you there. The NOW! Uncanny costumes aren't bad, but I don't particularly like that run, so I wouldn't have too much interest in them.

There are plenty of Cap and IM villains and main character variants that I'd like to see, and it has been a while.

5 minutes ago, Zylek said:

Modern GotG?

That's true, I'd forgotten about them. The blue costume GotG would be pretty great.

My most wanted modern Marvel characters would probably be Vision, Kate Bishop, Spectrum, and Blue Marvel.

16 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

I'd love to see a Hydra Cap. Maybe with some other characters in a wave to fill out the ANAD Avengers. Spider-Man, Hercules, Wasp, and maybe a Vision redo. I think a Secret Empire wave is in our midst like with Axis, AvX, etc. 

If it were up to me, an ANAD Wave would look like this:

HYDRA!Cap || Hercules || Infamous Iron Man || Chulk || NuWasp || Unworthy Thor || Mr. Knight || Black Panther

10 minutes ago, Zylek said:

Modern GotG?

I'd pay good cash for that.

Just now, BuffaloDelorean said:

Sorry, I just meant you wanted to see more modern costumes. 

90's Ghost Rider is a major character badly in need of an update, so I agree with you there. The NOW! Uncanny costumes aren't bad, but I don't particularly like that run, so I wouldn't have too much interest in them.

There are plenty of Cap and IM villains and main character variants that I'd like to see, and it has been a while.

I dislike that X-Run as well, but I loved the costumes.

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Not going to announce a lineup in a vacuum, but as soon as I have TRU 24 pics, I'll share them. Fair enough? 74, as soon as we have pics, they'll be in Previews.

24 has some '90s, some 1970s, some modern. 74 I forget. 25 and 75 are mostly modern, if I recall, but with some '70s in there.

Fingers crossed one of those 70s characters is Deathlok.

Meanwhile, still willing to sell my soul for a Darkhawk, Doom 2099, and/or Sleepwalker figure.  

3 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

If it were up to me, an ANAD Wave would look like this:

HYDRA!Cap || Hercules || Infamous Iron Man || Chulk || NuWasp || Unworthy Thor || Mr. Knight || Black Panther

I dislike that X-Run as well, but I loved the costumes.

That wave would be pretty good, although I'd have no interest in "Janet van Dyne isn't the Wasp in the movies" Wasp if we weren't also completing Mark Waid's Avengers roster. My ideal current Marvel wave would be:

Spider-Man & Hercules

Vision & Wasp

Kate Bishop & Quicksilver

Spectrum & Blue Marvel

Or something a little more reasonable:

Spider-Man & Hercules

Vision & Wasp

Infamous Iron Man & Unworthy Thor

Hydra Cap & Chulk

I like Magneto's costume (both of them), but the others look a little overdesigned (Scott, Emma) or just odd (Magik).

38 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

That wave would be pretty good, although I'd have no interest in "Janet van Dyne isn't the Wasp in the movies" Wasp if we weren't also completing Mark Waid's Avengers roster. My ideal current Marvel wave would be:

Spider-Man & Hercules

Vision & Wasp

Kate Bishop & Quicksilver

Spectrum & Blue Marvel

Or something a little more reasonable:

Spider-Man & Hercules

Vision & Wasp

Infamous Iron Man & Unworthy Thor

Hydra Cap & Chulk

I like Magneto's costume (both of them), but the others look a little overdesigned (Scott, Emma) or just odd (Magik).

I just want the Infamous IM suit before the book ends. MK's gonna get that NF show, so we're gonna see plenty of him. But if they don't make an Iron Doom now, they never will. And I NEED an Iron Doom...

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

No, I mean it's in the mainstream news/podcasts and actually driving conversations about Comics and race. Here are some press clippings. 

http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/4/4/15169572/marvel-diversity-outrage-gabriel

http://nerdist.com/marvel-diversity-comics-david-gabriel-wrong/

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/apr/03/marvel-executive-says-emphasis-on-diversity-may-have-alienated-readers

And this isn't even bringing up the current X-Men fiasco. Just because something is talked about doesn't mean it's good.

5 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Yeah, I think that when I don't hype things too much, I tend to be more satisfied with the end result. As for HYDRA!Cap, well... I don't really give a rat's ass what a couple of normie MCU nucomers who posts "YAAAAS QUEEEN" on Twitter think about it. It's not like they're the ones buying the toys. Or the comics, for that matter. HYDRA!Cap is a perfect candidate for a new fig.

Is that a confirmation? Yes, that is a confirmation. It's been confirmed. It's a fact now. We're getting HYDRA!Cap. #FACT

...Seriously though, I'd love a HYDRA!Cap.

It's not just nucomers. I'm a very much wait and see the end of the story before judging it as either good or bad but it will be interesting to see how this is handled.

3 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

It's not just nucomers. I'm a very much wait and see the end of the story before judging it as either good or bad but it will be interesting to see how this is handled.

Eh, only nucomers are screaming at the top of their lungs for something as trivial as this. When a person throws phrases like "Captain America's the symbol of Freedom and Democracy", I'm 99.9% sure they're rather slow. 

I'm not talking about the ones who dislike the story. It's nothing special, and it's just Spencer using leftovers frm Hickman's work. But HYDRA!Cap is enjoyable, so I'm rding along. What irks me are the folks who never picked up a book, who haven't done their research, and are just going by the MCU and have now somehow claimed these characters as their own.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Nerd Culture becoming mainstream was the worst thing to happen for comics.

Does HYDRA Cap mean this?

387467_zpsds7ugyu3.jpg

Is that even a thing other than on variant covers? Or are we talking about the red, white, and blue version? Because while I hate the story (and I'm pretty sure I have enough comics cred to count as a real fan) I might actually buy the full HYDRA version of the costume.

24 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Eh, only nucomers are screaming at the top of their lungs for something as trivial as this. When a person throws phrases like "Captain America's the symbol of Freedom and Democracy", I'm 99.9% sure they're rather slow. 

I'm not talking about the ones who dislike the story. It's nothing special, and it's just Spencer using leftovers frm Hickman's work. But HYDRA!Cap is enjoyable, so I'm rding along. What irks me are the folks who never picked up a book, who haven't done their research, and are just going by the MCU and have now somehow claimed these characters as their own.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Nerd Culture becoming mainstream was the worst thing to happen for comics.

It's an interesting position to have that it is the worst thing to happen to comics but I'm more of the spectator boom of the 90's being the worst thing that happened to comics.

19 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Does HYDRA Cap mean this?

387467_zpsds7ugyu3.jpg

Is that even a thing other than on variant covers? Or are we talking about the red, white, and blue version? Because while I hate the story (and I'm pretty sure I have enough comics cred to count as a real fan) I might actually buy the full HYDRA version of the costume.

When people say HYDRA!Cap, they generally mean this costume:

2-13.jpg

And like I said, when I say nucomers, I'm not referring to the ones not liking the story. I'm talking about the ones who scream "MARVEL R NAZHIS", send death threats to the writer, wear shirts with "fuck Spencer" concards, etc, etc. Those are the MCU nucomers who somehow think they "own" the character. Liking the story, disliking the story, both opinions are valid. But the moment you write a piece on how Marvel just destroyed THE "Symbol of Freedom and Democracy", well...

1 minute ago, thereasonsy said:

It's an interesting position to have that it is the worst thing to happen to comics but I'm more of the spectator boom of the 90's being the worst thing that happened to comics.

It's a retread of that. Studios are putting out about 2 CBMs each on average, every year. At this point, we have blockbusters every month or so. This cannot be sustained for long, especially since the MCU is churning out meme-tier flicks, the DCEU is producing shit, and the FoxVerse is inconsistent. Add the sci-fi flicks, the video-game and pop culture adaptations, etc, etc, and you have film slates filled to the brim with identical movies.

Just like the 90s lead to the comics collapse, sooner or later, the movies will stop making the billions they are used to, and hopefully Marvel and DC will go back to producing comics first, and movies second. And movies that are actually different, and aren't there just to take money from old-school fans and the kiddies. As for the comics front, well, Marvel is publishing this, and the Tumblrinas are loving it, so honestly, I'd rather go back to the 90s:

yH9FJsk.png

tumblr_o3acl84gXZ1rsus6so1_500.png

So, yeah. Marvel's in the gutter, and their response is to do a half-assed REBIRTH (which is being given way too much credit by /co/). 

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

No, I mean it's in the mainstream news/podcasts and actually driving conversations about Comics and race. Here are some press clippings. 

http://time.com/4347224/captain-america-hydra-agent-marvel-tom-brevoort/

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/4/4/15169572/marvel-diversity-outrage-gabriel

http://nerdist.com/marvel-diversity-comics-david-gabriel-wrong/

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/apr/03/marvel-executive-says-emphasis-on-diversity-may-have-alienated-readers

And this isn't even bringing up the current X-Men fiasco. Just because something is talked about doesn't mean it's good.

Maybe I have no idea what " clap back" is, but if it means backlash, then no, the mainstream media is not responding negatively to Hydra Cap. Or you sent the wrong links, because apparently Time thought the story was interesting enough to do an interview on it, with zero criticism and only using the word Nazi once. 

Yeah, some more nerdish-friendly sites like AV Club and Mary Sue are covering some comic retailers' reactions to the Hydra costume campaign, but only because it's a story. Nowhere are numbers reported, and I would be interested to know the number of Hydra T-shirts sold to fans in the last ten years. Because I bet it's a lot.

The conversations about race you linked to have nothing to do with Hydra Cap, and everything to do with a public comment about sales. And we're making Kamala, Riri, and others, so we have no concerns there.

Whether it's good or not is an opinion -- the story is still being talked about, and it's a cool new costume. Anyone who thinks Cap is now a Nazi forever doesn't know that A. comic stories are rarely forever, B. in spite of some past Nazi members, Hydra's plan for domination is largely color-blind, and C. Cap has already been a Nazi, twice.

nazi-cap.jpg

cap-nazi.jpg