UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MisterMiracle said:

I thought the last Juggernaut was perfect.  That's about as good as you can get with the 2" scale limits on Marvel.

I thought he was perfect until they made colossus juggernaut. The new chest cover is just begging to be used for 's real juggernaut 

I can easily see Toad and 70s Jean, but the other 2 elude me. which x-characters need and update or a classic costume? if we're getting Jean and Toad, i'd think we'd need some heavy hitters to carry it. maybe a updated White Queen? maybe updated wheel chair Prof X? the hero/villain ratio might help. 

On March 17, 2017 at 8:39 AM, DSTZach said:

One person guessed three of the four. But the fourth has been mentioned.

Not sure anyone has guessed anything from 24, 25 or 75, although 25 and 75 take inspiration from the earliest Marvel MM waves.

Are the sets from 24 and 25 from Toys R Us? Has LCS sets 74 and 75 been revealed? 

Juggernaut could definitely be improved with new less slanted boots, a helmet design which doesn't hide the face so much and some more details on the waist piece.

It's been 6 yrs (doesn't seem that long), its not easily available and he's a popular character.

I'll change my guess to: Toad, Hoodie Rogue, Marvel Girl, Juggernaut

16 hours ago, spidermatt said:

So Is this box set a 15th anniversary box set?

I'd vote: Toad

Green Skirt Marvel Girl

Professor X (Black suit with a big yellow X on it)

First Appearance Quicksilver (Green Suit)

No, Wave 75 and TRU 25 are 15th anniversary. The box set is unrelated, but classic and title-specific.

On 3/12/2017 at 11:12 AM, Ozymandias said:

Classic Brotherhood of the Mutants box-set

Toad (new classic character) / Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (two never-made classic costumes) and Magneto (one requested update, I think)

On 3/13/2017 at 4:59 PM, TENIME_art said:

90's X-Factor - Havok / Polaris / Wolfsbane / Strong Guy

On 3/14/2017 at 10:07 AM, NerdyTrev said:

Savage Land - Kazar / Zabu / Garokk / Savage Land Rogue. 

On 3/15/2017 at 9:43 AM, hellpop said:

Havok / Polaris / Strong Guy / Wolfsbane

On 3/15/2017 at 1:24 PM, JeffBohn said:

Night Thrasher / Nova / Speedball / Firestar 

On 3/15/2017 at 1:44 PM, hellpop said:

Classic Brotherhood of Evil Mutants: Magneto (requested update); Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch (classic costumes); and the Toad (new character).

On 3/16/2017 at 10:00 AM, fwoosheyman said:

Toad / Hoodie Rogue / Marvel Girl (Jean Grey) / Classic Wheelchair Xavier (Can't think of any other X-Men that haven't been updated/redone)

On 3/16/2017 at 10:18 PM, CortherX said:

Stryfe / updated Cable / X-Force Sunspot / Warpath

On 3/16/2017 at 11:22 PM, NerdyTrev said:

Lilandra / Deathbird / Gladiator / Shi'ar Soldier to act as a sort of army builder

On 3/16/2017 at 11:47 PM, RedTiger95 said:

Summers Family Boxset - Cyclops , Havok , Vulcan , Cable 

Those were all of the guesses before we heard "One person guessed three of the four. But the fourth has been mentioned."

Other hints from Zach:

"Box Set is one new classic character, two never-made classic costumes and one requested update, I think. Title-specific."

"Hellpop doesn't get it".

It sounds like either ozymandias or fwoosheyman might be the 3/4 correct.

Edited by MisterMiracle

I'd say the Shi'ar and Savage Land lists can be ruled out, since they have too many new characters. X-Factor too, since I can't see DST remaking Quicksilver this soon.

That leaves BoEM, New Warriors, classic X-Men, 90's X-Force, and Summers family. Out of those, I'd agree that BoEM or classic X-Men seem the most likely.

1 hour ago, MisterMiracle said:

"Hellpop doesn't get it".

sost.gif

That comment was in response to my joke that DST would make a Brotherhood of Evil Mutants set without Toad.  He, rather famously, was included on the original Marvel Minimates poster and is the last remaining character from that image not to be 'mated. That's also where Zach mentioned it being the 15th anniversary of Minimates, which makes me think that, yes, this set will probably include Toad. 

9 minutes ago, hellpop said:

That comment was in response to my joke that DST would make a Brotherhood of Evil Mutants set without Toad.  He, rather famously, was included on the original Marvel Minimates poster and is the last remaining character from that image not to be 'mated. That's also where Zach mentioned it being the 15th anniversary of Minimates, which makes me think that, yes, this set will probably include Toad. 

Hahaha, I know. I got your Toad joke and was hoping that Zach's comment implied that Toad is indeed one of the four for the box set.  I thought it would be funny to include that as an official hint. :)

Now I really want to see a Toad 'mated?  ...Did it just get weird?!

Edited by MisterMiracle

I still have a hard time believing people actually want a Toad minimate that bad. Yes, I understand he's significant, but what an awful costume and character in general. He's just lucky he was created in the '60s instead of the '90s or he'd get no respect at all.

2 hours ago, stack32 said:

I still have a hard time believing people actually want a Toad minimate that bad. Yes, I understand he's significant, but what an awful costume and character in general. He's just lucky he was created in the '60s instead of the '90s or he'd get no respect at all.

I was looking up toad earlier today and I have the same feelings about his costume. I want him but I hope when he's made that there's a classic look with parts for a modern look. While I'm thinking about it has anybody ever brought up frog man minimate? 

I think Toad is perfect for a minimate. He's the definition of 'toyetic'. He's bright and colourful, while also being a classic part of the MU.
The costume isn't sexy, but he's meant to be a sniveling court-jester-type circus performer. I'm really hoping we see him in the classic purple and orange/yellow duds.
A bonus head with a long tongue like what we saw for Venom back in the day would be cool too.  

Image result for x-men toad

2 hours ago, Nessex said:

I think Toad is perfect for a minimate. He's the definition of 'toyetic'. He's bright and colourful, while also being a classic part of the MU.
The costume isn't sexy, but he's meant to be a sniveling court-jester-type circus performer. I'm really hoping we see him in the classic purple and orange/yellow duds.
A bonus head with a long tongue like what we saw for Venom back in the day would be cool too.  

Image result for x-men toad

I'm one of those hankering for a toad but the reason we might not ever get one is probably this.......... you can't pose a standard Minimate in a crouched position .

No crouch no Toad ........as in I wouldn't want one ,

If however someone decides to design one that could crouch ( someone needs to look at a Vorin minimate) then a purpose-made clear stand accessory is essential ......one that could pose him mid-leap . That would be toadly awesome.

Did you know ?  Frogs leap whilst toads generally crawl .