UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So what's the general consensus on this? Is it even worth checking out? I've heard mixed reviews but when I saw Singer was attached to it I have to say whatever hopes I had for it were kinda ruined. It's a cool idea for a show, but I'm betting it's poor execution. Kinda like singer's last attempt at handling an X-men movie...

I'm not much of an X-Men fan and certainly no fan of Singer's. He's a capable director but I can't forgive him for turning Superman Returns into a chick flick.

What I've seen of Legion compels me to give it a try. I'm up for being pleasantly surprised. Expectations managed.

I recommend watching this. If the first episode is any indication,  this series will be awesome. The guy that did Fargo series is doing it. Singer or Schuler-Donner don't have much to do with it. Kinda like Lucas and the new Star Wars. Advice here and there but no real involvement. 

I thought the pilot was excellent. it's extremely strange and trippy and unlike any comic book show on tv. i'm not sure if this show really has much connection with the X-Films at all, as it seems to take place in the 1970s with a very retro-futuristic look (think Stanley Kubrick's Clockwork Orange aesthetic). i like that you don't really know what the hell is going, since our main character is a literal crazy person. it's only 1 episode in and i already like it better than all the Netflix shows (other than Jessica Jones). hopefully the series will keep the weirdness of the pilot going forward. i have a feeling this show is gonna be divisive as hell. It was definitely not made for 30 year old dudes in Deadpool t-shirts. It's for people looking for something different from their comic book films/shows.

also Singer has little to nothing to do with the show. he's just an executive producer, which doesn't mean anything. 

Edited by suicidewatch

5 hours ago, suicidewatch said:

I thought the pilot was excellent. it's extremely strange and trippy and unlike any comic book show on tv. i'm not sure if this show really has much connection with the X-Films at all, as it seems to take place in the 1970s with a very retro-futuristic look (think Stanley Kubrick's Clockwork Orange aesthetic). i like that you don't really know what the hell is going, since our main character is a literal crazy person. it's only 1 episode in and i already like it better than all the Netflix shows (other than Jessica Jones). hopefully the series will keep the weirdness of the pilot going forward. i have a feeling this show is gonna be divisive as hell. It was definitely not made for 30 year old dudes in Deadpool t-shirts. It's for people looking for something different from their comic book films/shows.

also Singer has little to nothing to do with the show. he's just an executive producer, which doesn't mean anything. 

I like trippy stuff but I also like it to be well done and not just for some gimmick. But idk if i can dig it since I have a deadpool shirt... Although I'm definitely not 30, haha.

• 1 month later...

Oh my I have really been enjoying this, Also it seems to be a text book example of how a show should handle pacing and information revelation. I was concerned about the idea of an "unreliable narrator" which I was taking as carte blanche for the writters to do what they want, but it is being handled super well.

• 2 weeks later...