UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Top 10 of 2016

The Best Minimates of 2016  award show will be gearing up shortly, but in the meantime, I'd like to know which minimates comprised your Top 10 list of the year. Post a pic or post a list. Which mates were the cream of the crop for you in 2016? Have a Happy New Year all.

Top_10.jpg

1 minute ago, bigvis497 said:

Nice idea! I just did a picture of all the Marvel (comic) Minimates of 2016 so I'll have to choose from those....

Are Vinymates eligible this year?

For your Top 10 sure, but not the Best Minimates of 2016.

Hmm... okay, in no particular order:

-Dazzler

-Howard the Duck

-Man-Thing

-Nighthawk

-Squirrel Girl

-Black Knight

-Sunfire

-Thermal Dutch

-Space Suit Kane

-Rodan

Yeah, Marvel really dominated for me.  NBX didn't really have any standout releases, Aliens and Predator kept chugging along, and the indie comics wave was a pretty big disappointment.  Kind of a lackluster year, I guess.

I'm a Marvel guy, so my list is definitely skewed.  But I thought we got some great variety this year and some characters I never thought I would see unless I bought a custom.  So my list looks something like this (no particular order).

- Black Knight

- Tigra

- Classic Falcon

- Sunfire

- Banshee

- Hyperion

- Nighthawk

- Man-Thing

- Dazzler (seriously, how did we get a Disco Dazzler?!?!?!)

- Jane Foster Thor

And my 11th, just because, was MCU Black Panther.  I don't really collect MCU stuff, I much prefer the comics.  But this figure did it for me.

My odd personal list, no picture.

1 - Cassie Hack - No surprise here, I wanted this one for a long time!
2 - Wrestler Zombie - Legion of Doom/Road Warrior shoulder pads, a Minimate Championship title. Almost took the top spot!
3 - Spyrnus - Didn't realize that was his name until now. He's LandShark to me. He's a freakin shark, that's why he's on the list!
4 - Ninjak - Ninja. Spy. Valiant character.
5- Blaine (Predator) - Ain't got time to bleed or to explain why he's on the list.
6 - Bob Agent of Hydra - Great year for Deadpool Minimates, and Bob was the most needed of the bunch.
7 - Dark Horizons Raphael - Visual striking figure, and reminds me of Raph's old Archie outfit.
8 - Crossbones - Always a fan of black and white characters.
9 - Squirrel Girl - Fun character and Minimate SQUIRRELS!
10 - Brodie (Mallrats) - Say, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?