UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Carrie Fisher RIP

TENIME_art

I'm a little distraught about this one. I know she'd had some trouble with some things so I knew it wasn't going to be a particularly happy passing, but this is just too damn early. I was really surprised when I found out that Debbie Reynolds is only 86! Two more chapters in the Star Wars saga that will be left incomplete. I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work (they could do what they did in Rogue One) but it won't feel right. We move on, though and can't do much about it.

Though I have been preparing for this announcement for the past few days, it still hit me a whole lot harder than I was expecting. Carrie had so much life left in her and was an inspiration to so many. On a personal level, her work to raise awareness for mental illness was particularly important and deeply affecting. 

1 hour ago, NerdyTrev said:

Two more chapters in the Star Wars saga that will be left incomplete. I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work (they could do what they did in Rogue One) but it won't feel right. 

Her work on Episode VIII, and by extension the film as whole, is complete. The film has now entered post-production. Now how this will affect Episode IX is currently unknown.

• 3 months later...