UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

28 minutes ago, Nessex said:

Yeah - he's kind of a kit-bashable character though.
Suit and a bald head, and you're done. The Wheelchair that came with DoFP Xavier is pretty perfect, too.

Personally, I think Xavier's prominent enough that he shouldn't need to be kitbashed.

And the DoFP wheelchair is pretty good, but the wheels don't turn, so it looks off if they weren't attached symmetrically. 

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my x-men display I have the original Xavier in my 60's x-men,  hover chair Xavier in my 90's x-men and future Xavier in his wheeled wheel chair in my movie display and I haven't been overly taken with the need for an update by any of them.

The blue suit from the Walgreens Coulson + Head from Hover chair Chuck + wheelchair from DOFP = a perfect classic Xavier. No need to waste a spot on an update. I also don't know why we would need an updated Magneto either, both the Dark Magneto and the Capcom vs Marvel ones are perfect. 

41 minutes ago, suicidewatch said:

The blue suit from the Walgreens Coulson + Head from Hover chair Chuck + wheelchair from DOFP = a perfect classic Xavier. No need to waste a spot on an update. I also don't know why we would need an updated Magneto either, both the Dark Magneto and the Capcom vs Marvel ones are perfect. 

And they're also extremely hard to come by

Edited by Gmonkey2k

35 minutes ago, suicidewatch said:

Yeah, I agree with this recipe. It's hard for me to justify a 4th or 5th Xavier when he is (easier) to recreate and has had several at bats.

This is my kitbashed classic Professor X:

2u40f3r.jpg

I used the 90s Professor X head (I took advantage of the headhole to throw in a Spider Sense effect as some kind of telepathy effect), the suit from The Puppet Master (It's the same mold as 90s Xavier and the color fits  the one he wore in Giant-Size X-Men, I just trimmed a little the jacket so he can sit properly) and the wheelchair from the original Chuck (because originally he used an old and plain wheelchair with no X-shaped braces on the wheels and a blanket over his legs).

Anyway, I wouldn't mind an updated one.

1 minute ago, NerdyTrev said:

What's wrong with the John Byrne FF from wave 48? Are those particularly difficult to locate?

Nothing wrong with her, but I'd like to display them in the traditional blue outfits.

In the meantime, I kitbashed a Invisible Girl using the "Best of" Mr. Fantastic torso (kinda unisex) and TRU Sue Storm head and limbs. 

2ex3oew.jpg

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I thought DST was still allowed to make F4 characters, and their exclusion was more of a suggestion than a rule.

I would believe it is a suggestion or off the books type of memo since Fox could theoretically sue Marvel for damages if this was true, 

1 hour ago, NerdyTrev said:

What's wrong with the John Byrne FF from wave 48? Are those particularly difficult to locate?

A quick look at ebay would indicate that these are now difficult to locate ( 4 years ago these landed ) ....unless you know another source other than ebay.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Nothing wrong with her, but I'd like to display them in the traditional blue outfits.

In the meantime, I kitbashed a Invisible Girl using the "Best of" Mr. Fantastic torso (kinda unisex) and TRU Sue Storm head and limbs. 

2ex3oew.jpg

Great picture .

but ....just look at that Thing minimate .........if ever there was a minimate that personified "so near yet so very far away" that guy would be that minimate .

I'm crying as I type .  

If a figure being no longer available was the only reason needed to make a new one, we'd have to remake pretty much everyone. Characters with face time on current comics, TV and movies will always get consideration over characters no one has heard from in a while, although unmade characters and characters whose figures need updating will also come before characters with decent figures.

3 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

A quick look at ebay would indicate that these are now difficult to locate ( 4 years ago these landed ) ....unless you know another source other than ebay.

Great picture .

but ....just look at that Thing minimate .........if ever there was a minimate that personified "so near yet so very far away" that guy would be that minimate .

WI'm crying as I type .  

Shameless Self promotion of my Thing with all the nooks filled black. I think he's pretty perfect now 

Edited by Heinous

16 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I just scored a full set of 48 from Kirin Hobby (online) for $34. I needed them for my C2E2 costume....