UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Forbidden Planet Minimates

ForbiddenPlanet2pkMM.jpg

From sciencefiction.com

http://sciencefiction.com/2016/12/20/exclusive-first-look-new-forbidden-planet-minimates/

Forbidden Planet Minimates Robby the Robot & Crewman 2-Pack

A Diamond Select Toys Release! From the distant world of Altair IV comes Robby the Robot, the most technologically advanced Minimate mini-figure ever made! Based on the robot’s iconic appearance in the classic sci-fi film Forbidden Planet, this 2-inch mini-figure of Robby comes packaged in a two-pack with a crewman from the spaceship C-57D. Robby features articulated arms and legs, while the crewman features 14 points of articulation and a laser pistol. Packaged on a full-color blister card.

2-Pack            SRP: $9.99

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Thank God it was filmed in color but "crewman?" They couldn't have given him a name? There were eight named crewmen. Geez. 

Obviously, he is not called that out of ignorance. I don't know that we have specific character rights, but if we are allowed to identify a specific crew member on the packaging I will certainly do so. Until then, he is a crewman, and you can name him whatever you like, or buy eight and name them all.

Edited by DSTZach

7 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

So this is one of the licenses you were talking about in the thread where everyone is speculating on the Video Game License?

Since this property was already announced, I think there's another property coming (that coincidentally includes crewmen).

On 12/21/2016 at 9:08 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Actually it is Robbie's dome .........I just wanted that to be clear. 

Nice licence :yes:

-robbiesmate

Do they spell Robby's name differently in the UK? Everything I see has it as Robby. Unless you meant...

harley-quinn.jpg

No B&W RobbY planned that I am aware of, but never say never!

And the Crewman will remain a Crewman. Packaging is locked. Start picking the name you want to give him!

35 minutes ago, Mystery Man said:

Looking forward to army building this crewman. And Robby will be a great compliment to B9... although they sure didn't get along on that clip PL posted. Hateful!

If my memory circuits are functioning correctly, they made friends by the end of the episode.

• 5 months later...