UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2017 - Stan's last con

So, C2E2 is a little over a month away, and I thought it was time for a thread about it. I am going again, and dragging my mom along again (actually she is as into it as I am and is planning 3 different cosplays this year). :)

It's probably too late, but this would be the perfect time for a Stan Lee con exclusive giveaway. C2E2 is allegedly his last con appearance. I know someone who is gathering 50 friends to cosplay as classic Marvel characters in an effort wo convince him to do a massive group photo. I hope to get my Galactus costume together too.

Hopefully Kingdom Hearts will be on display. I will bring salsa again!

Who all is planning to attend? What do you hope to see revealed? What is the likelihood of another meet-up?

As much fun as i have had the last few years, I will not be able to make it this year either... and if truth be told, not sure I'll be back any time soon, for this or any other convention.

I will still be looking forward to all the reveals, hopefully some good ones. I'd personally like to see some more movie licensed minimates stuff similar to Caddyshack, Elf, and hopefully Vacation (we need a Wally world Moose mug in minimates scale!) or even nostalgia based shows like The A-Team, or Dukes of Hazzard. Also, very curious to see Kingdom Hearts, I think I'll like the minimates from this series. Never played the games, but they look pretty colorful, plus Disney figs will be a welcome addition to me collection!

I would love to go since it is so close to home but my wife always has to 1/2 marathon or triathlon scheduled the same weekend.

I only live two to two and a half hours south of Chicago and yet I have never been able to attend C2E2. 

Honestly not sure, I need to see what's ready for the next (May) Previews. April will have SOME of the Dark Tower and Alien: Covenant Minimates, plus Iron Fist in full, so look for those later this month.

Some of it may be in the display case, but I suppose we could show off TRU Marvel 24 and the TRU exclusives for Homecoming and Pirates. Plus the next Marvel Animated assortment, but I may go sooner on that one. Maybe a Marvel box set?

Not sure of Kingdom Hearts status, but maybe!

22 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Honestly not sure, I need to see what's ready for the next (May) Previews. April will have SOME of the Dark Tower and Alien: Covenant Minimates, plus Iron Fist in full, so look for those later this month.

Some of it may be in the display case, but I suppose we could show off TRU Marvel 24 and the TRU exclusives for Homecoming and Pirates. Plus the next Marvel Animated assortment, but I may go sooner on that one. Maybe a Marvel box set?

Not sure of Kingdom Hearts status, but maybe!

These sound interesting, especially the Marvel box set (and TRU 24, but I bring up my issue with TRU too often as it is). Would this set be comic based?

6 hours ago, Lobsterman said:

I've had fun the last couple times I've gone, but unfortunately Chicago isn't in the cards for me this year. 

5 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

As much fun as i have had the last few years, I will not be able to make it this year either...

Well, fine. Rob, Zach, Trev & I will have our own reunion. With blackjack! And hookers!

TRU makes more Marvel MM possible (as does Walgreens), so no need to bring up issues when we're just talking about a cool reveal. :)

24 is a couple of modern looks for already-made classic characters; one needed semi-classic update; and three never-before-made characters: one classic, one semi-classic and one brand new. Mixed titles.

Box Set is one new classic character, two never-made classic costumes and one requested update, I think. Title-specific.

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

These sound interesting, especially the Marvel box set (and TRU 24, but I bring up my issue with TRU too often as it is). 

Let me know if you ever need help with the TRU stuff. 

The Marvel box set sounds like it will be good.  I'm looking forward to the new Walgreens stuff too.  Did we ever get the line-up for that?  I don't remember.

Edited by MisterMiracle

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

TRU makes more Marvel MM possible (as does Walgreens), so no need to bring up issues when we're just talking about a cool reveal. :)

24 is a couple of modern looks for already-made classic characters; one needed semi-classic update; and three never-before-made characters: one classic, one semi-classic and one brand new. Mixed titles.

Box Set is one new classic character, two never-made classic costumes and one requested update, I think. Title-specific.

I know TRU presence is great for minimates as a whole, I just wish TRU Canada would carry them.

As for speculation, I have no idea, but I'm very excited for new comic 'mates.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody going to C2E2 need any mates? I can bring stuff, if I have it, as long as I know what to bring. I know Zach doesn't have Cheshire Cat yet. Anyone else?