UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfair 2017 Anyone?

hellpop

Realized today that Toyfair is right around the corner; Google tells me it's the 18th to the 21st.  I know we're talking about stuff in the new licenses thread, but I thought we could speculate about this show in general.  I expect to see:

-Watchmen;
-Pirates:
-Spider Man:Homecoming;
-Guardians of the Galaxy 2;
-the mystery video game wave;
-the next Marvel Comics wave:

Anything else on the radar I'm missing? Muppets? Gotham? NBX?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

Realized today that Toyfair is right around the corner; Google tells me it's the 18th to the 21st.  I know we're talking about stuff in the new licenses thread, but I thought we could speculate about this show in general.  I expect to see:

-Watchmen;
-Pirates:
-Spider Man:Homecoming;
-Guardians of the Galaxy 2;
-the mystery video game wave;
-the next Marvel Comics wave:

Anything else on the radar I'm missing? Muppets? Gotham? NBX?

That sounds about right. I'm really hoping we see at least art for the next comic Marvel wave, presumably 75, instead of just Homecoming.

IIRC, the VG license is top secret, and wouldn't be unveiled for qite a while. Likewise, I'm not expecting the next comic wave to show up. Maybe Ragnarok, if we're lucky. And TBH, Ragnarok has the potential to be a great wave. If it also gets a TRU tie-in, it'll really help with the lack of Thor characters (even if they're in MCU form). I'm expecting something like this:

Thor/ Valkyrie

Hulk/ Executioner

Loki/ Hela

Odin/ Doctor Strange

And hopefully the Warriors 3 & Sif at TRU. Grandmaster & Surtur would've been cool as well, but I don't see them being made. Grandmaster could've fit into the LCS wave, but I don't see DST passing on a Doctor Strange, especially with all the tooling they've already done. At least he'll have the yellow gloves, so there's that.

Edited by Kostisfire

I could enjoy some Planet of the Apes MiniMates (Classic not the new ones).

I would like to see some of the classic cartoons done in MiniMates form since we are getting Muppets.

We could do the characters from Hanna Barbera (Yogi, Boo boo, Grape Ape, the gangs from Laff-a-lympics:The Scooby Doobies, The Yogi Yahooeys and the Really Rottens).

Then we could get the Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt.

On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 0:14 PM, Kostisfire said:

IIRC, the VG license is top secret, and wouldn't be unveiled for qite a while. Likewise, I'm not expecting the next comic wave to show up. Maybe Ragnarok, if we're lucky. And TBH, Ragnarok has the potential to be a great wave. If it also gets a TRU tie-in, it'll really help with the lack of Thor characters (even if they're in MCU form). I'm expecting something like this:

Thor/ Valkyrie

Hulk/ Executioner

Loki/ Hela

Odin/ Doctor Strange

And hopefully the Warriors 3 & Sif at TRU. Grandmaster & Surtur would've been cool as well, but I don't see them being made. Grandmaster could've fit into the LCS wave, but I don't see DST passing on a Doctor Strange, especially with all the tooling they've already done. At least he'll have the yellow gloves, so there's that.

Ugh, if Odin is made in his set photos look, I'd rather they not make that 

Zach said that the VG license is evergreen, that it hasn't had a new game in 2016, and would not have one in 2017. So RE is out on account of RE7.

On 30/10/2016 at 6:37 AM, DSTZach said:

It's not a new game (2016/2017), but it is a big, evergreen franchise.

At least that's how I took it. Maybe he meant that it's not a new IP. Either way, Mortal Kombat and Assassin's Creed have been shot down already.

Edited by Kostisfire

13 hours ago, Captain Paco said:

I could enjoy some Planet of the Apes MiniMates (Classic not the new ones).

I would like to see some of the classic cartoons done in MiniMates form since we are getting Muppets.

We could do the characters from Hanna Barbera (Yogi, Boo boo, Grape Ape, the gangs from Laff-a-lympics:The Scooby Doobies, The Yogi Yahooeys and the Really Rottens).

I want all of this!

I would also love to see more 'mates based on animated properties. Cartoon characters translate very well to Minimates, and some of my all-time favorites (Thundercats, Peter Pan, NBX) come from animation. I think it's an area DST hasn't fully explored. I'd love to see some more classic cartoon characters, and some anime, starting with Battle of the Planets and Voltron.

16 hours ago, Captain Paco said:

Spaaaaaace Ghooooooosst!

I would love to see a classic Hanna Barbera super hero lineup (Herculoids, Space Ghost, the Incredibles, and Mightor.  Blue Falcon and Dynomutt could fit in as well).  Now seems like the time with Future Quest being published by DC, but I would imagine these characters might the fall under a DC license...

Battle of the Planets would also be great.