UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Resident Evil 7

Zylek

I just finished RE 7, it was freaky as all hell.  It was different playing as first person (I played the original when it was released on the PS1).

Apparently I made the choice that lead to the "good" ending, I might start at my save point before the choice and see how it plays out that way.

I don't play a ton of games, but I play the games I buy a ton. I like to play something like Skyrim or Fallout for a couple of years, which is made much easier by the games being so open and non-linear. How is RE7 along those lines? Is it really linear or is there the potential for a lot of replay/longer games? I played the first few RE games and loved the atmosphere of them, but they felt a lot like side scrolling box-checking games.

It might not be a game for you, It took me around 9-10 hours to finish the story.  The story is linear except for a major choice late in the game that effects the ending.  You can replay the story again on a "Madhouse Difficulty" that gets unlocked when you beat it and there are going to be some DLCs but that's about it.

I haven't played (and I mean really played) a video game in what, 2 or 3 years now. Mostly due to time constraints, really. I'm not a horror guylike, at all, but RE7 intrigued me. Maybe I'll try it when I inevitably get a PS4 for the exclusives (mostly for Insomniac's Spider-Man tbh). I guess I could try it for the PC,but from what I know, it's relatively short, so I'm not gonna be spending 50 bucks on it. Generally though, is it scary in a "jump scare!gore!guts!" way, or is it mostly atmospheric?

There are a couple jump-scare parts, but most of the creepiness comes from environment, darkness and music.  I will admit there are a couple really gory parts, like one of the boss fights using a chainsaw.