UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Logan

My wife and I just got back from seeing it and we both loved it. I think it is probably the best movie based on a comic book thus far. All the actors did an amazing job. I really hope this movie gets nominated for some awards in the future because it was that good. My wife said that it kind of sucks that it took this long for them to give us a rated R Wolverine movie. She would have liked to have seen the carnage that a younger,  fully healthy Wolverine could have inflicted on some bad guys. Go see it as soon as you guys can!

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this with some mates last week.
It's a shame that it took 3 films to get it right, but at least they did finally get it right.  Very enjoyable and a little bit moving too. 

2 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

I just got back from the theater. Is it weird that I have SUPER mixed emotions? I definetly acknowledge the beauty of the movie and recognize how wonderfully put together it is, but I'm not sure how much I liked it. 

I feel the same way. It was good for sure but I'm not feeling the super hype. I wasn't a fan of the main villain, I don't know how to do spoilers right now but I think you guys know what I mean.

47 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I feel the same way. It was good for sure but I'm not feeling the super hype. I wasn't a fan of the main villain, I don't know how to do spoilers right now but I think you guys know what I mean.

Do this but remove the spaces inside the brackets [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

I feel as if Caliban's death was near pointless as it didn't have any major impact on the story. Pierce jumped away and no one else significant was in the truck. I guess the blast was a minor distraction to X-24, but he still would've been impaled on the combine by the other guy's car. I don't know, I think it would've been more satisfactory to see him be rescued by Wolverine and join up with the New Mutants at the end.

Edited by NerdyTrev

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this last night with my 12-year-old daughter. (It was the first time she'd seen an R-rated movie in theaters.) We both enjoyed it and are looking forward to Laura's film franchise. Note to Christopher Nolan: This is how you do a dynamic young sidekick.

Oh, and who the hell comes in halfway through a movie just to text folks on their tablet? Not a phone, a tablet! It was all I could do to restrain myself from grabbing the glowing device of the moron in the front row and chucking it out the nearest door. This was a rage-inspiring movie. She got lucky.

8 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Oh, and who the hell comes in halfway through a movie just to text folks on their tablet? Not a phone, a tablet! It was all I could do to restrain myself from grabbing the glowing device of the moron in the front row and chucking it out the nearest door. This was a rage-inspiring movie. She got lucky.

this is a huge problem for me as well as of late. there isn't a time i've been to the movies without seeing at least 2 phones glowing like flashlights distracting me.  i've cut down my movie going 99% & it sucks but i cannot stand people in the movies anymore. talking on their phones whatever. im not paying $16+  to get distracted and annoyed. lol

Funny you mention this. I just went and saw Logan last night. Was maybe 15 in the theater? 3 had phones out. THE ENTIRE MOVIE!

It didn't distract me too much, but I am baffled that someone comes to the movies paying $15-20 and then plays on Facebook the whole time. Incredibly... 3 different people. Not of the same group.

I thought the movie was good, different than the usual stuff, nicely done. I dunno if I'd rave to everyone about it, but it was good. Certainly better than the last half dozen DC movies.