UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Speculation

Kotter Comics

One of the things I've most enjoyed on this forum in the last couple of years was the educated speculation and build up leading to Wave 69.  Zach gave some great hints and the rest of us (mostly you all, not me) took it from there.  I noticed he dropped some similar pointers in one of the other thread regarding what Marvel characters might be revealed at C2E2.  So I figured a speculation thread here might be a good idea.  Here's what Zach said:

"(TRU) 24 is a couple of modern looks for already-made classic characters; one needed semi-classic update; and three never-before-made characters: one classic, one semi-classic and one brand new. Mixed titles.

Box Set is one new classic character, two never-made classic costumes and one requested update, I think. Title-specific."

So, what do you think?

Edited by Kotter Comics

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I remember Zach saying they were not going to focus on comic book Avengers in 2017.  So that leaves X-men,  Spiderman and various marvel characters(e.I Blade, Punisher, ooh maybe updated Ghost Rider(s).) I guess an Avenger or two could slip in (some of the,newer incarnationso of characters).

53 minutes ago, Kotter Comics said:

"(TRU) 24 is a couple of modern looks for already-made classic characters; one needed semi-classic update; and three never-before-made characters: one classic, one semi-classic and one brand new. Mixed titles.

Box Set is one new classic character, two never-made classic costumes and one requested update, I think. Title-specific."

Here's my top choices

One new classic character  =  Doc Samson 

Two never-made classic costumes  =  Speedball / Marvel Girl

One requested update  =  Ghost Rider / Iron Fist / Power man / Abomination

44 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Here's my top choices

Those would be nice, but no combination of them would be would be what I'd call "title-specific". I guess it could be Hulk-themed (since he's appearing in Ragnarok) with Samson and Abomination (plus classic She-Hulk?), but I can't think of an unmade classic Hulk variation to go with them.

I'm having trouble thinking of commonly requested redos besides the four you mentioned, Juggernaut, and some Spidey villains. Neither Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, or Power Man really have enough clout (or prominent secondary characters) to have their own box set, but X-Men with Juggernaut or Spider-Man with Shocker/Kraven/Electro/Scorpion/Vulture/Rhino could work.

A heroes/villains breakdown would be useful for these lineups.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

From the recent AskDST:

Jaylen C. 
Will you guys do a Minimate wave where there is a Robbie Reyes and Johnny Blaze 2-pack?

DSTChuck: I suppose it’s possible one or the other will show up in 2018, but I can’t guarantee you’ll get them both in one pack. 

From a previous one:

Kostis F.
Hey there! As we all know, the Netflix Marvel Shows are in full swing, and recently, Marvel’s EiC Axel Alonso said that going into 2017, the street level characters (Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, Misty Knight, etc.) will get more focus than ever. So, with Defenders and Iron Fist (plus maybe Punisher) also hitting in 2017, I was wondering what are the chances of you doing a “Marvel Knights” wave. I was thinking something like this:

LCS:

ANAD Daredevil/ NOW! 2.0 Bullseye

ANAD Misty Knight (as she appears in the Sam Wilson book)/ Ghost Rider (Reyes)

ANAD Luke Cage/ ANAD Iron Fist (Power Man & IronFist Outfits)

Armored/Balaclava Punisher (w/th extra t-shirt parts)/ Mr. Knight (w/th extra Khonshu head)

TRU:

Ghost Rider (Blaze & Ketch Parts)/ NOW! 2.0 Elektra

Thanks for reading!

DSTChuck: We have been talking about a wave like this of late, so I think something like it could be very possible in the future.

I won't make any guesses, because the clues are far too few, but street-level characters are a very big possibility now. I just hope MK & GR are included. But if I was forced to, I imagine TRU 24 would be something cosmic related (can kinda tie-in to Thor & GotG, but without overlaping with any product) and the 4-Pack could be some Spider-Man villains. I remember Zach saying this year would feature lots of villains.

2 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

Here's my top choices

Ugh, Doc Samson.  I know he is a part of my beloved Hulk-verse, but I always secretly wish Hulk would off him for good.

We need a good beefed up, old school comic, Emil Blonsky Abomination.

49 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Daredevil and his foes are woefully underrepresented. With The Defenders coming to Netflix, I can see a comic book tie-in that focuses on The Man Without Fear and villains like Lady Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, and The Owl.

Daredevil was one of the first titles I thought of (yellow Daredevil definitely needs an update), but that lineup wouldn't work since it has three new characters.

47 minutes ago, TheKrisLyons said:

New bullseye is a possibility, matching his ANAD look.

Bullseye's ANAD look is pretty close to his original design, so maybe that's the "semi-classic update" in TRU 24. 

classic x-men costumes that get a lot of requests that i can think of top of my head would be 70s Marvel Girl and hooded Rogue (add or take away a few pieces and you get modern Rogue). updated costumes could be any of the other 3 Uncanny X-Men from the Bendis era, since UXM Magneto will be hitting TRU a couple waves before that. god forbid we get Phoenix 5 Namor and Magik, ever. modern characters... there aren't really any new looks that i'd say need a new mate other than Psylocke... oh! maybe we'll get Monet, from Uncanny? she's semi classic, ehhh? she could even have alternate hands with... well, i won't spoil the story. i'd love a Monet tho.

Secret Empire and Cap's new costume do seem a good possibility, tho. from promo art alone we could get that new Iron Heart, Ms Marvel, Medusa, or a new Doctor Strange.

Marvel Now characters... updated look could easily be Mockingbird (tho she could be a classic too) or Spider-Woman. Hawkeye (Kate). a number of Inhumans. new Wasp. updated Wasp.

9 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Those would be nice, but no combination of them would be would be what I'd call "title-specific". I guess it could be Hulk-themed (since he's appearing in Ragnarok) with Samson and Abomination (plus classic She-Hulk?), but I can't think of an unmade classic Hulk variation to go with them.

What about a First Appearance hulk? Or we could get the full gladiator Hulk from Planet Hulk with weaponry and a helmet considering his appearance in Ragnarok is gonna be Planet Hulkish. 

4 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

What about a First Appearance hulk? Or we could get the full gladiator Hulk from Planet Hulk with weaponry and a helmet considering his appearance in Ragnarok is gonna be Planet Hulkish. 

A redo of FA Hulk would mean that Abomination wouldn't fit, and I wouldn't call Planet Hulk Hulk classic.

7 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

We should be getting a full gladiator Hulk in the Thor: Ragnarok assortment. He's pretty comic accurate.

7 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

A redo of FA Hulk would mean that Abomination wouldn't fit, and I wouldn't call Planet Hulk Hulk classic.

I dunno. The story is over 10 years old at this point and it's a fairly well-known look that even people who aren't necessarily comic readers might know from the inmates film since it's on Netflix. And its possibly the most well-known story the Hulk has ever starred in himself. When I ask people for Hulk stories to read, Planet Hulk is always mentioned first and then World War Hulk second. Often nobody can think of a third actual story that's a must-read (although sometimes they throw in a few of the Hulk-Wolverine incidents). If Hulk has a classic story at this point, Planet Hulk is it. 

Being "mixed titles" and given DST is constantly throwing us oddballs, TRU 24 could be literally anything, I suppose we'll have to wait for it being revealed at C2E2 or until we get more hints from Zach.

And about the classic title-themed box-set, I'm inclined to think it's either X-themed or Spider-themed. In the case it's X-themed, I'd like a classic Brotherhood of the Mutants box-set including Toad (new classic character), Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (two never-made classic costumes) and Magneto (one requested update, I think), but I see more likely a Factor X boxset with Havok and Polaris being the two never-made classic costumes, althought I'm having problems with Quicksilver qualifying as the "one requested update I think". 

I hope we get either Toad or Bulked-Up Abomination or even an updated Mary Jane out of this, but in any case, Zach teasing us never-before made classic characters and updates of classic characters really made my day.

Edited by Ozymandias