UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 2 hits September 26 or thereabouts. It's in the warehouse.

KH2_MM.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

I thought Muppets Minimates looked odd because they have noses but at least they ALL have noses.

Well, most of the Muppets were animals. But do Kermit and Scooter have noses, really?

Are Xenomorphs animals? Do THEY have noses? 

We've definitely established a precendent with Battle Beasts. Those humans also had no noses.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Well, most of the Muppets were animals. But do Kermit and Scooter have noses, really?

Are Xenomorphs animals? Do THEY have noses? 

No one nose, for sure.

I'm going to need at least...13 of Mickey so I can have an entire Organization XIII. Does Sora come with just the standard Kingdom Key, or will he have some new blades?

Can't wait to hear about series 3 as well. 💗

Just curious, I ordered a Sark and Space Paranoids Goofy from Luke's Toy Store as I am a fan of the original Tron movie.

Anyway, I am curious to know if anyone has noticed any paint errors on Sark.

The red design on his left upper thigh is partially missing.  The rest of the paint detail appears to be normal, from what I can tell.

I am not too worried as he was the set I had opened to display next to my Tron minimate from wave 1.  I will be ordering a second set to keep sealed.

However, after noticing the error on Sark, I then noticed the painting on my Tron's legs seems off as well.  All the details are there but they are skewed and not even.

Anyway, I am happy to have Tron as a minimate and same as Sark, only wish we could eventually get more from Tron in general.

Also, the Space Paranoids Goofy is much nicer in person than the online images made him out to be.

I'd gladly take a proper assortment of Tron Minimates, from either film. I've been hesitant to pick up the Kingdom Hearts versions.

I think a big problem with the Space Paranoids figures is that in series 1 Tron and Donald are a matte finish, but in series 2 Goofy has a metallic paint job and Sark is almost semi-gloss. They're still nice figures, I feel the line has been too lenient on Tron.

@DSTZach, any update on series 3? There were prototypes at Toy Fair, but they were mostly designs shown off before the first series came out. Any chance we might be seeing figures for KH3 like the Select stuff and that bust coming out?

@DSTZach thanks for the update.

sigh..... I think I was only one who bought these and was excited for more. I was really looking forward to getting Axl, Aqua, etc. 😪

guess I’ll have to be happy w what little we got.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: There needs to be actual KH characters and not just Disney, so Riku, Kairi, Organization XIII, FF characters, Ansem, Namine etc.

Wow, I didn't even realize wave 2 was out. It's no surprise to me that we might not see a wave 3; this was always a property that was going to struggle without TRU (or someone like Game Stop) to back it up. Honestly, as a backdoor to Disney Minimates it is/was a good idea, but otherwise I don't think it's really got the recognition to be a wide hit. I totally disagree that focusing on the non-Disney characters is a viable strategy; the driver for this line was ALWAYS going to be people buying these sets for Micky, Donald, and Goofy. I guess, if DST isn't going to be able to deliver recognizable versions of these characters anyway, thanks to the contract, it's probably best to move on anyway.

I just meant I'm not sure when they'll solicit. Series 3-5 are planned, with more Disney characters and some KH 3 looks. Not sure the Timeless River stuff or the various KH2 variants will ever happen, though.