Toyfair 2017 Anyone?

hellpop

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

It's not Megaman.

I think Nervous knows most of the characters in the game.

Sooooooo, Smash then!

And, for the people who wanted it to be MGS. Snake was is Smash too!

Edited by Gmonkey2k

On 2/10/2017 at 4:11 PM, DSTZach said:

I think the video game license MIGHT appeal to you, Nervous. Fingers crossed.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:01 AM, DSTZach said:

I don't know that I knew that Nervous liked Half Life or MGS, but it is neither. I just meant it was colorful, and had some recognizable characters in it.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Nerv, buddy, at this point I think the success or failure of this line hinges entirely on you. Chuck will be sitting by the phone waiting for your call.  :D

I was actually positive it was mega man, so that's a bummer. Or at least stumps me. 

I want Smash. Smash is also my last guess because it's too good to be true. Colorful as all hell, very recognizable on several levels, but how large of a blanket is that license? Smash would open doors to Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Mario Bros, etc. 

Nervous, what are you into, man? I'm calling Kingdom Hearts, looking through the thread. Except, when is 3 coming out? Is it this year?

Edited by Josh2382

2 hours ago, Josh2382 said:

I was actually positive it was mega man, so that's a bummer. Or at least stumps me. 

I want Smash. Smash is also my last guess because it's too good to be true. Colorful as all hell, very recognizable on several levels, but how large of a blanket is that license? Smash would open doors to Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Mario Bros, etc. 

Nervous, what are you into, man? I'm calling Kingdom Hearts, looking through the thread. Except, when is 3 coming out? Is it this year?

2.8 came out this year. Which has new content so it counts. Sorry, but not KH. 

I know it's probably not BioShock, but I would literally cry tears of joy if it was. BioShock is far and away my favorite video game franchise of all time. The aesthetic would fit in very well with MiniMates in my opinion.

That said, it's probably Smash...

I'm guessing Kingdom Hearts. With multiple classic Disney characters, Square-Enix Final Fantasy characters, and multiple versions of the Kindgom Hearts characters it is all win. Besides who wouldn't want to add the NBX versions of Sora, Goofy and Donald Duck to their displays?

6 hours ago, Lobsterman said:

Nerv, buddy, at this point I think the success or failure of this line hinges entirely on you. Chuck will be sitting by the phone waiting for your call.  :D

lol, I now know how Kevin Costner felt in Swing Vote......... After looking through all the candidates, I'm pretty sure I know who I'd vote for in this election... Time to draw the curtain to my voting booth ... I guess we'll find out on Saturday .....:whistling:

ps..... this is fun!

2 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Anyone have any good Twitter feeds to recommend for toy news? I've only been on Twitter for a few months so I don't know all the best industry accounts.

On Twitter, I most use Marvel Toy News, Toyark and the companies themselves. Toynewsi and Marvelousnews are good too.

6 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

lol, I now know how Kevin Costner felt in Swing Vote......... After looking through all the candidates, I'm pretty sure I know who I'd vote for in this election... Time to draw the curtain to my voting booth ... I guess we'll find out on Saturday .....:whistling:

ps..... this is fun!

No, the in thing is to take a selfie of you voting that shows your selections!  

Nervous, what the hell are you so into that isn't Mortal Kombat, Metal Geat Solid or Mega Man, yet is colorful.  Give us the deets already. :)

Edited by MisterMiracle

16 hours ago, DSTZach said:

It's not Megaman.

One last thing about how its Smash Bros. 

All of the other games are pretty linear. You know the characters

Smash, on the other hand, has characters from a bunch of different games that he might not know.

Edited by Gmonkey2k