UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Smashmaster12 said:

That Vinimate looks so good. I wonder if DST is going to re-use that sculpt a bunch for his Drive forms, at least they'd get some more uses out of it

I imagine we'd get a Sora variant each wave so I think this is possible, I also hope we get world variants of Sora like old toon Sora, NBX Sora, Lion Sora, and Tron Sora. I also hope we get a few Organization 13 members each wave because their bodies can be reused since it's just a hood.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Not sure. If the lineup has changesd significantly, maybe not. Not all in-game characters are available to us, sadly.

I'd be really interested in knowing how the process for this goes. I wonder if it's certain FF characters (Or all of them), Disney characters DST already have the license to, or something else.

Either way, I don't mind waiting for these. I know you guys are working hard and they're gonna turn out great.

On 6/8/2017 at 6:19 PM, DSTZach said:

Not sure. If the lineup has changesd significantly, maybe not. Not all in-game characters are available to us, sadly.

Well this is a nice change of pace, we get a heads up before investing in a line that it will most definitely be incomplete. I appreciate this. 

1 hour ago, arnim zola said:

Well this is a nice change of pace, we get a heads up before investing in a line that it will most definitely be incomplete. I appreciate this. 

What would a complete line look like for KH2? 50 characters? 60? I can't get an accurate reading on the number of worlds they visit. 

Obviously, if the line did well, we would look into adding characters. It's obviously a complex game in terms of rights and usage.

But the fact that full worlds of NBX and Pirates Minimates already exist is a pretty good start.

Edited by DSTZach

Depends on what's considered "complete." For someone like me, I'd consider a complete KH2 line to be something like this:

-The KH original characters (Sora, Riku, Roxas, Xemnas, etc.) Extra members of Organization 13 could be pack-in heads for members that are made

-Disney characters integral to KH as a whole (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Yen Sid)

-Party members from Disney worlds and their respective villains (Tron Vs Sark, Aladdin Vs Jafar, etc.)

-Noteworthy FF characters (Cloud & Sephiroth would be the big ones. Auron from FFX also appears as a party member in-game, so I'd consider him to be important)

Not counting Heartless, Nobodies, NBX, Pirates, every single member of Organization XIII, or various variants of Sora and his friends, that's about 30-ish unique named characters of 'great' importance

Edited by Smashmaster12

16 hours ago, Smashmaster12 said:

Depends on what's considered "complete." For someone like me, I'd consider a complete KH2 line to be something like this:

-The KH original characters (Sora, Riku, Roxas, Xemnas, etc.) Extra members of Organization 13 could be pack-in heads for members that are made

-Disney characters integral to KH as a whole (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Yen Sid)

-Party members from Disney worlds and their respective villains (Tron Vs Sark, Aladdin Vs Jafar, etc.)

-Noteworthy FF characters (Cloud & Sephiroth would be the big ones. Auron from FFX also appears as a party member in-game, so I'd consider him to be important)

Not counting Heartless, Nobodies, NBX, Pirates, every single member of Organization XIII, or various variants of Sora and his friends, that's about 30-ish unique named characters of 'great' importance

This sounds more like what a complete line for Kingdom Hearts is to me. Though I'll admit I can go without the Final Fantasy Characters if I have to as long as I get the main cast of Hearts and the Disney partners and villains (plus Maleficent as she didn't have a specific partner to fight her with in KH2. In the first one I guess it would be Beast)

EDIT: and each of the Disney world character packs should have that world's Keyblade packed in because I say so. 

Sora also should get his drive forms and pack in with those some of the non-Disney Keyblades. 

Edited by Trekker 42

30 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

This sounds more like what a complete line for Kingdom Hearts is to me. Though I'll admit I can go without the Final Fantasy Characters if I have to as long as I get the main cast of Hearts and the Disney partners and villains (plus Maleficent as she didn't have a specific partner to fight her with in KH2. In the first one I guess it would be Beast)

EDIT: and each of the Disney world character packs should have that world's Keyblade packed in because I say so. 

Sora also should get his drive forms and pack in with those some of the non-Disney Keyblades. 

There's also Soras forms like his Lion form, NBX costume, Underwater form, Old Cartoon form, ect. None of those are necessary but they'd be pretty cool; I'd also like to see an almost complete Organization Xlll roster since those characters have some of my favorite designs and they'd bee fairly simple to make with all the reuse that could be done/

30 characters is certainly feasible if the line does well.

Not every Disney world is available to us, but I believe Tron is, and NBX and Pirates are obviously covered elsewhere.

We had one Org 13 member at the show, and it wasn't even Roxas, so I'd say the potential is there for more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hesitation was due to a revision of our MM line plan, and a desire not to overwhelm the approvals process with a third line of product. Selects take precedent due to multiple outlets having interest. Minimates will come, but without a firm release date for the third game, there is no rush.