UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2017 Anyone?

hellpop

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If DC Minimates are part of our current license, or definitely happening because of Vinimates, I have not been told. At the same time, I would not say that the existence of them hinges on the success of Vinimates, either. I don't know what Vinimates people are seeing on clearance, but we have a lot of new, arguably stronger licenses now, and plenty of retailer support for them, so I think they have a bright future.

13 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Kingdom Hearts huh?

Well it certainly kicks f**king ass, but it totally had a new game release. YOU LIED TO US. BUT ITS OKAY BECAUSE IT MEANS KINGDOM HEARTS MINIMATES. WHICH IS AMAZING EVEN IF I REALLY WAS HOPING FOR GOD OF WAR.

Not sure I would count the mostly repackaged KH 2.8 as a new game, but I'm also not even sure I knew about it when I said that, so fair enough. I'm not counting KH3, which has no release date.

12 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

I feel like i'm the only person that does like KH.

Not sure if you meant "does" or "doesn't," but either way I don't think you're alone! Plenty of lovers and haters here. I personally don't get what there is not to like about it, since it casts a wide net, but hopefully the designs and/or characters capture everyone's interest. I've never played, and would not call myself a fan, but famous cartoon characters, movie characters and anime-type character work for me!

This is teen me's dream license, Zach. Can you tell us if it'll span all of the games (hopefully) I have trust issues with jumping into toy lines when I'm not sure about the longevity and run of them. That's one of the reasons I'm fully on board with Marvel. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

19 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

If DC Minimates are part of our current license, or definitely happening because of Vinimates, I have not been told. At the same time, I would not say that the existence of them hinges on the success of Vinimates, either. I don't know what Vinimates people are seeing on clearance, but we have a lot of new, arguably stronger licenses now, and plenty of retailer support for them, so I think they have a bright future.

So...you're telling me there's a chance?!  Yeahhhhh!

Toys R Us clearanced down the Ghostbusters Vinimates and Think Geek clearanced down their Predator (and I want to say Alien) Vinimates.  There always seems to be the same amount every time I go to those places. I know we can't have Marvel Minimates that are over 2" tall but is there a way to get Marvel Vinimates or is that off the table?

No Marvel Vinimates planned. I assume for the same kinds of license restrictions that keep us from doing DC Minimates. We work with what we have.

I believe the KH license is for KH1, or at least that is our initial focus. We have four waves of 2-packs planned out, including TRU exclusives. Hopefully that's incentive enough for people to give it a chance. I believe FF characters are part of it, but we'll see.

2 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

Am I the only one who noticed National Lampoon's Vacation merch? Is it too much to hope for minimates, or at the least, vinimates? I just so happened to write into ask DST about this property.........

Also, are Elf mates still happening?  was hoping to see some on display.

I could do some Holiday Merch from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, for sure. 

So KH1. That could cover a lot of ground with 4 waves, but I would expect a Sora, Donald, and Goofy variant in almost every wave. This also means Organization IIIX is out, so slight bummer there. Maybe they'll make the tiny heartless a snarf-esque choice to save some main slots. Still so thankful to be getting this. Cloud sounds so possible. 

Hey Zack I don't post here often, I tend to lurk but when I saw you guys were doing KH Minimates I just had to come in and say thank you. This has been a pipe dream of mine ever since I started collecting 'mates back in TRU Wave 8. Do you know if you guys are able to do Heartless (the enemies of the game) or is it just Disney and main characters.

18 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Is this all the minimates news are we are getting out of TF17?

I cannot say with full confidence that all news has been conveyed to the populace by the media, but given that said gathering ended several hours ago, I would gather that no more news shall be forthcoming, by your leave. 

Dark Tower, Alien Covenant, Kingdom Hearts, Iron Fist, Spider-Man Homecoming, TMNT Classic, GOTG2 Ego and Ayesha, NBX Series 4 2-packs... I think that covers it. 

Edited by DSTZach

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Considering it ended several hours ago, yes. 

Dark Tower, Alien Covenant, Kingdom Hearts, Iron Fist, Spider-Man Homecoming, TMNT Classic, GOTG2 Ego and Ayesha, NBX Series 4 2-packs... I think that covers it. 

I like the announcements made at Toy Fair, lots to look forward to.

I'm still hoping for some more Beetlejuice and Gotham minimate news in the near future. :)

16 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Considering it ended several hours ago, yes. 

Thanks for the snark and the confirmation.

I really liked this Toy Fair for DST. I can't wait to start adding the classic TMNT sets to my collection and the Kingdom Hearts announcement is nothing short of awesome. I never could get into the KH games, but I love the Final Fantasy series, (well, up to 12 at least, haven't played any since then). The thought of getting FF characters in Minimate form is just so cool. And the Disney stuff will be gravy. Pure Tron gravy.

The only problem I saw was the glaring lack of announcements or prototypes for a 10 wave assortment of Twin Peaks minimates. I'm just chalking that up to it being a busy show and those no good prototype painters not finishing up in time.