UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

4 hours ago, Roccothegreat said:

When is c2e2 again? Lol 

April 21-23.

I don't think it's surprising that we haven't had a Toad minimate. He's only really been importang as a member of the Brotherhood, and DST has yet to make a Brotherhood that he was a member of.

As for the crouch, minimates don't have double-hinged knees, but you can fake a crouch pretty well.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'm one of those hankering for a toad but the reason we might not ever get one is probably this.......... you can't pose a standard Minimate in a crouched position .

No crouch no Toad ........as in I wouldn't want one ,

If however someone decides to design one that could crouch ( someone needs to look at a Vorin minimate) then a purpose-made clear stand accessory is essential ......one that could pose him mid-leap . That would be toadly awesome.

Did you know ?  Frogs leap whilst toads generally crawl .

With that argument, we shouldn't have spiderman Minimates

One of Zach's clues was how it isn't title-specific and literally every guess has been a classic X-Men set. Since it's the 15th anniversary, I'd expect a mixture of characters. Toad will be there as well as a requested update and two requested new costumes. 

Just now, MisterPL said:

Moon Knight through the ages. We know. 

(And I'm with you!)

I was thinking Marvel Knights. Or Hulk. Or Thor. Or Daredevil. Or Captain America. Or Iron Man. Or Supernatural. Or Cosmic. Or even Modern X-Men. Just... not Classic, 60s-80s X-Men. Just... no... Like, are people excited about Green Quicksilver, Magneto Re-Do & Mastermind, if that means getting Toad? We get very few 4-packs compared to the old days, so such a set would make me extremelly dissapointed. Different tastes and all, I know, but...

PS: I wouldn't say no to an MK TTA set. Or any new TTA set for that matter. Considering centered waves like 24 have stopped,  we could use them...

28 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

One of Zach's clues was how it isn't title-specific and literally every guess has been a classic X-Men set. Since it's the 15th anniversary, I'd expect a mixture of characters. Toad will be there as well as a requested update and two requested new costumes. 

'Fraid you misread that clue, Trev.  Zach says it is title-specific, and the Toad clue has people guessing X-Men.

I can't say I particularly want Toad, but I've never been too shy about my general lack of interest in the X-Men. And I certainly would vote for a box set covering just about any area of the MU before the X-Men. I do prefer classic to more modern, since that's what I grew up with and the costumes of that era scream "superhero" to me. I find a lot of modern costumes are both too bland and too busy and just leave me unimpressed.  Add to the fact that, often, by the time figures are made for a costume, it's already been mothballed.

1 hour ago, Heinous said:

With that argument, we shouldn't have spiderman Minimates

We have no spiderman Minimates but we do have 74 versions of Spider-Man Minimates  .

My point is quite simply ......... if we're only going to get one 'Toad' then let's have it right first time .

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

'Fraid you misread that clue, Trev.  Zach says it is title-specific, and the Toad clue has people guessing X-Men.

I can't say I particularly want Toad, but I've never been too shy about my general lack of interest in the X-Men. And I certainly would vote for a box set covering just about any area of the MU before the X-Men. I do prefer classic to more modern, since that's what I grew up with and the costumes of that era scream "superhero" to me. I find a lot of modern costumes are both too bland and too busy and just leave me unimpressed.  Add to the fact that, often, by the time figures are made for a costume, it's already been mothballed.

Whoopsie-doodle. Sorry friends. Carry on with all your X-citement. I'd personally love a Brotherhood v X-Men box set! And now that we know that it's 50% bad guys, I'd think that Toad and Marvel Girl are on lock. I'd be between Juggernaut or classic Magneto for the one of the requested redo's. I can't really think of another classic X-Man that's a requested redo, though. 

On 3/21/2017 at 0:06 AM, spidermatt said:

So Is this box set a 15th anniversary box set?

I'd vote: Toad

Green Skirt Marvel Girl

Professor X (Black suit with a big yellow X on it)

First Appearance Quicksilver (Green Suit)

I love this scenario. :yes:

Hey yo,

So it sounds like we're down to some sort of combination of:

Toad / Marvel Girl / green Quicksilver / Prof. X / Magneto / Juggernaut

I really hope Toad and Marvel Girl are in.  I'd be okay with a green Quicksilver but I feel like it might be Prof. X and Magneto to add some more star power to the set.

Edited by MisterMiracle

9 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

I really hope Toad and Marvel Girl are in.  I'd be okay with a green Quicksilver but I feel like it might be Prof. X and Magneto to add some more star power to the set.

DST seem to believe in the star power of Jean Grey. She's got more minimates than any other female character from the MU. In fact, she has more minimates than Magneto or Xavier, too.  

7 hours ago, pjl80 said:

Ok, I've been to C2E2 every year since it started, but I've never taken part in any minimate meets or panel or whatever.  What's the skinny?

Regards the ...er....skinny ,research tells me that a sufficient reply might be along the lines of :

"..nuthin really just chillin ...."