UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2017 Anyone?

hellpop

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i'll have to switch out my current Bebop, Rocksteady (he can't be far behind) Casey and April for these new ones. i never got too into the new tmnt series, but bought some of the mates out of nostalgia and have them up across my computer screens at work. the Turtles are close enough for me, but the other characters look very different from the cartoon i grew up watching and the action figures of which i had all.

9 hours ago, hellpop said:

Hey Zach, can you tell me if you guys have the rights to make Usagi Yojimbo in the Turtles line at some point?  I don't need you to make him now, I just need to know if it's possible.

I don't believe those rights would ever be packaged together. So it would need to be a separate conversation, and probably a double royalty situation, which is tough at this price point 

53 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I don't believe those rights would ever be packaged together. So it would need to be a separate conversation, and probably a double royalty situation, which is tough at this price point 

Understandable. Though Usagi was in the original 80s figure lineup which I believe retailed for quite low costs too.

2 hours ago, TheAnvil said:

Understandable. Though Usagi was in the original 80s figure lineup which I believe retailed for quite low costs too.

Back then and in 2K3, Stan basically just gave up Usagi for free because he was friends with Peter Laird and thought it was cool if his stuff appeared in another medium (both toons and toys) and although Usagi is supposed to show up in the new Nick show, I believe that deal is likely structured much differently. IE: Stan's been asked for the character's use and is probably getting paid and licensed separately.

But that's just a guess.

Zach did say they acquired a VG (I think) license that'd start with Vinimates and expand towards Minimates. It was when the PotC & DT lines were revealed. I doubt the VG license is Arkham (in that case everyone and their mother would go bonkers over it), but I think something's brewing here...

Imagine if DST managed to snag the vinyl thing from Mezco, but can't produce any minimates. Now that'd be the ultimate "noooo" moment.

PS: There's also that license expansion, that most assumed was Alien Covenant, but it was never confirmed. 

Edited by Kostisfire
Thank goodness for the PC's large screen, 'cause Autocorrect was going nuts.

It's worth noting that this Superman is based on the Rebirth design that debuted when Rebirth started. If it's any indication, they'll probably start with those costumes, be it Vinimates or Minimates. What I find rather interesting, is that they've got the license for Movies, Comics, Games & Shows all at once. I think DC Minimates aren't a dream anymore...