UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Some great guesses! I think the entire box set has been named at this point.

I'm going to take this to mean that it is X-themed, since those have been the most recent guesses. "Hellpop doesn't get it" makes me think it isn't classic Brotherhood, so I'm fairly confident it'll be some variation on classic X-Men. I guess another 90's X-Force set could work, but I can't think of a Cable that needs a redo.

There have been a lot of X-Men 'mates lately, so maybe there should be more focus on other areas of Marvel, but outside of a couple of longshots there's nothing I'd like more.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

One person guessed three of the four. But the fourth has been mentioned.

Not sure anyone has guessed anything from 24, 25 or 75, although 25 and 75 take inspiration from the earliest Marvel MM waves.

How early is early? Like Daredevil and Hulk kinda early, or Spider-Man and X-Men...

On 3/15/2017 at 5:23 PM, JediJohnson said:

15th Anniversary; Waves 1,2,3 were released about the same time.

Wave 3 was Ultimate X-Men, so probably not a contender.

Wave 2 was Spider-man, DST always luvs them some Spidey.

Wave 1 was Mostly Daredevil, with a Hulk pack thrown in.

40 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

One person guessed three of the four. But the fourth has been mentioned.

Not sure anyone has guessed anything from 24, 25 or 75, although 25 and 75 take inspiration from the earliest Marvel MM waves.

So maybe:

Juggernaut/Classic Professor X (requested update)

Classic Marvel Girl (never-made classic costume)

(Brother)Hood Rogue (never-made classic costume)

Gladiator/Lilandra (new classic character)

Or:

Juggernaut/Classic Professor X (requested update)

BoEM Quicksilver (never-made classic costume)

BoEM Scarlet Witch (never-made classic costume)

Toad/Mastermind (new classic character)

I'm interested to see how closely 25/75 take inspiration from the first three waves. Red Daredevil, Hulk/Banner, classic Spidey, and Green Goblin all had very recent figures in the Greatest Hits waves. Carnage and Venom have had several new minimates in the last few years. Elektra, Kingpin, symbiote Spider-Man and Ultimate Wolverine have all had updates not too long ago, but I wouldn't say no to new ones. The Ultimate X-Men in general don't seem too likely either. However, yellow Daredevil is a fairly significant look that could definitely use an update. And along with Elektra, Kingpin, and maybe symbiote Spidey, it would be a good start to a "Marvel Knights" type wave.

Or it could be some redos to commemorate the longevity of the line.

I'd buy the hell of some Ultimate X-Men mates. If we get more X-Related stuff, can we please, pleeeease, get some modern-esque stuff? Morrison's New X-Men, the Bendis (crap story, but...) Bondage-Men, All-New X-Factor, Legacy Rogue, something! I know you folks love the old-school tights, but... I'm more of a "shiny and new" guy, so...

15 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

I'd buy the hell of some Ultimate X-Men mates. If we get more X-Related stuff, can we please, pleeeease, get some modern-esque stuff? Morrison's New X-Men, the Bendis (crap story, but...) Bondage-Men, All-New X-Factor, Legacy Rogue, something! I know you folks love the old-school tights, but... I'm more of a "shiny and new" guy, so...

I'd say the chances of getting much in the way of "modern but not current" comic 'mates is pretty low.

Although we are getting Now! Magneto...

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

33 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd say the chances of getting much in the way of "modern but not current" comic 'mates is pretty low.

Although we are getting Now! Magneto...

Yeah, well, bollocks to that I say! I can't handle more horrible tights with brights undies... At least I hope the Daredevil/Spider-Man/Marvel Knights/Whatever Wave/4-Pack/TRU/Whatever has some things that'll interest me more. Maybe a modern Typhoid Mary. Or some Post-2000 Spider-Man villains. Something!

Edited by Kostisfire

At this point, I think that there's a high possibility of the upcoming boxset being X-themed and probably something in the lines of "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" or "Friends and Foes".

I think that the characters with more possibilities of being included are:

-Toad (one new classic character, a long overdue character and the fact of Zach not bursting our bubble is a good signal)

-BOTEM Scarlet Witch (one of the two never-made classic costumes, she got a lot of exposition in the Avengers movies and fits the BOTEM theme)

-BOTEM Quicksilver (one of the two never-made classic costumes, the same as his sister)

-Marvel Girl (one of the two never-made classic costumes, she was highly requested recently and she complements the recent wave 68)

-BOTEM Rogue (one of the two never-made classic costumes, she was in Secret Wars and fits the BOTEM theme)

-Magneto (one requested update, it's been a long since the last one and maybe he could share some cool accessories with the one in TRU 23)

-Professor X (one requested update, it's overdue and complements the recent wave 68)

-Juggernaut (one requested update, I'm ok with the one in the Excalibur boxset, but I know it's difficult to get nowadays)

The best case scenario for me it'd be the one proposed by fwoosheyman (Toad, Marvel Girl, Rogue and Chuck), so I hope it's him who guessed three of four.

Anyway, we cannot discard the 90s X-Factor or the Shia'r/Dark Phoenix themes...

Edited by Ozymandias

It would be great if we could get Mastermind AND Toad, but we received a brief stating only 1 new character, right?

Having said that, a Green QS, Wanda, Toad, Magneto pack would be very welcomed. 
And a Mastermind/Miniskirt Jean would make a great TRU tie in :P

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I made one. I used a plain brown chestblock and legs, but black or gray would work too. I also used Captain Archer's hair, but SM3 emo Peter Parker would have been ideal.

Y'see Mastermind is within all our grasps without too much difficulty & I'm not wanting him any time soon if he's just going to be there just to make the numbers up . IF he was in a specific box set/wave with Pietro ,Wanda & Mortimer then I'd take him with open arms ........all or naught is buttheadsmate's choice.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:49 AM, buttheadsmate said:

It's difficult not to agree with that either ..........:D

DST do a pretty good job but it doesn't hurt to ask why ?.......... sometimes. 

I always start with "look how many Iron Man variations we've had "...........currently 71 . That's a lot of Iron Man .  I love Iron Man but that's a lot of Iron Man .

Each of us has our personal (Marvel especially for me) minimate grail & I understand that that figure might not be too 'commercial'  but there is a seriously long list of saleable missing characters . 

That said, I may well write my own comic series & get it published by Marvel ......seems easy enough from what I've seen recently .

it would revolve around a WW2 Nick Fury sans eye patch teaming up with a 60's Swordsman (Duquesne), Deathlok  & Green-skirted Marvel Girl going in search of Ghost Rider's motorbike which has been stolen by The Toad ,The Enchantress,The Executioner & The Super Adaptoid .   Not much of a plot ........ but that's the idea these days isn't it :whistling:

Once published I reckon ol' Chuck will never being saying never ....er....ever.

This ought to be in another thread ...there undoubtedly is one or was one but I'm happy here .

Wanda's original BOEM costume (correct me if I'm way off) merely had a mask that circled her face ....again I'm not sure if that's going to be enough to get her re-done ?

Pietro is a bit different ,green costume is iconic IMHO but when you consider that ol' butts first 'Marvel' read was Avengers #19 ,nigh on 50 years ago ,then you'll probably see why I'm so keen to get him & the real Swordsman :D.

Green-skirted Jean is another great memory for me ....unfortunately most of my X-Men comics featuring her in her mini-skirt  have had their pages stuck together for years:blush:

Toad just has to be made ....all I can think of for a reason that he's not been made is because of PC & his deformity.  I'm not kidding at this point.

Magneto ?  It's strange but true that the best Magneto we've ever had is the MvCapCom version . TBH  ...once more it needs to be asked "do we need another?" when that particular figure is nigh on identical to what Magneto wore in Uncanny X-men #5 ...check it out & come back to me.  

The 2nd. best Magneto (re his early look) would be his zombie version....mix & match everything except his bodyparts & you're in business .