UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally have no problems at all with the Excalibur Juggernaut, and think it's one of the better bulked up 'mates. Definitely think it looks better than the Colossus one.

X-Factor is an interesting conundrum.  On the one hand I'd be surprised if DST actually made them, but on the other hand DST does seem to have an endless fascination with that era of the X-books so it certainly seems possible. It does seem like a glaring omission, but considering that there's no big name characters on that team it probably would be a hard sell. Do a box set with Havok, Polaris, Strong Guy and Wolfsbane, then put Multiple Man as the army builder in a specialty wave.

I know this is probably a pipe dream for me, but any chance that a classic Black Panther (no cape or claws) makes it into this mix somehow?  I did a little acrobatics and almost made it fit Zach's box set description, though I am really reaching and came up a little short.  Man-Ape - new character.  Silver Age BP - classic character costume never made. Klaw - requested re-issue.  Still can't quite land on the second classic character with a never made costume.  And realize there's about a 0% chance of this being made now.  Maybe closer to the Black Panther movie...

I would like a new Black Panther; the first one is very flawed IMHO. And I agree, I'd like to see one that has blue highlighting (or is, really blue with black highlights, as he as often drawn). Can't agree that Klaw of all people counts as a requested redo, though.  As for villains, I think we're more likely to get Erik Killmonger than Man-Ape, since he'll be in the Black Panther movie.

"Box Set is one new classic character, two never-made classic costumes and one requested update, I think. Title-specific."

Night Thrasher.  Nova.  Speedball.  Firestar.  Made it work for New Warriors! 

In my dream, box set 2 would have the rest of the team.  Marvel Boy, Namorita, Silhouette and Rage.  Plus a Darkhawk/Sleepwalker two pack.  Sleepwalker wasn't in the New Warriors, but I want a pack with him and Darkhawk. 

My preferred costume choice is all over the place for the Warriors though (I want the later Nova, later Rage, earlier Marvel Boy (multiple head/cowl styles) Namorita with short and long hair), so even in my head it all falls apart.

Edited by JeffBohn

I'll bet you a Coke it's not the New Warriors.

Don't know if it's been guessed, but I'm gonna go with the classic Brotherhood of Evil Mutants: Magneto (requested update); Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch (classic costumes); and the Toad (new character).

11 minutes ago, hellpop said:

I'll bet you a Coke it's not the New Warriors.

I'll take that bet!  I don't think it will be, but if it was...  I'd be thrilled for a New Warriors set, AND I GET A COKE!  I wouldn't bet any more than that though.

Your guess makes more sense though.

And the 27th anniversary of New Warriors number 1... and 27+15 = 42, which is the answer to the Ultimate Question.  And DST has made Minimates for the Ultimates and the Question, so therefore New Warriors!

I'll shut up now.  For a little while.

5 hours ago, Kotter Comics said:

I know this is probably a pipe dream for me, but any chance that a classic Black Panther (no cape or claws) makes it into this mix somehow?  I did a little acrobatics and almost made it fit Zach's box set description, though I am really reaching and came up a little short.  Man-Ape - new character.  Silver Age BP - classic character costume never made. Klaw - requested re-issue.  Still can't quite land on the second classic character with a never made costume.  And realize there's about a 0% chance of this being made now.  Maybe closer to the Black Panther movie...

Actually, I'm kinda surprised they haven't made him in the animated line yet.  Seems like he'd be a prime candidate for Walgreens seeing as how he's in the movies and what-not.  Put him in a classic costume, or at least stripped down from the last version, and pair him with like an Evil Captain America or something.

2 hours ago, JeffBohn said:

Plus a Darkhawk/Sleepwalker two pack.  Sleepwalker wasn't in the New Warriors, but I want a pack with him and Darkhawk. 

Did we just become best friends?  Cause that's a pack I would DIE FOR!