UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2017 Anyone?

hellpop

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry people are disappointed. Hopefully people realize this is another step in that direction, and success can mean more doors opening.

Vinimates are still newish, but they are gaining in traction with new licensing, and retailers are definitely responding, we have some good ones on board.

I'll push Chuck for a Giganta or Chemo or Atom-Smasher, so the DC fans have something to add to their displays. :D

Can't wait to show you guys Kingdom Hearts, but it can't be shot yet. Hopefully soon!

18 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Sorry people are disappointed. Hopefully people realize this is another step in that direction, and success can mean more doors opening.

Vinimates are still newish, but they are gaining in traction with new licensing, and retailers are definitely responding, we have some good ones on board.

I'll push Chuck for a Giganta or Chemo or Atom-Smasher, so the DC fans have something to add to their displays. :D

Can't wait to show you guys Kingdom Hearts, but it can't be shot yet. Hopefully soon!

soooo Kingdom Hearts is a new Property....??? :o

20 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

So KH is the VG license? Well, congrats on whoever mentioned it first. I can't say this makes me go nuts, since I never got into JRPGs, but hopefully it'll give us some cool looking classic Disney characters.

Bummer about the Vinis, but eh, baby steps are better than no steps. I'd take an Anti-Monitor, truth be told.

Are there any new Marvel stuff to be shown?

49 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

So KH is the VG license? Well, congrats on whoever mentioned it first. I can't say this makes me go nuts, since I never got into JRPGs, but hopefully it'll give us some cool looking classic Disney characters.

Donald and Goofy are in their KH gear, but Jafar, Tron and Sark are pretty movie-accurate.

49 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Are there any new Marvel stuff to be shown?

Netflix Iron Fist set (3 of 4 figures), GOTG2 Ego and Ayesha, Spidey Homecoming (6 of 8 figures)

13 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Donald and Goofy are in their KH gear, but Jafar, Tron and Sark are pretty movie-accurate.

Netflix Iron Fist set (3 of 4 figures), GOTG2 Ego and Ayesha, Spidey Homecoming (6 of 8 figures)

I was hoping for classic versions, but I'll take anything Disney Duck related. 

I imagine it's the costumed IF that's left out. I was hoping for some Ragnarok news, but I'm looking forward to seeing Homecoming's Vulture.

I was really hoping there would be some new comic Marvel stuff, but I'm still excited to see the new releases. Presumably the two unshown Homecoming characters will be the Shocker and the Tinkerer.

No DC Minimates is a shame, but not really unexpected.

KH could be very interesting. I hope we see them soon.

Zach, can you say if Marvel series 75 is planned for release this year?

I gotta say I'm worried about the whole Vinimates first Minimates later thing that seems to be happening more and more.  I think the Vinimates look cool but I haven't bought any yet. The ones I've seen are already clearanced down at both Toys R Us and Think Geek.

I think a lot of people are going to have their pitchforks out if we don't get Minimates for a license due to poor sales of Vinimates.

I'm not super excited for Kingdom Hearts (MK, MGS or Simpsons would've been cool), but I'm interested to see what the Disney guys look like.

Guys... has there been a property yet where Vinimates were made where Minimates aren't at least planned?  Relax a little bit. Zach obviously can't say if Minimates are coming, but I think we should all feel pretty comfortable of the chances.  If the summer con season comes and goes and there's no word about more DC Minimates, then you should panic.  But right now we should all take this as a good sign and have some patience.

I'm not a big fan of Vinimates myself, which is strange since I like both Pops and Minimates, but they have undoubtedly been successful in attracting more retailer and licensee attention.  The vinyl figure market is much bigger than the minifig market, so if Vinimates are what it takes to draw attention to the smaller version than so be it. Plus, Vinimates give DST another product to make, and as we know acquiring a license just for Minimates isn't cost effective. If Vinimates changes that equation, more power to them.

On Kingdom Hearts...it's funny, I never heard of this until the other day, when Funko announced products for it.  I just assumed it was a movie or TV show coming out that I'd not heard of. :D But looking at the character lists this morning this looks like a great get, as it seems like every Disney character under the sun has been in these games. And yes, I imagine Nervous is familiar with most of them.:lol:

Good work DST! I look forward to photos from the booth later today.

Gonna feel like a real party pooper for saying this, but I'm actually disappointed :(

I got my hopes too high for the VG license, and I got burned because of it. I have ZERO interest in KH.

Unfortunately the only things that really caught my eye were the Retro Deadpool Set #2 and the 80's turtles.

Thanks at least for the second Deadpool set, DST. Looks pretty great.