UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2017 Anyone?

hellpop

>Nervous is into GI Joe.

>GI Joe features a wide variety of charactes in millitary esque outfits, and deals with the themes of patriotism, terrorism, politics and good ol'balls-to-the-wall action (also there are giant robots if you count the Transformers crossovers).

>The VG license is an evergreen franchise.

>MGS is an evergreen franchise that's the most like GIJOE.

>Therefore, the VG license is MGS.

I have arrived at a certain conclusion.

>Case: Cracked.

>The cat: Out of the bag.

>Me: Done.

I fabulously exit the thread.

tumblr_m82nipSPcq1rp94m5.gif

Kidding aside though, the one license Nervous guessed is God of War (I went back to the speculation post and scoured for posts... oh some on, it's not that creepy in context...), but Zach said "you might enjoy", hence it's something he's basing on the things Nervous likes in general. Most of his customs are Golden Age characters, pulp heroes and as mentioned before, GI Joe. So the first thing that I thought of that fit all the clues is MGS. We'll see though, I guess.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I... don't see the confusion. Zach said this:

16 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I think the video game license MIGHT appeal to you, Nervous. Fingers crossed.

He's talking about Nervous. I follow him on Flickr, and the majority of his customs are related to MotU, Indie Heroes & GI Joe. Here's the link, 'cause they're all damn brilliant (especially the Indie Heroes & the Charitymates from a while back) and deserve to be seen (they're also in his CustomsThread here, so go take a look): Flickr Page

Anyway, cross reference that with all the other clues from Zach (not MK or AC, evergreen franchise with no new game in 2016 or 2017), and MGS fits the bill, as it's similar to GI Joe, and to it could be deemed as something NervousRex might enjoy, purely from a hypothetical standpoint. It could, say, be Elder Scrolls, as it's got a fantasy setting which could have a connection with MotU, but I think MGS has bigger chances. Or it could be something totally different, who knows? At first I had my money on MK, then on AC, and now on MGS. We'll see I guess.

Edited by Kostisfire

Curses+foiled+again+_b1a9523d047b102ce85

I, uh, I'm out of ideas. Only Nintendo remains, but most the franchises are getting new games. What is an evergreen franchise, without new games in 2016/2017, with colorful characters in it (some being recognizable)?

PS: I don't know whether NR likes MGS, I just figured that you were dropping a hint, since GI Joe & MGS can be similar at times.

Edited by Kostisfire

Super Smash Bros would be nuts. I've always wanted a line dedicated to this since I was much younger. World of Nintendo has gotten close, but still not exactly what I hope for. 

Started collecting Mega Bloks 80s TMNT because I don't watch the new show and wasn't feeling like the TMNT mates were filling that void. Maybe we'll get that. The new VG license could be something pretty incredible. My guess is Mega Man due to the anniversary. Even Action 66 is doing a set for that. My guess for licenses had to do with Voltron, but not exactly video game. 

Nintendo would be incredible, but I just don't see it. Maybe. That's just such a wide investment and, while it would be probably successful, is hard to imagine when it comes to a blocky Bowser or DK. 

On 2/10/2017 at 7:11 PM, DSTZach said:

I think the video game license MIGHT appeal to you, Nervous. Fingers crossed.

On 2/11/2017 at 1:01 PM, DSTZach said:

I don't know that I knew that Nervous liked Half Life or MGS, but it is neither. I just meant it was colorful, and had some recognizable characters in it.

:splode:Toyfair 2017- A New Hope ...... please don't tease me like that, Zach ... I have officially swung my leg back to the minimates side of the fence ... but, I'm still not on the ground yet... I'm pretty sure Zach has my tastes mostly figured out.

Fine Detective work, Kostis, and thanks for the props...

For the record, I haven't played MGS since the very first one, and I don't know what half life is.

I do like colorful, and feel if this is the case, then I will more than likely be on board. I also like recognizable characters (but also love generic no name guys as well) My issue a lot of the time has to do with Color, and the more realisticly, toned down style of all the movie/TV mates the last few years has not been my cup of tea. I love the muppets, Thundercats, DC and a lot of the comic marvel stuff because they are very colorful. I think minimates look the best with a lot of bright, pops of color. So, I will be anxiously, and more excitedly waiting for the reveals this year... I'm not making any more guesses, because i tend to hype myself up for an eventual dissapointment, so bring on the mates!

-Fingers still crossed :P

Thanks for taking the time to post Zach!

Edited by Nervous Rex

I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree with this video game license.  Remember that: Chuck's not a gamer, so he's not going to be familiar with a lot of these properties you guys know; he doesn't think of DST as a video game company; DST has never had a big hit with a video game set or wave, and some of the (anecdotally) worst selling 'mates are from video games.  My guess is that DST is going to move something more family friendly, like Plants vs Zombies: think Sonic, Zelda, or Mario. Colorful characters that have an audience beyond hardcore gamers.

On 2/11/2017 at 1:01 PM, DSTZach said:

I don't know that I knew that Nervous liked Half Life or MGS, but it is neither. I just meant it was colorful, and had some recognizable characters in it.

Damn!  My top two choices were Mortal Kombat and MGS.  Now that they have both been ruled out...I'm not as excited for this videogame license reveal anymore unless...did we already rule out Street Fighter???