UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2017 Anyone?

hellpop

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Kotter Comics said:

I would love to see a classic Hanna Barbera super hero lineup (Herculoids, Space Ghost, the Incredibles, and Mightor.  Blue Falcon and Dynomutt could fit in as well).  Now seems like the time with Future Quest being published by DC, but I would imagine these characters might the fall under a DC license...

I'd love all of those! (But I think you're referring to The Impossibles. They were briefly called "The Incredibles" in the concept stage but today I'm pretty sure Disney would have something to say about it.)

As for the licensing aspect, DST would go through Warner Bros. Consumer Products. Since Hanna-Barbera and DC are both under the Time Warner umbrella, they'd handle both but they'd be separate agreements.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I'd love all of those! (But I think you're referring to The Impossibles. They were briefly called "The Incredibles" in the concept stage but today I'm pretty sure Disney would have something to say about it.)

As for the licensing aspect, DST would go through Warner Bros. Consumer Products. Since Hanna-Barbera and DC are both under the Time Warner umbrella, they'd handle both but they'd be separate agreements.

Yes, the Impossibles.  I knew Incredibles sounded wrong.  And happy to hear there might be a contract loophole, though I won't get my hopes up too high.

27 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

This just reminds me of Mystery Inc. that was a beautiful show which incorporated Johnny Quest, and Blue Falcon and DynoMutt. I'd be 100% on board with getting all those!

Yeah man, there is also a comic out right now called Future Quest with all these guys in  it... i haven't read it, waiting for the trade, but it looks like good old fun!

5 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Dare we hope for a Masters of the Universe line? Or do we still think Mattel is going to do something in their Mega Bloks/Construx line with He-Man and company?

We can always live in hope.
But I think the chances of seeing MotU are still pretty slim. But it's a line that I would probably go completionist on.

5 hours ago, Roccothegreat said:

Stranger things minimates would be awesome . Just needs like 2-3 box sets

Lately I have been into DST doing movies and TV shows.  Stranger Things would be fun, even if its just an Eleven and Demogorgon 2-pack. 

I also want to some of their vinimates as minimates, such as Beetlejuice, Elf, Iron Giant, etc. 

Finally, I'm hoping for a new Gotham wave that has Jerome, Ivy, Mad Hatter, and Azrael. 

This really is a make or break year for me with minimates. They've been on the backburner for me the last few years. I've bought a bunch, but half of what i buy is older stuff that i want extras of. I need something to really knock my socks off, or I'm afraid my days are coming closer to an end (starting to feel like a broken record saying this stuff). I hope Elf is 100% lock to be made, and i keep referencing it, but at this point its what I'm mostly excited about. But.... I don't expect more than a 4-pack with maybe a few companion 2 -packs scattered. After that, at this point, there is nothing we know about that I'm super excited about... Thundercats was the last thing i was truly excited about, and I'm glad i was able to get about 99% of the figures i wanted from that. Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

fingers crossed... Xnn

With my latest plastic crack obsession, I'm looking at being very choosy about my future Minimates purchases. I'm probably all in with Marvel after trying to cherrypick years ago and coming to regret it. I'll pass on lines I have zero interest in (Nightmare Before Christmas, SpongeBob Squarepants). I'll continue with the ones I've started (Alien, Predator). Impulse buys will become less frequent unless I can find them on clearance (TMNT, Ghostbusters). Anything new is going to have to tickle my nostalgia bone (Batman '66, Planet of the Apes) or be pretty high on my wish list (Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars).