UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 73 - Spider-man Homecoming

Mysterious Stranger

On 12/7/2016 at 4:57 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd say Spidey, Vulture, Shocker, Tinkerer, Peter Parker, Aunt May, and Tony Stark (or Iron Man, if he puts on the armour) are locks.

Other guesses: "Michelle", Flash Thompson, Liz Allan, and Ned Leeds are going to appear, and there are several actors with unspecified roles, notably Donald Glover, and an undisclosed villain played by Bokeem Woodbine or Logan Marshall-Green (the other will presumably be playing Shocker). I guess Happy is possible too.

Maybe:

Spider-Man/Shocker

Vulture/Tinkerer

Peter Parker/Michelle

Villain/Flash Thompson

TRU: Tony Stark/Aunt May

I doubt we'll get a Tony Stark for the same reason we didn't get a Spider-Man in the Civil War wave.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Zylek said:

I doubt we'll get a Tony Stark for the same reason we didn't get a Spider-Man in the Civil War wave.

Why? There hasn't been any secrecy about his presence.

I doubt we'll get an Iron Man (if he suits up) for that reason, but I don't see the issue with a civilian Stark. Apparently the bond between him and Peter will get a fair bit of screen time.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

I'd be okay if they didn't have a Tony Stark in this wave. I think it might take too much focus away from Spidey. And at this point we don't know who all from the Spidey-verse will be in the movie. J.Jonah Jameson? I'd be down for a JJJ movie Minimate. Gwen or MJ? Not ruled out that I'm aware of. Random new character? There are lots of possibilities. As long as I get a couple cool Spideys, HAWT Aunt May and Michael Keaton (not Vulture, but out of costume) I'll be happy.

Just saw the trailer, Tony Stark was suited up at the end but we can't be sure if he'll be fighting. I can see him in a TRU exclusive pack with Homemade Suit Spider-Man or a battle damaged version Spider-Man, since he's popular at TRU and having multiple Spider-Man's in wave would interest TRU more. Just my thoughts.

I love RDJ's Iron Man, but I hope he's only suited up for a chat with Spider-Man, I don't want him to assist in the final showdown with Vulture, I don't want Spidey to start seeming like a secondary character to the Avengers. 

Don't get me wrong, the movie looks great and I can't wait to see it, but there was a surprising amount of Iron Man in the trailer, when I don't think Spider-Man really needs the help, he just needs to have a solid movie to remind everyone why he's Marvel's top character. 

I think they showed a lot of Tony just so people would know that this Spidey is now officially part of the MCU and get people interested. I'm sure he has a small mentoring role and that last clip of them flying together was probably at the end of the film, after Tony says "Good job, kid" or something like that. But I feel your sentiments.

7 hours ago, Valo487 said:

Don't get me wrong, the movie looks great and I can't wait to see it, but there was a surprising amount of Iron Man in the trailer, when I don't think Spider-Man really needs the help, he just needs to have a solid movie to remind everyone why he's Marvel's top character. 

What was wrong with four of the last five Spidey films? :D

I like that Spidey is teaming up with other heroes, as I always thought it was unfair to pit him against an increasing number of villains on his own. NuGoblin doesn't count.

We'll make an Iron Man, and a couple of Spideys. 

YAYYYYY

I really liked the trailer and I'm glad we're getting a new Iron Man as well! I hope the shoulders on this one aren't as bad. The SDCC Ultron box set was the best iron man imo. 

Maybe...

Spidey with unmasked head

Vulture (with unmasked head for all you Keaton fans :P just kidding I want one too) 

Shocker

Tinkerer? 

Aunt May

Liz Allen/"Michelle"

Scrawny Flash?

Ned Leeds? 

Maybe a civilian switched out for another Spidey  

TRU

Iron Man/Battle Damaged or Homemade Spidey 

...I'm just in it for Keaton, really. I don't care for the Ultimate Spider-Boy direction, I don't care for RDJ's Stark at this point, because all the MCU has done for Tony is make him a struggle to read about if you exclude the glorious Fraction run (and that's mostly on Fraction, because he got Tony), and I don't care for the High School setting or Gank-oh, sorry, Ned Leeds. Props for introducing Liz and the like, but scrawny "Academic Rival" Flash ain't my cup of tea.

So, yeah, bring on Keaton-Vulture and I'm set. Maybe Shocker, Tinkerer and whoever else suits up.

20 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I know what you mean, I have trouble keeping up with the regular waves. My personal "grail" is MvC3 Magneto, but the cheapest I can find him is about 40 dollars loose. I'm surprised he didn't get a Best Of rerelease. I mean, come on. It's Magneto!

Really? Pretty sure I've got multiple sets of that figure from back when TRU clearanced them out for a penny.  Let me check when I get home and I'll let you know (and I can probably send the Zero to Grayson).

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

YAYYYYY

I really liked the trailer and I'm glad we're getting a new Iron Man as well! I hope the shoulders on this one aren't as bad. The SDCC Ultron box set was the best iron man imo. 

Maybe...

Spidey with unmasked head

Vulture (with unmasked head for all you Keaton fans :P just kidding I want one too) 

Shocker

Tinkerer? 

Aunt May

Liz Allen/"Michelle"

Scrawny Flash?

Ned Leeds? 

Maybe a civilian switched out for another Spidey  

TRU

Iron Man/Battle Damaged or Homemade Spidey 

I'm pretty sure DST will skip some of Peter's peers for a version of him. My guess is pretty much the same:

Spider-Man/Shocker

Vulture/Tinkerer

Peter Parker/Ned Leeds

Aunt May/undisclosed villain

TRU: "Homemade" Spider-Man/Iron Man

I could see the still unknown other villain being replaced with another civilian, though. Maybe Liz Allen?

3 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Apparently Logan Marshall-Green will be playing yet another villain.

If you look at both trailers, both Bokeem Woodbine and Logan Marshall-Green are dressed like Shocker and each is wearing one of the Shocker gauntlets. Not sure what that indicates, but :Dunno:...

6 hours ago, CBMM1 said:

If you look at both trailers, both Bokeem Woodbine and Logan Marshall-Green are dressed like Shocker and each is wearing one of the Shocker gauntlets. Not sure what that indicates, but :Dunno:...

Oh, that's interesting. I'll admit I wasn't looking at the trailer very hard. Assuming they both have significant roles, maybe we'll get two heads, like we had for Sin-Eater.

On 12/9/2016 at 11:13 AM, Kostisfire said:

...I'm just in it for Keaton, really. I don't care for the Ultimate Spider-Boy direction, I don't care for RDJ's Stark at this point, because all the MCU has done for Tony is make him a struggle to read about if you exclude the glorious Fraction run (and that's mostly on Fraction, because he got Tony), and I don't care for the High School setting or Gank-oh, sorry, Ned Leeds. Props for introducing Liz and the like, but scrawny "Academic Rival" Flash ain't my cup of tea.

So, yeah, bring on Keaton-Vulture and I'm set. Maybe Shocker, Tinkerer and whoever else suits up.

I'm just scared since ganke apparentlY was casted that they're wanting to eventually have Miles. I'd be alright with having both I guess but for the love of god don't kill off peter we just got a decent one.